• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

We know Diddy Kong and probably Sheik are going to get nerfed, but who knows who else is going to get hit.

No Greninja jokes, he's suffered enough.
Luma respawn timer extended to 30 seconds just because
Pikachu gets more endlag on his up-B
Everyone gets more landing lag with up-B including Jigglypuff for some reason
Rest KO's at 30% on everyone except Bowser because he's a tough guy to compensate
Mewtwo can wavedash but he's still lolMeleeMewtwo
Luigi trips from ground down-B randomly
Bowser still can't B-reverse and now simply doesn't grab the ledge from Fortress at all
Windboxes get nerfed globally
Diddy can't KO with uair until 150% with rage
Mac's up-B gets a shortened aerial range
ZSS gets jiggle physics and has a slower run to show off new technology
Falco gets no changes

Windboxes get nerfed globally

This better not happen. Mega Man's Air Shooter is one of his best moves and one of the most fun to use in the entire game. KOing fools by gently and nonchalantly lifting them off the top of the screen never gets old - especially when you do it to someone you're playing with in the same room and you get to experience their surprise/rage. <3

This better not happen. Mega Man's Air Shooter is one of his best moves and one of the most fun to use in the entire game. KOing fools by gently and nonchalantly lifting them off the top of the screen never gets old - especially when you do it to someone you're playing with in the same room and you get to experience their surprise/rage. <3
I put that there to nerf Greninja's up-B :3

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Bowser's gets his Side B nerfed where Bowser just loses a stock immediately. No flipping nonsense necessary. Saves you some time.

:/

Cronox

Banned
I probably should invest on it, seeing I don't use klaw all that much, but I like having the option of the command grab, especially for air to ground mix ups.
I wish it didn't cancel on the ground, the move would be god like if not.

Wait what? It canceling when you hit the ground is a selling point... Just use it again if you wanted to hit them with it.

Boney

Banned
With the patches everyone is gonna nerfed to Zelda tier

Except Zelda which is gonna nerfed harder

Wait what? It canceling when you hit the ground is a selling point... Just use it again if you wanted to hit them with it.
But that's a lot of extra frames! You need to time it just right to get the hit, unlike other command grabs.
Sure it helps with mix ups, but having it hit more reliably would be better for me.
Buff nair at the same time, make it auto cancel on short hop

Cronox

Banned
But that's a lot of extra frames! You need to time it just right to get the hit, unlike other command grabs.
Sure it helps with mix ups, but having it hit more reliably would be better for me.
Buff nair at the same time, make it auto cancel on short hop

But... it canceled when you hit the ground, so you don't have a frame disadvantage besides the disadvantage of thinking you could hit with it in the air. Which is possible, by the way. It is meant for ground use almost always, it's not like Wario's where you can wait for people to run into it or something. Yeah nair is very situational. If you normal jump it at least you should land normally.

Anyway, my problem now is if I don't play Bowser on FG, I can only play a character who doesn't need customs, which leaves me with Jigglypuff and high tier characters I suck with. I tried to play as Diddy last night for a bit and it really wasn't working for me. I'm so used to Bowser's long jump window that I can't short hop for shit with the faster characters. Maybe I'll just play less and wait for the patch at this point.

FSLink

Banned

That's not an option and I have to use the inferior 1122 that led to my admittedly hilarious death a little while ago against Puruzi lol

Ah. Surprised that's not an option, but I can see why. Explosive Balloon Trip is pretty much an upgrade once you get used to detonating the balloons for the boost, it's pretty close to the recovery of normal Balloon Trip. There is 1312 if you still want normal Balloon Trip, and Pushy Lloid is still great, just different than default Lloid Rocket.

In other news, I made the Villager mains here rage pretty bad with my new counterpick against Extreme Balloon Trip + Trip Sapling. :3 I even timed them out a few times, bwhahaha.

Ah. Surprised that's not an option, but I can see why. Explosive Balloon Trip is pretty much an upgrade once you get used to detonating the balloons for the boost. There is 1312 if you still want normal Balloon Trip, and Pushy Lloid is still great, just different than default Lloid Rocket.

In other news, I made the Villager mains here rage pretty bad with my new counterpick against Extreme Balloon Trip + Trip Sapling. :3 I even timed them out a few times, bwhahaha.

I have been meaning to try Pushy Lloyd, but still I can't believe 1112 isn't an option, yet there's 3 sets with the Flower Pocket.

I don't think MM's uair counts for that. Windboxes generally mean those that push you without actually hitting you (Greninja's uB, Ike's B2, Link's B, etc). Last I remember Air Shooter acts like none of those.

TWILT

Banned
Link gets Melee semi-spike of his spin attack and is buffed all around.
Pikachu gets even more kill power on his smash attacks.
Shulk's Vision now has even more active frames and never gets stale.

Kappa

FSLink

Banned
I have been meaning to try Pushy Lloyd, but still I can't believe 1112 isn't an option, yet there's 3 sets with the Flower Pocket.
It's just the nature of having to stick with 10 sets. Anything other than Apex and EVO or similar sized event would likely allow you to import sets anyway, unless they're lazy TOs or really pressed for time.
Garden is extremely good against characters without a projectile too.

