• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Well at least we will be getting public lobbies soon too. Kind of sick of FG mode b/c I play Palutena :p. Reason to play SF4 over Smash because match making is better.. I do wish they would patch in some kind of match making because it makes online against randoms infinitely better.

Cool, I could use some Metaknight experience if you're still using him.
Just like Ike, I never gave him up. I just found characters who gave me...more favorable results.
Well at least we will be getting public lobbies soon too. Kind of sick of FG mode b/c I play Palutena :p. Reason to play SF4 over Smash because match making is better..

If the tournaments are like Mario Kart's communities, we'll finally have a real leaderboard to see who're GAF's best!

Well at least we will be getting public lobbies soon too. Kind of sick of FG mode b/c I play Palutena :p. Reason to play SF4 over Smash because match making is better..
Getting thrown back into the SF4 lobby after every match.... ARGH!

I wonder if we will get latency displays of some kind.

Cronox

Banned
All my B moves put me in helpless, means I gotta be very particular about where I use them. '~'

I guess I'll switch, my MK was never that good anyhow. :(

Looks like I'm permanently in charge of our stages, let me know if you want to go somewhere.

Nah man, your MK is pretty good. I think I just had a block on the character. His movement freaked me out for some reason. I got hit out of loser's bracket in the last tourney by a MK.

Edit: geez that last match was anyone's game

Looks like I'm permanently in charge of our stages, let me know if you want to go somewhere.

Nah man, your MK is pretty good. I think I just had a block on the character. His movement freaked me out for some reason. I got hit out of loser's bracket in the last tourney by a MK.

Hehe, I'm telling you I'm tired! It's past 1 am over here, thank god for Spring break. I'm just going through my tertiary characters. Your Bowser is pretty good.

I was looking around to see who had the oldest profile, and Shamrock and FSLink registered only 2 days apart! I wonder if they both registered after the same event.

I registered here promptly after Melee's secret characters were leaked. "Ganondroff" had me stoked.

Alright GGs, Cronoc! Shame I only got to play your Jiggs once, but I'm sleepy you know? Maybe next time we'll do dittos. ;P Your Bowser was wrecking my swordsman, and my Doc must have been on some real pills lol, ggs.

Masked Man

I said wow
Anyone besides me seriously planning to switch mains to Mewtwo when he releases?

I'll test him out for kicks, but I've never felt any real attachment to him as a character, so I doubt I'll switch unless I really love his playstyle. If we end up getting Lucas and/or the Chorus Men at some point, however, they already have a spot reserved on my own personal roster.

Cronox

Banned
Well shit.

Better hang up the gloves now.

bruh i dont do walkoffs

Aww, it was for fun :( Colosseum is a guilty pleasure for me. I'd take it over Lylat, personally...

Anyway, good games! I remember that Ike from when we did the first season of ranbats. I like that there was a match in there where I decided to let you do all the approaches and I didn't lose a stock, then next match you decided not to approach either and we kind of competed to see who could care less about approaching and it evened out.

Your Dr. Mario was pretty good too, combo'd Jigglypuff to 40% which is rough. I was just biding my time to try and get a rest but your uptilt ruined everything at the end.

Anyone besides me seriously planning to switch mains to Mewtwo when he releases?

It'll really depend on if he fits for me. I always loved playing as Mewtwo in melee, I liked the idea of this psychic powerful being and I loved that he floated around everywhere, had great throws and that orb with it's crazy trajectory. I'm not going to drop Bowser, but if I like Mewtwo I'll certainly play him. Assuming he's not completely trash tier. But there are some mechanical reasons that I play Bowser and Jigglypuff. One is heavy, and one floats around. Neither are the super fast, top tier type and they're not that complicated mechanically, I don't handle those sorts of characters well. I can do Lucario, but even if I got really good at him I don't think I'd do better than with Bowser. If Mewtwo is like a better Lucario (keeping speed and floatiness, but better attacks) with more of a focus on throws and has some ranged tools I'll be into him.

Aww, it was for fun :( Colosseum is a guilty pleasure for me. I'd take it over Lylat, personally...

Anyway, good games! I remember that Ike from when we did the first season of ranbats. I like that there was a match in there where I decided to let you do all the approaches and I didn't lose a stock, then next match you decided not to approach either and we kind of competed to see who could care less about approaching and it evened out.

