• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Brofield

So, I'm playing onli qne with friends, but the mic is being really staticky; It's really hard to hear them over the voice chat. Is this a known issue or is there an easy fix?

GGs, jem! That was fun. Gives me some good Fox practice because I don't face too many.

I'm gonna eat soon so I should stop.
Thanks man, I still need to get better with him. Great games!

So, I'm playing onli qne with friends, but the mic is being really staticky; It's really hard to hear them over the voice chat. Is this a known issue or is there an easy fix?
You can try to go to the options and set the mic sensitivity to 1, it's on 3 by default.

I have one CD left and now I have to be a total dweeb and play a bad Mario party clone with myself for seemingly hours until I can get a stupid random event to come up :/

Ugh who thought it was a good idea to lock a song behind this stupid mode.

My brother was awesome and just sat down and grinded out three 8+ classic mode wins for me. I was so concerned I'd never get those CDs, but he's better at Smash than I am (Melee was his first video game ever!) so it wasn't too bad for him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
1. IntelliHeath (Duck Hunt) > Direct_Quote (Palutena) by 2-1
2. Direct_Quote (Palutena) > IntelliHeath (Duck Hunt) by 2-1
3. Direct_Quote (Palutena) > IntelliHeath (Duck Hunt) by 2-1
4. IntelliHeath (Little Mac) > Direct_Quote (Palutena) by 2-1
5. Direct_Quote (Palutena) > IntelliHeath (Little Mac) by 2-0
6. Direct_Quote (Palutena) > IntelliHeath (Mii Brawler) by 2-1
6. Direct_Quote (Palutena) > IntelliHeath (Mii Brawler) by 2-1

Good Games.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ggs Intelliheath, that little mac was starting to scare me I'm surprised you didn't stick with him..

Well, I just knew that his weakness is pretty much against your customized Plautena so I decided to go with Mii Brawler. I think I should have stick with Duck Hunt, Little Mac and Pit.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I dunno if anyone has a Smashboards account but I can't get into mine. I was gone from the site since February 21st and I forgot my password and reset it like 5 times. All I get is "User not found" however my Profile information is still on the site clear as day.

I'm not sure what to do?

Edit: Thanks Karst

Cronox

Banned
I dunno if anyone has a Smashboards account but I can't get into mine. I was gone from the site since February 21st and I forgot my password and reset it like 5 times. All I get is "User not found" however my Profile information is still on the site clear as day.

I'm not sure what to do?

Are you capitalizing just in case that counts? Can you use your email? Can you see a "contact us" button at the bottom of forum pages without being logged in?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Are you capitalizing just in case that counts? Can you use your email? Can you see a "contact us" button at the bottom of forum pages without being logged in?

They have a new log in system that has basically "I have an account" and then you input a password. Which basically says it's invalid.

I do see the Contact thing so I'll try that.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Tourney Mode people. Tourney mode.

--------------------------

If I don't get a response from Smashboards Staff by time I wake up I'll say the website had a good run.

From my understanding, Tourney Mode works like Communities do in Mario Kart 8. On there, it's basically a big-huge lobby where you join a "community" of players who all agree to play under specific rules, and every win nets you points towards that community's leaderboard. Think of it like matchmaking for an exclusive group; if we made a GAF "tourney," it'd be just GAF players and whoever has the code to our tourney playing with each other.

So yeah, kinda like a public lobby. We could all hang out there and play whoever's on without going on the thread to see who's online at the moment.

Ah, that makes sense. So people are conflating Tourny Mode, public lobbies and communities.

Hopefully they have both: old style Smash Tourny mode and the new style Mario Kart Lobbies.

Richie

Trophy Rush has been a godsend for unlockable custom moves; I tend to get a new one at least once every six minutes. Now, if only they stopped showing the characters with already completed movesets...

