• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

When did he have facial expressions? I've never even seen or heard of it.

The Day 1 patch online enabler broke ROB's eye animations on the Wii U in vs mode.

Here's a screenshot I took of ROB taking a face full of foot from Charizard and not even being phased.
zlCfzS3Ah_0LBUy8rk

In any other mode but VS (or on the 3DS), his eyes have green static when hurt.
Rob_Dark_Blue.JPG

jnWake

So Zelda is horrible huh? Any tips? I have no idea what I'm doing

Zelda is a dodge and then punish character. Her smashes are ridiculously strong as are her aerials, but they're all slow so you shouldn't approach with any of them. Teleport is also a nice punish, kills at about 70-90%. Dair is also super good since it spikes even if you miss the sweet spot.

If you really want to approach, neutral B is somewhat good, but nAir is your best tool. Zelda's up and down tilts are also decent since they aren't that slow. Ftilt is slower but hits hard and neutral jab is actually quite good. Her dash attack is also a good option since it's very strong.

Mostly, you should play patiently and annoy your opponent with Din's Fire and teleports. Throw some down Bs to confuse your opponent too.

Cronox

Banned
Zelda is a dodge and then punish character. Her smashes are ridiculously strong as are her aerials, but they're all slow so you shouldn't approach with any of them. Teleport is also a nice punish, kills at about 70-90%. Dair is also super good since it spikes even if you miss the sweet spot.

If you really want to approach, neutral B is somewhat good, but nAir is your best tool. Zelda's up and down tilts are also decent since they aren't that slow. Ftilt is slower but hits hard and neutral jab is actually quite good. Her dash attack is also a good option since it's very strong.

Mostly, you should play patiently and annoy your opponent with Din's Fire and teleports. Throw some down Bs to confuse your opponent too.

Problem is, at higher skill levels her tools fall behind. You can DI out of her fsmash, I've even done it with Bowser, and a character like Jigglypuff isn't threatened by her fsmash at all. And teleports are telegraphed enough that they only work against people who don't have enough experience in the matchup or don't DI off a throw and get killed in the "elevator." A better player will do these things. This means she has to rely on dair, fair and bair sweetspots to kill, all of which are hard to land.

Here's what folks might have missed in the Direct:
Mewtwo is coming April 28 as DLC.
If you bought both versions and registered, you will get Mewtwo on April 15.
Lucas is currently in the works. He will come out in June.
Sakurai is opening a survey for people to vote for more character DLC.
The poll closes on October 5, 2015. That basically confirms DLC for Smash all the way into 2016.
A balance patch is coming.
Mii Costumes are coming - they let you dress as characters like Dunban, Megaman X, and Protoman.

I missed the first minute of the direct, did they show Mewtwo gameplay yet?
A full trailer. Pretty much Melee Mewtwo.

So Zelda is horrible huh? Any tips? I have no idea what I'm doing

Coming from a Zelda main:

Zelda is all about reads, punishing and zoning. The whole play is really trying to get them to follow to you and make them think they're safe when in reality you have them under your control. Zelda can approach and do rushdowns, but only when you have the opponent read like a book or at least you feel safe from potential retaliation.

All her aerials are literally full punishment attacks. Her dair is an awesome gimp and her fair and bair are absurd when you land a sweetspot. the uair isn't as powerful, it's also deceptively wide in it's hitbox.

Dtilt is a good popup move as well as combo starter.

Ftilt can be aimed, high, mid, low. It also has decent power.

Utilt is a pseudo-juggle, it's a safer version of the Usmash without the commitment and power.

Dash attack has a sweet spot, so careful on timing.

Down Smash is quick and good for cutting rolling as well as a way to get people away. It is VERY horizontal so on an edge it can be deadly.

Din's Fire works well at edge guarding as well as mid range harassment.

Nayru's Love is an absurdly long reflector as well as a zoning move when fast chars try to do a rushdown.

Farore's Wind is brutal and can both kill you or the opponent. Be careful when you start the teleports especially if you're aiming to the ground but aren't high enough. The game always makes sure you travel the full teleport distance you're going and if you aren't high enough or far enoughit'll keep going and teleport you off stage. But aside from that as a kill move it's absurdly brutal.

Phantom works well as an edge guard or as a zoning skill. A full charge can also hit people hanging on edges if you get the distance right. Half charge phantom's are very good edge guards as they have a very wide swing. Be careful though, these can be reflected and pocketed.

There's probably more but I think I got the main bits

Man, I need to think real good on who to vote in order to make this character poll vote count.
I think we, as a forum, should put together a short list so everyone can reflect on the most viable options. No one will be forced to vote for any one particular character, but it will help everyone think about what they want to do.

Cronox

Banned
While I'm looking forward to Lucas, I'd really rather they introduce completely new characters than slowly put old characters from past games back. I would be up for the inkling girl but I'm not sure if the engine can do paint stuff to make the character true to their game. Bayonetta would be cool but I doubt it'd happen, she's too risque for the Smash audience. Bayonetta brings Smash 4's E rating up to T if they stay true to her character.

Just bring Daisy in guys.

Her or Bayonetta.
No one cares about Daisy, man. :p Dream a dream that can become a reality.

While I'm looking forward to Lucas, I'd really rather they introduce completely new characters than slowly put old characters from past games back. I would be up for the inkling girl but I'm not sure if the engine can do paint stuff to make the character true to their game. Bayonetta would be cool but I doubt it'd happen, she's too risque for the Smash audience. Bayonetta brings Smash 4's E rating up to T if they stay true to her character.
Nothing she does would be crazier than ZSS's moveset, IMO. Still, I plan on giving my vote to something more realistic, like Ridley or Wolf.

Also, DLC isn't rated by the ESRB. It can't change the game's rating.

Cronox

Banned
No one cares about Daisy, man. :p Dream a dream that can become a reality.

Nothing she does would be crazier than ZSS's moveset, IMO. Still, I plan on giving my vote to something more realistic, like Ridley or Wolf.

I don't see Ridley as being realistic, he's already a stage hazard. Wolf I guess... though his specials already nearly exist as customs. For Bayonetta, if she shows skin during her attacks that's definitely past ZSS. Also, I think Nintendo being who they are, they would have their DLC rated, or a warning to parents or something that would make them unlikely to consider her in the first place.

Btw, the Bowser amiibo for Mario Kart 8 looks terrible :(

At work, so I couldn't watch and post at the same time, but SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR LUCAS. THEY HEARD YOU CRIES FROM THE POLL GAF! LUCAS IS BACK!

SoldnerKei

nice to see some love for Lucas mains, totally didn't see that coming, but once I saw ness on the trailer I knew what it meant lol

Top Bottom