• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Oh yeah, I feel like I should post the bracket for the doubles tournament here. As you can tell, certain teams haven't been finalized and I'll be PMing the single entries to try and pair them up. The bracket still isn't assuredly final, but should give everyone a good idea of the other teams participating here.

It's a friendly, and I hope people see this so they know what's up. '~' If anyone has any concerns, please let me know.

Oh yeah, I feel like I should post the bracket for the doubles tournament here. As you can tell, certain teams haven't been finalized and I'll be PMing the single entries to try and pair them up. The bracket still isn't assuredly final, but should give everyone a good idea of the other teams participating here.

It's a friendly, and I hope people see this so they know what's up. '~' If anyone has any concerns, please let me know.

Is this double elimination? Sorry don't remember the rules

That first round match. Fml.

Is this double elimination? Sorry don't remember the rules
I figured I would go with single elimination because I worried that the tourney wouldn't be able to keep people's interest long enough, though given the short bracket I could easily change it to double elim.
That first round match. Fml.

I seeded teams based on my experiences with their players and how I'd rate their difficulty, but I also hit "Shuffle Seeds" until I was satisfied. Depending on the other player's teams, I may have to shift things around a bit more until the launch.

Plus, I'm sure you can handle it. Bowser's a tough guy. ;)

So is gaining a shitload of distance if you do a side B with Pikachu inmediately after getting hit hard a thing all his side specials do or just HSB

I figured I would go with single elimination because I worried that the tourney wouldn't be able to keep people's interest long enough, though given the short bracket I could easily change it to double elim.

I seeded teams based on my experiences with their players and how I'd rate their difficulty, but I also hit "Shuffle Seeds" until I was satisfied. Depending on the other player's teams, I may have to shift things around a bit more until the launch.

The FML was for Boney, not Shamrock. His connection is like a slideshow for me.

I need to see the receipts.. :<

SoldnerKei

I am still available, well more like without a partner :v

whoever wanna team up with a Link/ZSS/Cap Falcon/Marf just let me know

TWILT

Banned
GGs Solar. If I may offer some advice for your Pikachu, I'd go for OoS options some more. NAir is a really good option. I'd also avoid doing point blank neutral Bs, especially the Thunder Wave custom because that one has actually more ending lag to it. I prefer using the custom as a long range punish move (rather than using it as a keepaway tool like the regular Thunder Jolt), and then go for USmash for the kill. And go for DThrow > UAirs some more; it's a pretty easy damage racking combo. You also have the tendency roll backwards whenever I dash towards you and I punish it, so I'd recommend being more careful about that.

Cronoc, if we are ledge guarding, don't go into the air with Bowser to chase. Let me use Din's Fire to bait their air dodge, then you nail them.

Cronox

Banned
Alright guys, I'm ready to switch teams up. Sick of hearing arcfire pointed towards me.

DQ I hope you're figuring something out about using thoron in teams...

Cronox

Banned
Tipster the thing about your Mega Man is I feel like I should be able to punish your rolls, and get out of your saw blade setups. I don't know if it's an online thing or what, but there's no way some of this stuff is safe or guaranteed like it seems right now.

Going to sleep everyone? But it's so early...

Tipster the thing about your Mega Man is I feel like I should be able to punish your rolls, and get out of your saw blade setups. I don't know if it's an online thing or what, but there's no way some of this stuff is safe or guaranteed like it seems right now.

4:30 am is early? Well technically it's early Sunday morning... Ggs everyone I was hoping we'd rep team Robin for longer Tipster..

You can Dair out of a seaboard hit and knock him away with the windbox.

The rolls are an online thing. Easy to punish offline. I hate how some folks on here roll behind you for throws a lot. It doesn't work offline. Lag tactics. :p

Good games guys. Sorry towards the end, I was starting to lose focus. Glad Karst got my "message", DQ you'd have beaten me even with the stock advantage. I was feeling pretty out of it, haha.

Anyway, thanks for playing guys. 2v2s are always a blast.

Probably online stuff. I dunno. Metal blade is guaranteed at most mid-low percents if it multi-hits. If you only get tagged with one hit you're able to react before I can follow up.

4:30 am is early? Well technically it's early Sunday morning... Ggs everyone I was hoping we'd rep team Robin for longer Tipster..

Good stuff DQ! Team Robin was a blast, we'll definitely have to do it again next time!

Quote this post to see the link for Season 3 sign-ups:

SMASHGAF RANBATS &#8211; SEASON THREE
The brackets should be all set up. Every player should be able to edit the results for the bracket. If you are unable to edit your bracket, please let me know and I will fix it.

Season 3 will start on Sunday, April 19.
The results of the first round are due by Sunday, April 26.

