• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

emb

Sweet.

Your reputation precedes you, so I'm already prepared to be frustrated, haha. Sonic gives me a tough time, too. But it should be a good learning experience. :)

Anyway, my Wii U is down stairs, so add EMB1234. I'll get down and accept you in about 5 minutes. We'll just use the game pad chat for stage strikes, if that's alright. (Edit: Oh, nevermind, looks like there are no stage strikes. Ok then.)

FluxWaveZ

Anyway, my Wii U is down stairs, so add EMB1234. I'll get down and accept you in about 5 minutes. We'll just use the game pad chat for stage strikes, if that's alright.

I added you, but there's a game pad chat? I'm fine with the strike system, but I thought the rules just determined it via the normal random decision.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Flux. Really intense matches. Did you just pick up Rosalina? You were doing really well with her against my Shulk and Pikachu. Your Sonic's great as usual; still not sure how to fight him as Shulk >:

DedValve

Banned
Down to play with a few gaffers. Need to brush up my Bowser and Jr. Any tips would also be greatly appreciated.

For those that also want less intense matches I'm always down of having fun and playing around as well.

NNID is Dedvalve same as my username.

I also like to skypechat if your down, skype is also dedvalve.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Flux. Really intense matches. Did you just pick up Rosalina? You were doing really well with her against my Shulk and Pikachu. Your Sonic's great as usual; still not sure how to fight him as Shulk >:

I actually just started playing her today. I was thinking of playing an actual sub, and I wanted the character to be one who didn't necessarily have to get in close to fight. And then there's the fact that Rosalina is a puppet character, so I went straight to her and didn't look back.

She still feels a bit awkward to control, but I'm getting better at controlling Luma. She's fun.

Your Shulk's pretty scary to go against as Sonic. His range combined with that Monado stuff makes my standard approaches pretty risky. That Pikachu was nuts, though. I don't usually go against the character... but all the combos, heh.

MrDaravon

Finally think I'm starting to get the hang of the game a little tiny bit; playing with a friend in Team Smash (For Fun) instead of going -2/-3 all of the time I'm now at least usually at least going -1 at worst most of the time. Less to do with me getting better at KO'ing people and more with me just getting better at living longer, but it's progress, I'll take it.

Also am I crazy but do you not get coins for playing in online or For Fun? Feel like I didn't get any coins after playing for a few hours in For Fun, but I could be totally wrong.

TWILT

Banned
No need to doll yourself up on my account, but sure! Just PM me or respond on here when you're ready and I'll set up a room!

Welp, ready when you are. I have you added already, right? Can I have a quick lag test match to see if the connection's okay?

Vena

*gasp*

it's not that obvious though because they're still picking Smashville all day Kappa

Project M streaming Xanadu tonight. No Smash 4.

Sm4sh will be on after PM...

...And watching these matches, I don't know why I can't really be invested in P:M anymore. I think the graphical change is really messing with my ability to watch tonight's matches lol. The Diddy/Toon match was boring as fuck.

Tansut

Welp, ready when you are. I have you added already, right? Can I have a quick lag test match to see if the connection's okay?
Sure. The first one will just be a button check kinda deal. Just SD whenever you're done.

Edit: Got a room open!

RomanceDawn

Down to play with a few gaffers. Need to brush up my Bowser and Jr. Any tips would also be greatly appreciated.

For those that also want less intense matches I'm always down of having fun and playing around as well.

NNID is Dedvalve same as my username.

I also like to skypechat if your down, skype is also dedvalve.

Can't play again until Jan 5th. Until then tips you may or may not already know!

Bowser
1 - Short Hop-Air Dodge cancel with any special. Especially Bomb or Slam. You can short hop air dodge past projectiles and right into the face of the enemy, let's say they roll opposite of you then you can hold Down and toward the enemy to reverse the Bowser Bomb. It can be a devastating surprise.

2 - If certain characters love to rush you as you fall to the ground down air! Don't over use it though, they will get wise.

3. When characters are on the edge or jumping up just passed the edge try Dair some more! Use it on the edge and it can be a surprising spike. Don't do it off the edge like bomb and expect to grab the ledge.

Jr
1 - chase an enemy off the stage with the Koopa Kart. You can use it one more time to get back to the stage!

2 - when launched far off use Koopa kart to get back but it has an initial cartoony wind up before it goes. That wind up can kill you so what just a bit when you know you haven't been KO'd.

3 - 4 hit combo at low %. 1 Koopa Kart - 2 Jump - 3 upAir 4 - Nair. All of them can hit at the early stages of a match.

