• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I wonder how Sakurai will customize Mewtwo's teleportation.

Edit: or what if Sakurai goes all Palutena on him, and he has 12 completely different moves...

yeah, going with a more serious character too, last match has to be epic for CRQ

Too bad Layton is as unserious as it can get lol. GGs friends, I had tons of fun but I wanna sleep now. Tipster I'll get you for that KO punch, you big meanie. :mad: Also sorry I wasn't a very good partner DQ, I guess my Miis aren't up to it yet...

Too bad Layton is as unserious as it can get lol. GGs friends, I had tons of fun but I wanna sleep now. Tipster I'll get you for that KO punch, you big meanie. :mad: Also sorry I wasn't a very good partner DQ, I guess my Miis aren't up to it yet...

Haha :p

I don't know man, your brawler is a pain and Nikki, Jesus she is all over the place. You rocked em both pretty hard.

Plus Lonk is an awesome Mii

Edit: the input delay is killer. Captain was keeping this house together!

So typical of Tipster. While cutting into your flesh with a saw, throwing grenades at you, lighting you on fire, and slamming fists into your head as you fall to infinite depths, he says "You are doing great!" Like a demented doctor as he removes various vital organs with a friendly grin, you can always count on Tipster to pamper your sense of well-being.

;)

So typical of Tipster. While cutting into your flesh with a saw, throwing grenades at you, lighting you on fire, and slamming fists into your head as you fall to infinite depths, be says "You are doing great!" Like a demented doctor as he removes various vital organs with a friendly grin, you can always count on Tipster to pamper your sense of well-being.

;)

Haha. I want this on my tombstone. :p

This'll be my last one Kei!

Edit: good games Kei! Lots of different characters this time! Pretty much every match was close! Thanks for playing!

SoldnerKei

evil triumphs over good tonight! hehe, man, that boomerang sure screwed my first stock, but still the Triforce of Power was too much for poor Link to handle

as usual GGs tipster, it was fun playing against your other characters, I missed your megaman thou

So typical of Tipster. While cutting into your flesh with a saw, throwing grenades at you, lighting you on fire, and slamming fists into your head as you fall to infinite depths, be says "You are doing great!" Like a demented doctor as he removes various vital organs with a friendly grin, you can always count on Tipster to pamper your sense of well-being.

;)

this statement is so true lol, and he didn't even use megaman

Robiin

Welcome! I might have wrecked a Robin on For Glory who used those characters, but he said mean things to me so I don't think that was you. ;~; Add CRQ-L-07 for a fun time, and lots of Mario!
I never say mean things, usually "well played", "gg" or smileys!

I added you (and Karsticles!), hope we get the chance to play!

Cronox

Banned
I don't understand the problem with people taunting. After koing you get a 3 second window of waiting that's perfect for a taunt and adding character to the fight. People that spam taunts are annoying I guess. The worst is when I sd, taunt after coming back like "haha that was silly" or "time to get serious" and I get attacked out of it, that's just douchy.

I never get to taunt because I use the time to charge my shot though.
Hell I was watching Zero play and he gets pissed someone taunted after koing him and says it's disrespectful and whatever and then a few fights later against another dude he taunts after an edgeguard and says that's alright for some reason.

I'm LTTP on the last day worth of posts, but this one sets me up for a little bit of talk on taunts, so I'll take it.

The problem with taunts is, they're widely considered to be disrespect. Given the nature of many people online, it can be assumed that when they taunt, disrespect is intended. The idea (which I've personally read on forums) that the person on the other side might be taunting in sympathy when one SDs is optimistic to a fault. From casuals to tournament play it's considered disrespect, why would any other situation playing people one barely knows be any different? The best defense I've read of them is that they're called "appeals" in Japanese. Well, that's great for them, but in the western world those are taunts - "a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone."

In private online matches they can be used to communicate specific, pre-written things, that's different. Certain taunts at the beginning of a match (show me ya moves etc) or taunts after dying can be friendly, but only serve to give the opponent a free punish unless they're playing by the same gentlemen's rules, unfortunately. When people get hyped, it can be hard to hang back for a moment so their opponent can taunt after dying, especially in close fights. I almost never taunt unless my opponent decides to first. At that point I assume that they are a) 12 years old and b)a huge douche, and begin to slowly hate them. Usually causing me to play more aggressive (read: worse) and leading to more wins for them, so it's definitely working in their favor. Fuck them though.

I wonder how Sakurai will customize Mewtwo's teleportation.

Edit: or what if Sakurai goes all Palutena on him, and he has 12 completely different moves...

Man you are really looking forward to Mewtwo given that you've dipped into speculation like this... It'd be really cool if he had Palutena/Mii-style customs, that would really expand the value of that DLC. But all this is going to hurt all the more if he turns out shitty.

Edit: by the way, played a villager earlier tonight in FG. He got on his lloid to get back to the stage and I bair'd him off it for a KO. No damage on me, the rocket kept going past me, minus the villager. Thought I'd mention in passing cause IIRC, fair gives poor results as an intercept.

Ricky 7

Alright, good games. I hope you didn't mind my rage-quits, in their various forms. Charizard is fucking bullshit with his d-smash (especially at ledge), his f-smash that seems to hit me no matter what, and at ledge if I jump up! Rock Smash is ridiculous; it blocks fair by just receiving the damage, and then you are able to follow up faster, usually. Flamethrower wasn't balance at all... Bowser has a horrible fire breath, and Charizard has this OP flamethrower that practically guarantees a ledge guard unless I recover high, and then I cannot get to the ground. Jumping and doing nair(?) with his jabs coming out right away is just frustrating. Most of those kills you got with flare blitz were my mistake, so that move is fine.

