• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

JulianImp

Yeah, I was confused on why you didn't bthrow me at that point.

Good games!

I'd say you often did unsafe aerials which let me gab you from my shield. As Marth, I feel like using retreating fairs is a better idea than committing to a dair which often left you wide open on landing, and you kind of did the same with Fox's dairs. Maybe you could try doing crossover aerials to make punishes a bit harder when they're shielded?

I'm still in love with the ice balls. Their damage isn't that good, but their slow speed makes them awesome for zoning (even though their freezing effect makes it nearly impossible to do follow-ups at higher percentages). I'm still not sold on the long-ranged green missile though, because it seems the end lag on it is really awful.

Good games!

I'd say you often did unsafe aerials which let me gab you from my shield. As Marth, I feel like using retreating fairs is a better idea than committing to a dair which often left you wide open on landing, and you kind of did the same with Fox's dairs. Maybe you could try doing crossover aerials to make punishes a bit harder when they're shielded?

I'm still in love with the ice balls. Their damage isn't that good, but their slow speed makes them awesome for zoning (even though their freezing effect makes it nearly impossible to do follow-ups at higher percentages). I'm still not sold on the long-ranged green missile though, because it seems the end lag on it is really awful.

I'll see how I can improve on landing back on the stage safely. I didn't know how to deal with those ice balls! They're really good.

Hatchtag

Banned
Good games Namikaze! Your Yoshi's pretty good. Usually I try to go Battlefield as Little Mac, but I definitely won't be going Battlefield against Yoshis anymore.

Good games Namikaze! Your Yoshi's pretty good. Usually I try to go Battlefield as Little Mac, but I definitely won't be going Battlefield against Yoshis anymore.

Good games to you, too. It is very hard to land against Little Mac with Yoshi because Yoshi doesn't clip to the edge, so you can easily dsmash me, or you usmash or utilted fsmash me from below if I try to recover to the stage. The armour is also really hard to get around.

You try to go Battlefield with Little Mac? That seemed to be your worst stage xD I was going Omega stages because it didn't feel fair to you for me to pick Battlefield every time.

Once I stopped falling into your counters, it went a bit better for me. Little Mac is dangerous in the right hands.

JulianImp

I'll see how I can improve on landing back on the stage safely. I didn't know how to deal with those ice balls! They're really good.

Their weakness probably is the low damage output and the fact I have to anticipate the freezing/thawing if I want to do any real follow-ups (which I think its impossible to do reliably). Otherwise, it's just a way to tack on an extra 4% at times.

It's nice how they got through your Fox Illusions, though, but I think I should've been more daring and tried fsmashing for the KO instead. I think as long as you vary your Fox Illusion recovery height a bit more (or aim for the ledge), it's going to be much harder to simply pelt you with fireballs to block your recovery.

Hatchtag

Banned
Good games to you, too. It is very hard to land against Little Mac with Yoshi because Yoshi doesn't clip to the edge, so you can easily dsmash me, or you usmash or utilted fsmash me from below if I try to recover to the stage. The armour is also really hard to get around.

You try to go Battlefield with Little Mac? That seemed to be your worst stage xD I was going Omega stages because it didn't feel fair to you for me to pick Battlefield every time.

Once I stopped falling into your counters, it went a bit better for me. Little Mac is dangerous in the right hands.

Shit I felt the same, I couldn't land anywhere especially if there were platforms.

I prefer Battlefield as Little Mac for a lot of matchups because I can get closer to the ceiling plus gain some protection from overhead attacks. But there's definitely some characters that Battlefield is a bad choice against. Yoshi's definitely one of them. I think its cause his weird shield makes grabbing one of Mac's better approaches, and you can't do that as easily on the small platforms.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Beats! Fun matches as usual. Thanks for the Ike practice; still got some more training to do, but with customs, he's a lot of fun. Olimar is hard for me to fight on Battlefield lol. The Fire Emblem duels were pretty fun too.

Also, how obvious was it that I kept wanting to go for Tempest kills? :p

Shit I felt the same, I couldn't land anywhere especially if there were platforms.

I prefer Battlefield as Little Mac for a lot of matchups because I can get closer to the ceiling plus gain some protection from overhead attacks. But there's definitely some characters that Battlefield is a bad choice against. Yoshi's definitely one of them. I think its cause his weird shield makes grabbing one of Mac's better approaches, and you can't do that as easily on the small platforms.

