• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

JulianImp

Have you played our top Sonic and Ness players?

My only ranbats match was against a fellow Sonic player, but it was kind of laggy so it was a bit bad for learning.

Dude I'm from chile and I have a stable connection with *almost* everyone here. You should try getting in on the fun!
You're from Argentina right?

Yeah, I am, but so far the only ranbats match I played was somewhat laggy, and last time Karst tried to play me we lagged quite a bit as well. I'd be glad to try a bit more with others, maybe using Ness for lag tests since it's particularily noticeable when there's bad lag because that makes it really hard for me to maneuver PK thunders around.

...Now that I think about it, I remember playing a Wario who was quite good here with little to no lag. I guess I might have to try with other people and see who works and who doesn't. I guess I could always play you as well, Boney.

Neoxon

Is Sonic your main? Hes pretty good!

Something Flux always gets me with is when I cancel one of his spins he always jabs immediately.

I feel like he's pressing it constantly while spinning.

Not sure if it works with that custom though
Nope, it doesn't. Still need to readjust my timing with online.

Cronoc, you warmed up yet?

Some of you guys and your comments in the sign-up...

One thing Twilt brought up is the stage selection process. Letting the game pick has led to some unfortunate situations in matchups. I would like to solve this. There are two options that come to mind:

1) We do a stage selection process on GAF for every match. I am not a fan of this because it is cumbersome. If it is popular, I will implement it.

2) We ban the re-use of a stage you have won on in some fashion. Your opponent can still pick it, but not you. This could be a ban on a stage until the end of the set, or until you lose, or...there are a lot of options.

Do folks have a preference for 1 or 2? Or a third option? The only thing I am strongly opposed to is implementing some kind of mandatory chat room. I started the ranbats to build community and discussion on GAF, and I would rather this place not be overshadowed by another system.

Neoxon

b8b243ad704038d7952d076b22393185.jpg

I guess I'm up for some games now if people want to play (2v2?1v1?).. Or bracket 5ers.. I blame Karst for making me go off task...

I wanna play

One thing Twilt brought up is the stage selection process. Letting the game pick has led to some unfortunate situations in matchups. I would like to solve this. There are two options that come to mind:

1) We do a stage selection process on GAF for every match. I am not a fan of this because it is cumbersome. If it is popular, I will implement it.

2) We ban the re-use of a stage you have won on in some fashion. Your opponent can still pick it, but not you. This could be a ban on a stage until the end of the set, or until you lose, or...there are a lot of options.

Do folks have a preference for 1 or 2? Or a third option? The only thing I am strongly opposed to is implementing some kind of mandatory chat room. I started the ranbats to build community and discussion on GAF, and I would rather this place not be overshadowed by another system.

Well 2 is a standard tournament rule iirc so I'd consider that

I wanna play

Well 2 is a standard tournament rule iirc so I'd consider that

I'm in on a 2v2!

Great games Neoxon! Was great to finally play you! Your Sonic is quite good, I like the games you were playing with stopping the spin.

You should consider joining the ranbats!

Edit: Oh whoops! Still the above holds true!

2v2 after Neoxon and I are done though so don't wait up ;p

jnWake

I'd vote for 2 where you can't vote for a stage you just won on. Banning a pick for the whole set seems a bit cumbersome in first to 5 sets IMO. How does banning work on Omega stages by the way?

You still want to play tonight?

C-R-Q are those grenades unblockable?

I'll let you play with Karst.

The grenades are very blockable, but they'll eat through your shield if you keep blocking and I can change their distance and direction no problem; they even shift my momentum. As well, I have a second grenade meant to hit you up close, all for some crazy pressure. It's my only way of dealing with a tough guy who KO's me by looking at me funny. >.>;;; GGs though, it was fun getting to know Gunner!

edit: I'm down for 2v2 guys! O-oh wait, there's no more room is there...

Welp, back to Monster Hunter.

I'll let you play with Karst.

The grenades are very blockable, but they'll eat through your shield if you keep blocking and I can change their distance and direction no problem; they even shift my momentum. As well, I have a second grenade meant to hit you up close, all for some crazy pressure. It's my only way of dealing with a tough guy who KO's me by looking at me funny. >.>;;; GGs though, it was fun getting to know Gunner!

edit: I'm down for 2v2 guys! O-oh wait, there's no more room is there...

Welp, back to Monster Hunter.
There isn't one going on right now...

Top Bottom