Your Dr. Mario was pretty good too, combo'd Jigglypuff to 40% which is rough. I was just biding my time to try and get a rest but your uptilt ruined everything at the end.

Maybe when I'm not so cranky we'll have some more fun, but I was being super srs mode. >:D

Yep yep, back when I tried maining Ike. Really feels like you've leveled up, that and I've been neglecting Ike hardcore. Didn't even use customs because you weren't, to even it out. I definitely noticed you were punishing my approaches, so I had to play the same game. It's super boring to me though, so I didn't like those matches. I really wanted to just time you out and be done with it...

Doc has some combos, but Mario is my combo king. :3

Cronox

Banned
Maybe when I'm not so cranky we'll have some more fun, but I was being super srs mode. >:D

Yep yep, back when I tried maining Ike. Really feels like you've leveled up, that and I've been neglecting Ike hardcore. Didn't even use customs because you weren't, to even it out. I definitely noticed you were punishing my approaches, so I had to play the same game. It's super boring to me though, so I didn't like those matches. I really wanted to just time you out and be done with it...

Doc has some combos, but Mario is my combo king. :3

Turn that frown into an upside down frown mang.

I don't think either of us is patient enough to time each other out. I liked it just cause it completely changed our matchup. I generally like playing aggressively but entering that matchup I was sick of overextending. Of course I could only do that against a character without a projectile...

Combos, wish I had those. My combo's require the other person's help :/

Edit: can I just share a story here for a moment. So I was just playing for glory and I came upon a competent player. I played him in probably 18 or more matches as Bowser, and never once lost. I SD'd sometimes on my first stock, but I always brought it back. He switches from Captain Falcon to Ness to Marth, it's no good. I would normally leave when I'm winning this consistently but I'm feeling good cause I got so much warm up with Captain Rage Quit and Boney earlier and I'm just taking my time to style on this guy. Finally, I manage to SD twice in a match, and afterwards he changes his name to "REKT," followed by "YOU SUCK" before leaving. Is it just me, or are half the people on FG like this? Granted, I could have left earlier, but I never once taunted or changed my name to something insulting.

Fake Edit Edit: does GAF have any European players? This thread always seems to go inactive between 12am-6am pacific time.

RedColumn

Hi everyone!
Here is Clipse from SmashBros-Miiverse :)

I finally got an account on NeoGaf! (jesus, that took a long time :p)

I want to write my first post to thanks to this thread and all of you (especially to IntelliHeath!) because it was really helpfull when I was making the site last year, and I didnt have the chance because I didnt have account until now. THANK YOU!!

So, now you know who I am if you got any concern about the site ;)

And now, lets go back to the topic!

Has anyone upload or found the last video from Sakurai speaking about miiverse, mewtwo,etc with subtitles already?

I need to go back to smash again, its been like a month since the last time that I played (too much smash on the first months to complete the site and I needed a break :|)

JulianImp

I definitely want to give it a try, since Mewtwo was a favorite of mine in Melee. Still, I hope his Confusion and Disable get either buffed or changed to something else, since those really were some awful special moves back then. It was hilarious how hitting anyone with Confusion would give Mewtwo enough of a frame disadvantage that most opponents would get a free bair out of it!

Also, does anyone from SmashGAF happen to be living in South America?

Hi everyone!
Here is Clipse from SmashBros-Miiverse :)

I finally got an account on NeoGaf! (jesus, that took a long time :p)

I want to write my first post to thanks to this thread and all of you (especially to IntelliHeath!) because it was really helpfull when I was making the site last year, and I didnt have the chance because I didnt have account until now. THANK YOU!!

So, now you know who I am if you got any concern about the site ;)

And now, lets go back to the topic!

Has anyone upload or found the last video from Sakurai speaking about miiverse, mewtwo,etc with subtitles already?

I need to go back to smash again, its been like a month since the last time that I played (too much smash on the first months to complete the site and I needed a break :|)
Welcome to the thread!

Turn that frown into an upside down frown mang.

I don't think either of us is patient enough to time each other out. I liked it just cause it completely changed our matchup. I generally like playing aggressively but entering that matchup I was sick of overextending. Of course I could only do that against a character without a projectile...

