• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
False, it's always ok to attack your opponent in FG. If you taunt in a position where you can get attacked, that's on you.
Ehh it's just a thing of being a good sport. Of course you can attack me but it doesn't make it any less douchy. I'm forgoing my invincibility frames just to establish a little communication silly banter.

I feel the sports fair play analogy works fine. There's nothing actually impeding you from carrying on with the play but it's being a good sport to toss the ball outside if someone is injured and then the team will give the ball back.

Especially in for glory environment that's just uncomunicated friendlies and not some tourney or whatever

Ricky 7

I am alone in my house. Sometimes the game is just worse than other times. I am at the central hub server state, so the problem isnt usually on my end. A speed test is usually meaningless. Speed is not what holds connections back, and you aren't pinging to my location, so the ping value isn't meaningful either.

Edit: Also, the values wouldn't be meaningful unless you run it from your Wii U.
Damn I thought ping was the most important thing when it came to online gaming, well that was the last thing I read. I have no idea then on what makes a good connection. T_T Oh well.

Rofl, nice bait.

Damn I thought ping was the most important thing when it came to online gaming, well that was the last thing I read. I have no idea then on what makes a good connection. T_T Oh well.
Oh no, you are right. Ping is the most important thing. But ping is just how long it takes for you to send a signal from your place to a server. Speedtest pings you to a nearby server, but I don't live near you. The important ping would be to where I live, Colorado. That would tell us how good your connection to me is.

Neoxon

CAvHxR8WsAE6S-4.png:large

FSLink

Banned
Someone on Anther's Ladder once complained that I attacked him while he was taunting at the start of a match, even though I expressly warned him that I would not relent if I saw him doing it. It was pretty funny.

Haha. My favorite thing to do in friendlies is in a set of Captain Falcon mirrors, to taunt at the start of every match. The opponent usually will too. Then on the last match, instead of taunting, I run up, short hop, Falcon Punch while the opponent is taunting.

Most characters have some set combos that of the first hit connects, you're gonna get comboed and bodied around for a bit. Your best best once you're hit is to press away from them so they'll miss the string. Don't get too trigger happy with air dodges because that's what they fish for sometimes so they can hit you out of it, plus there's insane landing lag if you hit the ground during dodging. So the combination of pressing away, fast falling when there's a chance (sometimes you'll want to retreat to the edge if you can't land properly, dodging, and challenging attacks (if you're getting juggled don't try to challenge from above, rather from the sides, and that's where pushing away and fast falling will help) can get you out of some combos.

But really, your mission, is to avoid getting in those predicaments in the first place. And that's where playing the neutral comes in.

Check this Stuff out, it might be a little advanced, but that's what you should strive for in time
http://youtu.be/OYWXCTKKDV0
Check the other 2 videos as well if you're interested

I can play. I don't think we have each other added though.

NNID boney64

Late as hell, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting that video. Those are the sorts of tutorials that we need more of, where it slows down and emphasizes what they are doing. Watched all three, and I think I'm going to start trying to incorporate them as I can.

dangit I want this game so bad but the price just isn't dropping yet.

is there any 8bit Mega Man music in this game btw? How many Mega Man-centric stages are there?

DooD1234

Just wanted to drop in and say Fuck Yoshi. That fucker can do some nasty combos. I got egged that somehow lead into his fair spike.

He a sleeper character in tournaments or he have a very big weakness that I'm not seeing.

Ricky 7

Just wanted to drop in and say Fuck Yoshi. That fucker can do some nasty combos. I got egged that somehow lead into his fair spike.

He a sleeper character in tournaments or he have a very big weakness that I'm not seeing.
His weakness is his recovery just like Ness, other than that he's pretty effing solid just like Ness lol.

Robiin

I finally got approved as a member!

I have been following SmashGAF since the first threads about the daily miiverse updates. Since I wasn't a member, I haven't been able to discuss anything, and now that the game is out I have only been able to play for glory, because no friends of mine play Smash. Maybe one of you have seen me some time, my tag is Robin, and I usually play Fox, Pikachu and Falcon.

Now I would like to finally play some of GAF in this game - so if you want to, add me (my NNID is in my profile)! Just mention you're from GAF and we'll play!

I have been following SmashGAF since the first threads about the daily miiverse updates. Since I wasn't a member, I haven't been able to discuss anything, and now that the game is out I have only been able to play for glory, because no friends of mine play Smash. Maybe one of you have seen me some time, my tag is Robin, and I usually play Fox, Pikachu and Falcon.

Now I would like to finally play some of GAF in this game - so if you want to, add me (my NNID is in my profile)! Just mention you're from GAF and we'll play!

what's your favorite cake

Welcome. Add NNID Karsticles.

Ehh it's just a thing of being a good sport. Of course you can attack me but it doesn't make it any less douchy. I'm forgoing my invincibility frames just to establish a little communication silly banter.

I feel the sports fair play analogy works fine. There's nothing actually impeding you from carrying on with the play but it's being a good sport to toss the ball outside if someone is injured and then the team will give the ball back.

Especially in for glory environment that's just uncomunicated friendlies and not some tourney or whatever
That's not a good analogy at all. You're not injured, you're taunting. It's like if a football player stops running the ball to salute the audience, gets tackled, and whines that it wasn't fair to tackle because he was milking the crowd.

Yes pls.

Boney

Banned

Welcome aboard!

That's not a good analogy at all. You're not injured, you're taunting. It's like if a football player stops running the ball to salute the audience, gets tackled, and whines that it wasn't fair to tackle because he was milking the crowd.

Yes pls.
You're missing the point really. But I don't really care so whatevs

Welcome! I might have wrecked a Robin on For Glory who used those characters, but he said mean things to me so I don't think that was you. ;~; Add CRQ-L-07 for a fun time, and lots of Mario!

Good games SuperJem. You got better with Fox's side B in the last game but it's a tough move to be precise with. Dr. Mario's aerials are pretty good at keeping Falco from getting followups.

I've never played that well as Link. I don't even play as him regularly. The plethora of For Glory players who do nothing but boomerang, arrow, jab in sequence make him seem unappealing.

FSLink

Banned
His weakness is his recovery just like Ness, other than that he's pretty effing solid just like Ness lol.

His recovery is better than Ness's. I think it's because more people can't get used to his neutral game of eggs + well placed attacks. Though I suppose it's not as straight forward as most characters. His kill confirms are also a bit tougher to learn for people.

That's what it looks like to me.

I gotta see what this custom Pikachu nonsense is about, like the little rodent wasn't good enough already.

I hate regular Pikachu on For Glory, and more seem to be showing up these days. Custom Pikachu is even worse, and that skull bash is ridiculous.

I loled when I read a comment there that said people are dropping low tier characters just to play characters like Diddy, Sheik, and Yoshi. Who the hell is switching to Yoshi? I've seen like 1 Yoshi in all the tournaments I've watched, and it wasn't even an official match.

Anyone want to play?

Top Bottom