• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
It's a shame I won't be moving up the ranbats anytime soon. Flappy has done great, won all of his matches (curse ness and that stupid throw) so I guess I'm stuck in bracket 5. Need to duke it out with fslink for second place but I'm a bit bummed out I'm ranked so low.

Would be nice if second place also got to move up

Wait wait, you just mean you're both from Chile right? :O

You and me both, brother. Let us pray for shortened endlag on lasers and a jab that reliably hits (there's no reason that jab3 isn't a guaranteed hit.)
Yes silly I'm just joking. I'm much too handsome to be related to zero

Bracket 1 was a blood bath! Having played everyone in that bracket before, it's neat to see how the results compared to what I thought. It's cool to see how the character match ups play into it.

It's a shame we don't always get the details of all the matches though!

I'm eagerly awaiting the results in my own Bracket 2.

Don't put too much thought into my results. Poltergust forfeit his match to me last night, so I really only won once. Although I guess even if Poltergust beat me, I would stay in this war zone because the only person I beat was FluxWaveZ.

I guess I can record the character match-ups for season 3, just for you Tipster :p I might record some matches and upload them, but that would depend on how lazy I am feeling.

I don't even know how I managed to stay in bracket 1. Hopefully I get good enough for season 3 where I can stay legitimately. That would require me being able to beat Ness, Sonic, and Rosalina, and I am horrible with Yoshi against all of those -.-

Edit: Just realized you're coming to bracket 1, Tipster. Forget everything I said about being able to stay legitimately :p

It's a shame I won't be moving up the ranbats anytime soon. Flappy has done great, won all of his matches (curse ness and that stupid throw) so I guess I'm stuck in bracket 5. Need to duke it out with fslink for second place but I'm a bit bummed out I'm ranked so low.

Would be nice if second place also got to move up

Yes silly I'm just joking. I'm much too handsome to be related to zero
For second place to move up, second to last place would have to move down. That is the problem. I am not willing to kick two folks down. It is fine for things to move slowly.

Don't put too much thought into my results. Poltergust forfeit his match to me last night, so I really only won once. Although I guess even if Poltergust beat me, I would stay in this war zone because the only person I beat was FluxWaveZ.

I guess I can record the character match-ups for season 3, just for you Tipster :p I might record some matches and upload them, but that would depend on how lazy I am feeling.

I don't even know how I managed to stay in bracket 1. Hopefully I get good enough for season 3 where I can stay legitimately. That would require me being able to beat Ness, Sonic, and Rosalina, and I am horrible with Yoshi against all of those -.-

Edit: Just realized you're coming to bracket 1, Tipster. Forget everything I said about being able to stay legitimately :p
Poltergust forfeited? What?

Reposting:
Quote the text here to sign up for Season 3. I will let sign-ups go for the next two weeks.

Players that were banned during Season 1 may return for this season. However, getting banned this season will result in a permanent ban from play (burn me once, etc.).

A new stage selection rule will be coming. I will write it up in the next week or two. Instead of polls, I added a comment/suggestion box for anyone who wants to throw a thought out there.

Thank you!
SHI-G's list

Nietono and Rain

Japanese players tend to underrate Shulk, but it's hard to disagree with the overall spread.

CPCunha

Had sooooo much fun with the game today playing with 6 other people... 5 of them newcomers... the hook is on.

...one of the guys was playing Kirby and he was having a blast just using the annoying downB thing... how does one fight that thing off?

Had sooooo much fun with the game today playing with 6 other people... 5 of them newcomers... the hook is on.

...one of the guys was playing Kirby and he was having a blast just using the annoying downB thing... how does one fight that thing off?
Punish it as he comes out.

Just wait for him to come down, and either grab him out of it or wait for him to turn back and punish. You should be able to tell when he's going for the Stone a mile away.

I need to feed the dogs. GGs DQ, your Palutena has gotten sharper.
Ggs, eh I haven't played really in the last couple weeks. I think that custom bowser claw makes bowser's mixups scarier (because you could almost instantly grab me after you landed).. Are you just playing Bowser now?

Also I need to practice dash shielding more which I rarely do...

JulianImp

Like others have said, the gist of it is simply walking a step or two so that you're no longer below it, and punishing with an attack or grab afterwards. The same applies to Bower or Yoshi's down-B and some down aerials (such as Sonic's or Toon Link's).

I've been playing on and off recently, and feel like both my Sonic and Ness have kind of reached a plateau where it's hard for me to make visible improvements, and I find them boring to play. Since it seems no one in SmashGAF appears to be geographically nearby, the best I can get is 1v1 For Glory matches, which feel like too much of an oversimplification due to offering no custom moves option or even stage selection. I really hope they add some kind of option to allow custom moves in random matches sometime...

Twilt, the room is up.

Ggs, eh I haven't played really in the last couple weeks. I think that custom bowser claw makes bowser's mixups scarier.. Are you just playing Bowser now?

Yeah, I stopped playing Dorf because I figured there was no point when Mewtwo is coming out soon. Plus, customs are now accepted, so it changes Bowser to make him more viable. As ZeRo said, "He is almost good with that move!" Lol.

Like others have said, the gist of it is simply walking a step or two so that you're no longer below it, and punishing with an attack or grab afterwards. The same applies to Bower or Yoshi's down-B and some down aerials (such as Sonic's or Toon Link's).

I've been playing on and off recently, and feel like both my Sonic and Ness have kind of reached a plateau where it's hard for me to make visible improvements, and I find them boring to play. Since it seems no one in SmashGAF appears to be geographically nearby, the best I can get is 1v1 For Glory matches, which feel like too much of an oversimplification due to offering no custom moves option or even stage selection. I really hope they add some kind of option to allow custom moves in random matches sometime...
Have you played our top Sonic and Ness players?