4 - when an enemy is recovering and you have time get a Mecha Koopa. Throw it straight up near the edge and then blast off with Up B. This can be done over the edge or at the ledge. Catch me just right and they have to worry about 2 bombs.

emb

I added you, but there's a game pad chat? I'm fine with the strike system, but I thought the rules just determined it via the normal random decision.
You might not see this in time, emb, but I exited out of that one because Wildlands isn't a legal stage for the ranbats.
Yeah, that's fine. That's why I was just standing around once we got there. I picked it I think, but I forgot to press X. Definitely not intentional. Sorry about that. ^_^;

With the striking thing from earlier, yeah, I just forgot. Realized after checking the rules. At least this time I remembered it's 5/9 instead of 3/5 lol. There is gamepad chat, if you press Z/- you'll see it toggle in the upper right. Never used it though. Might have to be enabled on both ends to hear or something.

Anyway, good games! It was really tricky to get in on that Rosa. Sonic on the otherhand, is just overwhelming. Is spin dash completely safe on Sheik? I have no idea how to punish it. I can stop the rolling with needles if I realize soon enough, but that's risky with how fast you can cancel it roll in and do whatever.

And were there any bad habits of mine in particular that stuck out to you, or other advice you'd give for those matchups? I felt like I played pretty well for the most part, but the results obviously disagree lol.

Howdy guys! I just bought a WiiU and my friend just let me borrow Smash. I'm not that good so if you want to play someone worthwhile go elsewhere, but does anyone want to play some 1v1? I don't know how to send invites or anything so someones gonna have to help me out about in that area of the game. Again, not that good so if you don't want to spend time fighting a bad person.......go fight someone else! :D My NNiD is: TheWorthyEdge

FluxWaveZ

Anyway, good games! It was really tricky to get in on that Rosa. Sonic on the otherhand, is just overwhelming. Is spin dash completely safe on Sheik? I have no idea how to punish it. I can stop the rolling with needles if I realize soon enough, but that's risky with how fast you can cancel it roll in and do whatever.

And were there any bad habits of mine in particular that stuck out to you, or other advice you'd give for those matchups? I felt like I played pretty well for the most part, but the results obviously disagree lol.

Sheik probably has more answers for Sonic's spin dash compared to some other characters. When shielded, I think she's fast enough to quickly jump after him out of it and punish that way or, if he doesn't jump, chase after him and then be on the offensive. Other than that, it's just having to react quickly enough and try to predict the opponent's pattern with how they use the spin dash. Sheik probably wants to preemptively strike when Sonic is charging one other than defending it, so that Bouncing Fish move or the needles are good for that.

I guess, in general, I'd say you have to work on your defense with spot dodges and better shielding, because I was getting a lot of hits in that I probably shouldn't have.

Anyone in bracket 3 able to play now?

MagiusNecros(MagiusNecros)
Malajax(Malajax)
Masked Man(kamennootoko)
Mistouze(Mistouze)
Monster Zero(KingGhidra)
MrSaturn99(Alagunder)
Phaonaut(phaonaut)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)

Wanna play? I'm new to the game :D just got a WiiU. How do I add your NNID?
You have to set up a nintendo online account first, then its the lower left smiley face box on the main screen is where your friends list is kept. From there you can add people's nnids
468px-Wii-U-Friend-Request.jpg

TWILT

Banned
GGs Tansut, 5-2 in his favor.

Man, it's like impossible to punish Sonic even with Shulk's range. The various SDs I did mindfucked me hard too >_<. I have to play so defensively too; feels disgusting! I wanna rushdown ._. Oh well...

Ryce

I found scans of the Nintendo Dream interview with Sakurai. He apparently talks about third-party characters, DLC, reasons for including certain characters, and a bunch of other topics, but it hasn't been translated yet. Is anyone willing to give it a shot? It's a really long interview.

Everyone should be playing their second ranbat match this week.

Man, it's like impossible to punish Sonic even with Shulk's range. The various SDs I did mindfucked me hard too >_<. I have to play so defensively too; feels disgusting! I wanna rushdown ._. Oh well...
So many goddamn Sonic players.

Zero173

Is it even possible to punish Sonic? I feel like as long as he doesn't dash attack, he's safe. Maybe you can bait him? I don't know, I find going against Sonic frustrating because if the player if good enough, it seems impossible to punish him.

Edit: I usually can stop him with flamethrower, but Charizard is such a slow character, approaching him is almost impossible.

Edit2: By slow, I mean lots of ending lag on attacks and starting lag on smash attacks.

Top Bottom