Quote this post to see the link for Season 3 sign-ups:

SMASHGAF RANBATS – SEASON THREE
The brackets should be all set up. Every player should be able to edit the results for the bracket. If you are unable to edit your bracket, please let me know and I will fix it.

Season 3 will start on Sunday, April 19.
The results of the first round are due by Sunday, April 26.

BRACKETS:
Link:
[COMING SOON]

SETUP:
• Each player belongs to a bracket.
• Player names are listed as GAFNAME(NNID).
• Each week, you are responsible for playing one new person – of your choice - in your bracket by Sunday night.
• Record the score in Google Spreadsheets using the invitation you were provided with.
o 1 = Winner.
o 0 = Loser.
o The horizontal cells from your name are your score; the vertical is for reference against who you played against.
• The format is Round Robin – everyone plays everyone in their bracket once.

IN-GAME RULES:
• First to 5 wins takes the set.
• 1v1.
• Customs are legal, items and equipment are not.
• Either player may switch characters between matches.
• 2-stock with a 6-minute timer.
• Suicide Clause: if a character initiates a grab-like move that results in the death of both players, the initiating character wins the set.
• Time Out Clause: if the match timer hits “0”, the player with the lowest damage % wins.
• In-game mechanics result in the stage decision (each player picks; game decides).
• When starting a set, each player may post two stages that are banned for the set.
• For the purposes of this rule, omega-version stages are all one “stage”.
• Additionally, each player may post two omega-version stages that are banned for the set.
• Legal stage list:

All For Glory Stages
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Skyloft
Castle Seige
Halberd
Delfino
Duck Hunt
Wuhu Island

GENERAL EXPECTATIONS:
• Be honest.
• Be respectful.
• Be responsible.

GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL:
• Dishonest score reports.
• Disrespectful conduct.
• Consistent failure to play matches on time.
• Consistent complaints about connection quality.

FAQ:
What should I do to try and find my matches?
PM people on NeoGAF! Try to work out times instead of hoping it all works out. If a player has been banned, PM me for an e-mail contact.

What if my opponent and I are having trouble making our match happen within the one-week period?
You have a two-week grade period to play each match, but do your best to play your match within the one-week period provided. If you do not play a match one week, you must play two the next to catch up. I will be lenient on ranbans, however, and will only ban a player after the ranbat season has concluded and matches are left unplayed.

What should I do if I have tried to set up a ranbat match with someone, but they are unresponsive?
PM me the evidence of your attempts so that I can make an informed decision regarding ranbans.

Why is <Insert Rule> the case instead of <Insert Other Rule>?
Everything exists as it does because I feel it is a good policy. Nothing is cut into diamond, however, and if the majority player base feels a policy change is needed, I fully welcome discussion on the issue.

Can I join late?
Unless someone drops out mid-season, you will have to wait until the next season begins. There is no player cap, however, so you will be welcome to join when the next season begins.

Can I play ahead, or even finish my entire season right away?
Sure, go for it! I encourage this, actually.

Should I wire my connection?
Hell yes you should! Here are two methods to improve your connection:
1) Wiring your Wii U through an Ethernet adapter is the best option. A wireless connection will never stack up to a wired one. Here is a link to a cheap adapter that many players here use, and it works wonderfully:
http://tinyurl.com/qej8w74

2) If your modem is far away from your Wii U, you can try a Powerline Interner Adapter. These work by channeling your internet connection through an electrical socket. I do not use one personally, but several GAF members have praised their efficacy. Here is a list of options; if a GAF member wants to weigh in on the various levels of quality present here, I am glad to recommend one over the others:
http://tinyurl.com/n7xsckk

How were the brackets decided?
The top player from each bracket moved up to the next bracket. The player with the lowest score in each bracket moved down one bracket. New players, including most returning players, are grouped in a new bracket.

I was banned in the first season. Can I rejoin?
Anyone banned during Season 1 can rejoin the ranbats for Season 3. However, if the player is banned a second time, the ranban will be notably longer. Fool me once, etc.

Top Bottom