BRACKETS:
Link:
[COMING SOON]

SETUP:
&#8226; Each player belongs to a bracket.
&#8226; Player names are listed as GAFNAME(NNID).
&#8226; Each week, you are responsible for playing one new person &#8211; of your choice - in your bracket by Sunday night.
&#8226; Record the score in Google Spreadsheets using the invitation you were provided with.
o 1 = Winner.
o 0 = Loser.
o The horizontal cells from your name are your score; the vertical is for reference against who you played against.
&#8226; The format is Round Robin &#8211; everyone plays everyone in their bracket once.

IN-GAME RULES:
&#8226; First to 5 wins takes the set.
&#8226; 1v1.
&#8226; Customs are legal, items and equipment are not.
&#8226; Either player may switch characters between matches.
&#8226; 2-stock with a 6-minute timer.
&#8226; Suicide Clause: if a character initiates a grab-like move that results in the death of both players, the initiating character wins the set.
&#8226; Time Out Clause: if the match timer hits &#8220;0&#8221;, the player with the lowest damage % wins.
&#8226; In-game mechanics result in the stage decision (each player picks; game decides).
&#8226; When starting a set, each player may post two stages that are banned for the set.
&#8226; For the purposes of this rule, omega-version stages are all one &#8220;stage&#8221;.
&#8226; Additionally, each player may post two omega-version stages that are banned for the set.
&#8226; Legal stage list:

All For Glory Stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Skyloft
Castle Seige
Halberd
Delfino
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island

GENERAL EXPECTATIONS:
&#8226; Be honest.
&#8226; Be respectful.
&#8226; Be responsible.

GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL:
&#8226; Dishonest score reports.
&#8226; Disrespectful conduct.
&#8226; Consistent failure to play matches on time.
&#8226; Consistent complaints about connection quality.

FAQ:
What should I do to try and find my matches?
PM people on NeoGAF! Try to work out times instead of hoping it all works out. If a player has been banned, PM me for an e-mail contact.

What if my opponent and I are having trouble making our match happen within the one-week period?
You have a two-week grade period to play each match, but do your best to play your match within the one-week period provided. If you do not play a match one week, you must play two the next to catch up. I will be lenient on ranbans, however, and will only ban a player after the ranbat season has concluded and matches are left unplayed.

What should I do if I have tried to set up a ranbat match with someone, but they are unresponsive?
PM me the evidence of your attempts so that I can make an informed decision regarding ranbans.

Why is <Insert Rule> the case instead of <Insert Other Rule>?
Everything exists as it does because I feel it is a good policy. Nothing is cut into diamond, however, and if the majority player base feels a policy change is needed, I fully welcome discussion on the issue.

Can I join late?
Unless someone drops out mid-season, you will have to wait until the next season begins. There is no player cap, however, so you will be welcome to join when the next season begins.

Can I play ahead, or even finish my entire season right away?
Sure, go for it! I encourage this, actually.

Should I wire my connection?
Hell yes you should! Here are two methods to improve your connection:
1) Wiring your Wii U through an Ethernet adapter is the best option. A wireless connection will never stack up to a wired one. Here is a link to a cheap adapter that many players here use, and it works wonderfully:
http://tinyurl.com/qej8w74

2) If your modem is far away from your Wii U, you can try a Powerline Interner Adapter. These work by channeling your internet connection through an electrical socket. I do not use one personally, but several GAF members have praised their efficacy. Here is a list of options; if a GAF member wants to weigh in on the various levels of quality present here, I am glad to recommend one over the others:
http://tinyurl.com/n7xsckk

How were the brackets decided?
The top player from each bracket moved up to the next bracket. The player with the lowest score in each bracket moved down one bracket. New players, including most returning players, are grouped in a new bracket.

I was banned in the first season. Can I rejoin?
Anyone banned during Season 1 can rejoin the ranbats for Season 3. However, if the player is banned a second time, the ranban will be notably longer. Fool me once, etc.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is Roboleon still alive? I don't recall seeing him post in here and he's only done one ranbat match

I'm still alive! I can play tomorrow late, or tuesday! I have asked for matches in the thread on several occasions too

Boney

Banned
I'll get the ethernet adaptar before the doubles, and that should help. Was actually going on Thursday but my gf talked me out of it because she didn't want to make the stop

I'm still alive! I can play tomorrow late, or tuesday! I have asked for matches in the thread on several occasions too
I can pay tomorrow, let's set a time. What is late for you?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'll get the ethernet adaptar before the doubles, and that should help. Was actually going on Thursday but my gf talked me out of it because she didn't want to make the stop

I can pay tomorrow, let's set a time. What is late for you?

After 21pm cest :)

Top Bottom