Combos, wish I had those. My combo's require the other person's help :/

Edit: can I just share a story here for a moment. So I was just playing for glory and I came upon a competent player. I played him in probably 18 or more matches as Bowser, and never once lost. I SD'd sometimes on my first stock, but I always brought it back. He switches from Captain Falcon to Ness to Marth, it's no good. I would normally leave when I'm winning this consistently but I'm feeling good cause I got so much warm up with Captain Rage Quit and Boney earlier and I'm just taking my time to style on this guy. Finally, I manage to SD twice in a match, and afterwards he changes his name to "REKT," followed by "YOU SUCK" before leaving. Is it just me, or are half the people on FG like this? Granted, I could have left earlier, but I never once taunted or changed my name to something insulting.

Fake Edit Edit: does GAF have any European players? This thread always seems to go inactive between 12am-6am pacific time.
So many people on FG are jerks. Every competitive game is like that, though. Most of them are URL losers.

SoldnerKei

So many people on FG are jerks. Every competitive game is like that, though. Most of them are URL losers.

I usually play in late night hours, perhaps it has something to do with it, but most of my FG matches has been pretty good, in behavior terms of course, thou I have played against some stupid fellas too, no more than 3 iirc, I end up blocking them, no time to deal with kiddos... but now that I think about it, I only have like 300 games in FG, perhaps why my jerk-encounter ratio is so low haha

Funny thing is, if a person has a troll name I end up playing way better. Same goes to if they taunt me after the first stock.

It's like if you're going to be a douche, you're gonna die. My level of play just completely changes. The really good players tend not to be as trollish.

I usually play in late night hours, perhaps it has something to do with it, but most of my FG matches has been pretty good, in behavior terms of course, thou I have played against some stupid fellas too, no more than 3 iirc, I end up blocking them, no time to deal with kiddos... but now that I think about it, I only have like 300 games in FG, perhaps why my jerk-encounter ratio is so low haha

Wait till you're hitting about 1000, at least for me I'm now in the 900's. Still low but definitely had a number of douchebag encounters.

Boney

Banned
I don't understand the problem with people taunting. After koing you get a 3 second window of waiting that's perfect for a taunt and adding character to the fight. People that spam taunts are annoying I guess. The worst is when I sd, taunt after coming back like "haha that was silly" or "time to get serious" and I get attacked out of it, that's just douchy.

I never get to taunt because I use the time to charge my shot though.
Hell I was watching Zero play and he gets pissed someone taunted after koing him and says it's disrespectful and whatever and then a few fights later against another dude he taunts after an edgeguard and says that's alright for some reason.

I don't understand the problem with people taunting. After koing you get a 3 second window of waiting that's perfect for a taunt and adding character to the fight. People that spam taunts are annoying I guess. The worst is when I sd, taunt after coming back like "haha that was silly" or "time to get serious" and I get attacked out of it, that's just douchy.

Hell I was watching Zero play and he gets pissed someone taunted after koing him and says it's disrespectful and whatever and then a few fights later against another dude he taunts after an edgeguard and says that's alright for some reason.
If you taunt, you leave yourself open. This isn't a modeling contest. I am here to end you.

Ricky 7

Nah, I'm good. I am getting too frustrated trying to play in that. I am desperate, but not that desperate.

Just tested my connection, no way could it have been something wrong on my side:

I've played some almost lagless games against people in Illinois too so I'm not sure what was up this time.

Just tested my connection, no way could it have been something wrong on my side:

I've played some almost lagless games against people in Illinois too so I'm not sure what was up this time.
I am alone in my house. Sometimes the game is just worse than other times. I am at the central hub server state, so the problem isnt usually on my end. A speed test is usually meaningless. Speed is not what holds connections back, and you aren't pinging to my location, so the ping value isn't meaningful either.

Edit: Also, the values wouldn't be meaningful unless you run it from your Wii U.

False, it's always ok to attack your opponent in FG. If you taunt in a position where you can get attacked, that's on you.

FluxWaveZ

Someone on Anther's Ladder once complained that I attacked him while he was taunting at the start of a match, even though I expressly warned him that I would not relent if I saw him doing it. It was pretty funny.

Top Bottom