Ggs, eh I haven't played really in the last couple weeks. I think that custom bowser claw makes bowser's mixups scarier.. Are you just playing Bowser now?

"52 characters and I'm the one who gets played time and again," direct_quote 2015.

Become the AeroLink you're destined to be, and go for it!

Twilt, the room is up.

Yeah, I stopped playing Dorf because I figured there was no point when Mewtwo is coming out soon. Plus, customs are now accepted, so it changes Bowser to make him more viable. As ZeRo said, "He is almost good with that move!" Lol.

Have you played our top Sonic and Ness players?
I feel same way with Palutena customs, she becomes a completely different character with super speed and light weight. I just need to mix up my approach.. I know the Sonic comment wasn't directed at me, but who is our resident Sanic?
"52 characters and I'm the one who gets played time and again," direct_quote 2015.

Become the AeroLink you're destined to be, and go for it!
I need to be able to beat the Smash Gaf final bosses first...

Cronox

Banned
Twilt, the room is up.

"Almost viable." Hey, you should record some of your matches too! I'd like to see what your dash slash approach setups look like since it sounds like you're defaulting to that at the moment.

I feel same way with Palutena customs, she becomes a completely different character with super speed and light weight. I just need to mix up my approach.. I know the Sonic comment wasn't directed at me, but who is our resident Sanic?

I need to be able to beat the Smash Gaf final bosses first...

Even I haven't defeated the Smash Gaf final bosses yet. I'm more like the first boss in the boss rush before the final battle. ;__;

I wanna equate SmashGAF players to bosses now, I wonder what video game boss I would be in terms of difficulty?

Boney

Banned

Dude I'm from chile and I have a stable connection with *almost* everyone here. You should try getting in on the fun!
You're from Argentina right?

Even I haven't defeated the Smash Gaf final bosses yet. I'm more like the first boss in the boss rush before the final battle. ;__;

I wanna equate SmashGAF players to bosses now, I wonder what video game boss I would be in terms of difficulty?
You'll always be a Crocomire in my book, but he's more of a sub boss... You probably still on the Monster Hunter grind though.. I really need to finish my ranbats, but I probably won't be signing up for season 3 because that's during finals time...

Neoxon

Aftershock may not be the only stop for the Star-Lord Hype Train. I'm currently in negotiations to go to CEO this June over in Flordia. Of course since I'm from Texas this may be a strain financially, but I'm dead-set on becoming a better Smash 4 player competitively.

You'll always be a Crocomire in my book, but he's more of a sub boss... You probably still on the Monster Hunter grind though.. I really need to finish my ranbats, but I probably won't be signing up for season 3 because that's during finals time...
Really bro? Not even Kraid or Phantoon? I mean I actually like Crocomire but he's a pretty not-boss kind of guy, you feel me?

Actually fuck that, I wanna be a monster from Monster Hunter like Zinogre. :D
Aftershock may not be the only stop for the Star-Lord Hype Train. I'm currently in negotiations to go to CEO this June over in Flordia. Of course since I'm from Texas this may be a strain financially, but I'm dead-set on becoming a better Smash 4 player competitively.
If you ever drop by the Chicago area, I'll be sure to lead you to our Sm4sh weeklies. :)

Neoxon

Really bro? Not even Kraid or Phantoon? I mean I actually like Crocomire but he's a pretty not-boss kind of guy, you feel me?

If you ever drop by the Chicago area, I'll be sure to lead you to our Sm4sh weeklies. :)
As exciting as that sounds, I'd need a sponsor to go there for Smash. Either that or a family vacation to Chicago.

TWILT

Banned
Karst defeats me 5-2. Not gonna lie, I almost wanted to throw my controller when I SD'd like an idiot in the last match. -_- Felt like I could have played a lot better ugh, but not to discredit Karst's win of course. GGs! I'll just get my revenge next season. :p

As exciting as that sounds, I'd need a sponsor to go there for Smash. Either that or a family vacation to Chicago.
Time for GAF to go into eSports.
GGs Twilt. That Skull Bash custom needs to get nerfed into the ground.

Ignite?
There's that, but I don't go there too often because it's an hour-long trek considering traffic so I stick to more local weeklies around the suburbs. We have a serious PM scene for sure. :O

Karst defeats me 5-2. Not gonna lie, I almost wanted to throw my controller when I SD'd like an idiot in the last match. -_- Felt like I could have played a lot better ugh, but not to discredit Karst's win of course. GGs! I'll just get my revenge next season. :p
If it makes you feel better, I was mostly experimenting after the set was done, so it isn't like you suddenly got on a hot streak to were missing all along. I was surprised you SDd that many times. No sympathy for you, though, since you were a bastard and tried to counterpick me with my most loathed opponent right off the bat. :p

Why no Shulk? Those counters lock out a lot of my kill options as unsafe.

TWILT

Banned
If it makes you feel better, I was mostly experimenting after the set was done, so it isn't like you suddenly got on a hot streak to were missing all along. I was surprised you SDd that many times. No sympathy for you, though, since you were a bastard and tried to counterpick me with my most loathed opponent right off the bat. :p

Why no Shulk? Those counters lock out a lot of my kill options as unsafe.

Admittedly, part of why I stuck with Pikachu was because I was very stubborn and wanted to win with him lol. But the half of the reason was because unlike Link/Pika, Shulk doesn't have a projectile to keep Bowser at bay, so that kinda my mindset at the time. That and I felt the matchup was "easier" with my other two characters in general. Then again, I also lost to Tipster when I didn't bring out Shulk, but I did beat Beef when I brought him out, so maybe next time...

Top Bottom