I might have been able to get some uairs on you, but your smashes hurt a lot more :p

It is funny because I hate Battlefield. I never pick it against most other characters because I suck at getting down from the platforms, and it blocks egg toss, egg lay, and ground pound.

Beats

GGs Beats! Fun matches as usual. Thanks for the Ike practice; still got some more training to do, but with customs, he's a lot of fun. Olimar is hard for me to fight on Battlefield lol. The Fire Emblem duels were pretty fun too.

Also, how obvious was it that I kept wanting to go for Tempest kills? :p

Good games! I was pretty happy about landing those regrab setups with Alph. He's so light though. Those forward smashes from Ike killed so early. : <

lol ya, you kept going for those but it worked a couple of times at least. : p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Is this Mewtwo's voice or the Tiki's Voice? Right as Luigi hits the Tiki, it's what sounds like a grunt from Mewtwo, but it happens right as the Tiki gets hit and I don't remember what they sound like, I thought they sound like they're yelling like in Mario Kart.

The Tiki's voice. Personally it's impossible to mistake it as anything else. Especially since the only time Mewtwo grunts in the trailer is after throwing a charged Shadow Ball.

Boney

Banned
So off my game Boney, ggs you have surprised me today, had fun!!
Are we done? Bummerrr great games. Didn't get to use samus against that rob though.

And uh thanks? I feel a bit under appreciated with that comment. I'm a lot better now (plus samus can have a horrible time against Mac)

jorgejjvr

Are we done? Bummerrr great games. Didn't get to use samus against that rob though.

And uh thanks? I feel a bit under appreciated with that comment. I'm a lot better now (plus samus can have a horrible time against Mac)
Oh no I didn't mean it that way xD I'm so used to playing against your samus, I know she's Amazing, best samus I know. But I did not know you were so good with all these other characters, trust me I noticed you have gotten so much better, even without trying samus yet. I'll have to see her one of these days

If anything I played horrible, I'm the one who feels ashamed

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Due to my stupidity and how I'm used to a Username and Password Prompt being right next to each other I figured out the problem on why I couldn't access Smashboards.

I feel real dumb right now.

------------------

I really hate good ROB players. They annoy me. Hopefully Mewtwo will make them less annoying.

Due to my stupidity and how I'm used to a Username and Password Prompt being right next to each other I figured out the problem on why I couldn't access Smashboards.

I feel real dumb right now.

------------------

I really hate good ROB players. They annoy me. Hopefully Mewtwo will make them less annoying.
Dorf and Bowser with customs do fine.

SoldnerKei

Excellent! You can host! I've always wanted to play you, actually...since to my knowledge, your mains are the opposite of mine. :p

oh, nice, then I'll begin with my mains and then play with some others chars xD
room is up, customs on

welp, is quite laggy :c
let's see if it gets better

Boney

Banned
Anybody wanna play?

Oh no I didn't mean it that way xD I'm so used to playing against your samus, I know she's Amazing, best samus I know. But I did not know you were so good with all these other characters, trust me I noticed you have gotten so much better, even without trying samus yet. I'll have to see her one of these days

If anything I played horrible, I'm the one who feels ashamed
I'm teasing. But hey, your rob was on point!

Puruzi

Banned
I went against a ROB on anthers that literally only used Nair and his projectiles. Occasional Downsmash, and UpThrow to kill. Hell.

Quote this post to see the link for Season 3 sign-ups:

I imagine ROB still has an easier time. Dash Slash will probably help me.
I can't say I have ever struggled against a Rob. He isn't even in the top 10 of characters that annoy me as Bowser.

Ganondorf's Wizard Drop Kick beats all of his projectiles. Bowser doesn't even need Dash Slash, but it makes it easier. Absolutely essential is learning the various ways you can pick up a projectile item thrown by your opponent.

RANBAT UPDATE:
Bracket 5 is doing a great job catching up, but no one there has finished their matches yet.

In Bracket 4, SteveYoungBlood and TheAdder have 3 matches to play still, each.

Bracket 3 has 2 matches left: JCX and Soldnerkei, and MaskedMan and SalvaPot.

Brackets 1 and 2 are finished.

Everyone has until Sunday to finish.

Jims

I keep trying to play other games, but Smash keeps pulling me back in. I always see some pro player use a character in a tourney and then I want to go learn that character. Curse this over-sized roster.

Anyone up for some games? 1v1, FFA, whatever. NNID TheRealJims.

Top Bottom