• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Ike's counter has a lot more active frames and sometimes people will hit you regardless. It's bad but it's hilarious when that happens.
And I still think it's a good option, you can use It on aerial follow ups and to protect your landing, and at the very least, you won't have someone being smash happy on landings just on mind games.

Anybody know how long it takes to start?

I can't find frame data on the counters aside from their actual strike frame data. Does anyone know how to check for this?

Vylash

GGs Puruzi. I think I avenged Vylash well enough.

And holy shit time sure did fly.

0nSwPTp.gif

thx bro

I did my last season 2 bracket match today. GGs Adder. I feel like when I don't know a matchup I'll switch from Sheik to Zelda. I don't have killing power with Sheik also Zelda can slow down a game so I can get better a matchup.

TWILT

Banned
How do you counter that?

Well, the startup and endlag are the same as the regular Inhale, so you can still react and punish it regular, at least that's where I got punished the most from. I mostly just play Kirby on the side for fun, but Jumping Inhale turns Kirby's regular Inhale into an amazing command grab, but I think you can still hit him out of it with a long range move?

EDIT: It's so hard to kill Tipster's Megaman even with two characters x_x

Masked Man

I said wow
Finally got one of my tournament matches recorded, unfortunately it was against one of the city's top players. But regardless, here it is if anyone wants to watch it and give me some advice. I'm the Palutena player.
https://youtu.be/Vfluhn19UzU?t=2m30s

Nice job! Honestly, I'm not sure whether Super Speed or Reflect is more useful against R.O.B., but I'm tempted to say the latter. One piece of advice is to always snag his gyro whenever possible. He's going to use it to maintain stage control, so your best bet is to turn the tables and grab it for yourself. Not only can you use it to apply considerable projectile pressure, but you can also hold onto it and prevent him from summoning another one. (Granted, that limits your approach options to Auto-Reticle, but yeah.)

TWILT

Banned
Well I had my doubles fill for tonight. GGs everyone! Really fun matches. Hope I was a good enough partner, Cyberman lol

Good games guys! Most of those were really intense! I was getting destroyed on my secondaries today, especially Donkey Kong..!

Thanks for playing! 2v2s are always a good time!

GGs, everybody! Some crazy stuff, haha. I feel weird playing Sonic in doubles 'cause I think I'll always hit my teammate.

Well I had my doubles fill for tonight. GGs everyone! Really fun matches. Hope I was a good enough partner, Cyberman lol
We made it work. :p

FSLink

Banned
I sure wish Nintendo would throw in a couple new stages with each character. Then I would feel more justified paying for them.

$4/$5 isn't cheap enough? It's priced pretty appropriately in comparison to competition.

I would love to pay around $8-10 for a character + stage though.

Cronox

Banned
Since I'm attempting to learn Diddy while being stuck in customs-free FG, it's such a different experience compared to Bowser. With Bowser I'm quicker than the character, with Diddy the character is faster than me. Each annoying in its own way. There's all sorts of moments where I miss things or don't haah my hoohs because I'm just not reacting fast enough, or don't have enough experience I suppose. Somehow I'm just slow enough that everyone gets their air dodge out before I get my uairs. Bowser is the trusty F150, Diddy is a slippery Ferrari.

Also, I'm not even kidding, my first 4 consecutive opponents on FG tonight either started as Toon Link or counterpicked Toon Link after our first match. Really don't get it, though I suppose I did go Bowser when I got sick of their shit so it got me off Diddy for a moment I guess.

Quote for Ranbat Season 3 Signup:

I sure wish Nintendo would throw in a couple new stages with each character. Then I would feel more justified paying for them.
Your expectations are unrealistic.

Well, the startup and endlag are the same as the regular Inhale, so you can still react and punish it regular, at least that's where I got punished the most from. I mostly just play Kirby on the side for fun, but Jumping Inhale turns Kirby's regular Inhale into an amazing command grab, but I think you can still hit him out of it with a long range move?

EDIT: It's so hard to kill Tipster's Megaman even with two characters x_x
Protip: have one player steal Metal Blade and run away while the other fights Megaman. Works every time.

Sharing for our resident bowser mains and I don't think we have a Kirby main here?

Izaw (Kirby) vs Ixis (Bowser)
http://youtu.be/DWYdraBGfy4

Also sharing this Dedede guide which I thought was great (it's 5 parts)
http://youtu.be/EnqJZdIjGsk
Thank you for sharing. Man, that Bowser is impatient. It feels like he is trying to play too aggressive, especially when he gives up position and rolls away from rolls instead of just punishing them. Charging random Usmash a lot like Kirby will just fall on it. The Kirby player should work on getting out of Bowser's tick throws, because they aren't guaranteed. Bowser had very little ledge guard game, and didn't use Fire Breath much for some reason.

I don't think this is a bad matchup for Bowser at all. I think that Ixis missed a lot of opportunities and overextended himself often.

Top Bottom