Also notable about Pushy Lloid is that I can't short hop it like I can with default Lloid. :p

Joke patch notes aside, I expect Fox and Pikachu to be the top tiers next patch. CALLING IT

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Link gets Melee semi-spike of his spin attack and is buffed all around.
Pikachu gets even more kill power on his smash attacks.
Shulk's Vision now has even more active frames and never gets stale.

Kappa

Ganondorf's Uptilt hits the whole screen.

Beats

zelda buffs I'd like to see:

- Din's fire can deal a small amount of damage and knockback while traveling before the explosion.
- Being able to hold the Phantom charge or make the move a shield breaker.
- Increase the speed of f-tilt
- Make the hitbox bigger on her n-air.

patch is probably already done though. I'm really curious to see how big or small the changes will be lol.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

- Din's fire can deal a small amount of damage and knockback while traveling before the explosion.

patch is probably already done though. I'm really curious to see how big or small the changes will be lol.

So you want Zelda to free fall after Aerial Side B?

Boney

Banned
Joke patch notes aside, I expect Fox and Pikachu to be the top tiers next patch. CALLING IT
Pikachu is weirdly underrated in japan. I consider him 3rd best in the game, and he won't be receiving (m)any nerfs unlike Shiek and diddy.

Fox also falls in the same category, but I don't think he'll end up as good, because he's not as strong right now (top 10 for sure).
I don't think the tier list will change much to be honest. They'll shuffle a few positions, but Shiek, rosa sonic and diddy are still gonna be top 5 with the usuals like luigi also coming right behind.

FSLink

Banned
Pikachu is weirdly underrated in japan. I consider him 3rd best in the game, and he won't be receiving (m)any nerfs unlike Shiek and diddy.

Fox also falls in the same category, but I don't think he'll end up as good, because he's not as strong right now (top 10 for sure).
I don't think the tier list will change much to be honest. They'll shuffle a few positions, but Shiek, rosa sonic and diddy are still gonna be top 5 with the usuals like luigi also coming right behind.

He's underrated since Japan doesn't have any Pika players like ESAM, Japan doesn't play with customs much, and they have a vastly limited stagelist and lacks stages like Lylat Cruise where Pikachu shines.

Fox I think is underrated right now, he has a pretty good matchup against Diddy and Sheik imo, his jab confirms are ridiculous, etc. He just lacks guaranteed throw setups like Sheik and Diddy do but I think with them nerfed possibly that he can rise above them. He also has some really versatile customs.

I think Rosa and Sonic have potential for nerfs too. :p

Some great Fox matches from Larry Lurr/DEHF who got 1st place here at Kawaii-Kon Hawaii. One of them is against Jtails (Diddy Kong), another match with Ninjalink (MegaMan), the last with Lethal Trilogy (Diddy Kong), our best player here in Hawaii.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmyjPS0BIKI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXxJBpWhgVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b71F5-2pNQ

Esque7

Anyone up for some games? Trying to learn a few new chars and haven't really played for a few months. NNID is my username

Boney

Banned
Awesome, will give those matches a look later as I'm just getting on the subway.

I might me underrating fox myself, I think he's excellent but gimpable recovery, him being so incredibly light and having a bad edgeguard games really pulls him back in my eyes. Haven't seen what customs can really do however.

The character I see with the most potential to get really buffed and rise up the tier list is Marth. I don't think he's range will change, but having some of his moves have less end lag and landing lag could really make him a major threat again.

He's underrated since Japan doesn't have any Pika players like ESAM, Japan doesn't play with customs much, and they have a vastly limited stagelist and lacks stages like Lylat Cruise where Pikachu shines.

Fox I think is underrated right now, he has a pretty good matchup against Diddy and Sheik imo, his jab confirms are ridiculous, etc. He just lacks guaranteed throw setups like Sheik and Diddy do but I think with them nerfed possibly that he can rise above them. He also has some really versatile customs.

I think Rosa and Sonic have potential for nerfs too. :p

Some great Fox matches from Larry Lurr/DEHF who got 1st place here at Kawaii-Kon Hawaii. One of them is against Jtails (Diddy Kong), another match with Ninjalink (MegaMan), the last with Lethal Trilogy (Diddy Kong), our best player here in Hawaii.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmyjPS0BIKI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXxJBpWhgVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b71F5-2pNQ

Man I wish I could play like that Fox...although I guess that my preference for a (2 or 3)33x loadout kinda prevents that anyways.

I think Ike's counter should fire a fast traveling projectile, it's only fair. His counter atm is poop tier.
His stun counter is great.

360 degree control on Din's Fire.
No recover frames on Phantom.

Pikachu was underrated in Japan for Brawl too, I think it's just something about the character lol

Boney

Banned
Ike's counter has a lot more active frames and sometimes people will hit you regardless. It's bad but it's hilarious when that happens.
And I still think it's a good option, you can use It on aerial follow ups and to protect your landing, and at the very least, you won't have someone being smash happy on landings just on mind games.

Anybody know how long it takes to start?

Top Bottom