Do you have any tips? I mean, after I stopped getting mad and focused on using Yoshi, I started doing better. But, whenever I am in the air, I can never get to the ground and you easily rack on the damage. Even on the ground you have your rangy tilts and fast jabs, and a short hop flamethrower. It was near impossible to kill you because you were able to air dodge or rock smash the majority of my fairs, and usmash and uair were quite hard to land. I am thinking I should have a control tag set to attacks on c-stick. Or I should at least use the c-stick to try and kill with fsmash.

I know this just sound so ranty and a ton of excuses, but I haven't faced many Charizards, and the ones I have faced are pretty bad, unlike you. Lylat Cruise is a good stage, except for the fact that it is even harder to land. I never realized Charizard could be that good.
Hey sorry for the late reply, I fell asleep. Yeah those were some great games, I don't have a lot of experience against Yoshi so I learnt a fair bit about the properties of his moves etc..
The rage quits were fine lol, the only thing I was worried about was that everytime you did it I thought you might come on here and start cursing me lol. Luckily you're not that type of person. Also sorry for killing myself a few times at the start, it was pretty late where I was so I made some dumb mistakes due to tiredness but I livened up more after a few games. You didn't need to kill yourself though when I SDed, I appreciate the gesture and get you want to make it a fair fight but I'd prefer the challenge of being at a disadvantage because it's a good way of increasing my skill level.
Regarding tips Charizard does have good speed for his weight class and that coupled with his range makes it really hard to actually hit him. One of his disadvantages though is that he can be juggled just like other heavy weights but be careful though because his super amour options make it a little easier to escape. I struggle too sometimes in mirror matches mainly due to the rock smash move. It's really weird, sometimes it's impossible to block if the rock shards fly in the right direction and since all his recoveries have super amour he's hard to gimp.
Charizard is a severly underrated character and I seriously don't think he's the second worst in the game like the Smashboards people think.
Yeah I got butthurt playing Ricky too. That charizard is absolutely disgusting, far too good for a charizard
Bruh.
Ricky's zard is on some type next level shit.
Lmao thanks. =3
Good to see Ricky's playing more people, I can never forget our matches from months ago. I wonder if he uses any of Charizard's customs? I'd love to play him again, but damn that Charizard is a fucking tank, better range than you'd think and more abusable super armor than you'd expect. :O
Nah I don't use customs because I can't be bothered getting them on besides I prefer his default specials anyway. I'm not actually sure if his customs are better, it's just personal preference for me. I do have Dragon Rush on though but it's not as intimidating as Flare Blitz imo.

FSLink

Banned
Charizard is a severly underrated character and I seriously don't think he's the second worst in the game like the Smashboards people think.

I think most people on Smashboards think he's one of the better heavies in the game without customs.

With customs, I'd say Ganondorf, DK, and Charizard are all pretty good.

I would agree that default Charizard is probably best, but his flamethrower variants are all interesting, and Rock Hurl's a decent custom too. And of course, Dragon Rush. Prepatch, Dragon Rush was a straight upgrade but now that it has its damage nerfed, there's still Flare Blitz if you prefer stronger punishes.

Cronox said:
When people get hyped, it can be hard to hang back for a moment so their opponent can taunt after dying, especially in close fights. I almost never taunt unless my opponent decides to first. At that point I assume that they are a) 12 years old and b)a huge douche, and begin to slowly hate them. Usually causing me to play more aggressive (read: worse) and leading to more wins for them, so it's definitely working in their favor. Fuck them though.

I taunt because of this. I know it infuriates people, and if I can win the mental game, the actual fighting becomes even easier. Don't let it get to you.

Ricky 7

I think most people on Smashboards think he's one of the better heavies in the game without customs.

With customs, I'd say Ganondorf, DK, and Charizard are all pretty good.

I would agree that default Charizard is probably best, but his flamethrower variants are all interesting, and Rock Hurl's a decent custom too. And of course, Dragon Rush. Prepatch, Dragon Rush was a straight upgrade but now that it has its damage nerfed, there's still Flare Blitz if you prefer stronger punishes.
According to the SmashBoards community teir list he's the second worst just above Mii Sword Fighter.

I can see Charizard's custom Fireball Cannon being good against characters like Dedede or Ike. Not sure about Fire Fang's usefulness though, can't imagine a scenario where it'll come more in handy than Flamethrower.
Dragon Rush is an important custom no doubt but when I have it equipped I feel like there's less opportunities to kill and my opponent won't have that fear of messing up so they'll play more aggressively.
Dragon Rush is great against Rosalina, it carries the Luma into the pits all the time so she basically has to play the entire match without Luma.
Don't really know much about his other customs though. I guess Rock Hurl is kind of a decent antiair move.

Ricky 7

I like his custom up B that gives more recovery.

The explosive Flare Blitz custom seems...ridiculous and bad.
That Up B isn't an attack though and it has no super armour, the only time I can see that being useful is if you like going deep off the ledge for gimping but the lack I of a hit box means that move is easily gimpable as well.

Blast Burn is a Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch tier move. I guess it'd be funny in 2v2s.

That Up B isn't an attack though and it has no super armour, the only time I can see that being useful is if you like going deep off the ledge for gimping but the lack I of a hit box means that move is easily gimpable as well.

Blast Burn is a Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch tier move. I guess it'd be funny in 2v2s.
I always get gimped when I play Zard, so I like it.

Probably not enough results in tournaments to make a case for him, like Mii Swordfighter.
Swordfighter actually seems limited, though.

After 5 days of farming custom moves I have 363/376!
giphy.gif

Dare I ask how many hours? About to start the Classic Mode grind right now!

Top Bottom