• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Qblivion

I just tried amiibo fighters for the first time tonight. Once they hit level 50 to they keep earning items and does their AI keep learning?

Cronox

Banned
I just tried amiibo fighters for the first time tonight. Once they hit level 50 to they keep earning items and does their AI keep learning?

Items yes. From what I've read their behavior can still be changed at 50 but only minimally. It's not so much that they learn, they imitate. What they deal with in their opponents becomes their behavior. Like if you were training a captain falcon amiibo and mirror matched using only falcon punch, your amiibo will be much more likely to use falcon punch than a level 9 cpu. Basically the frequency of which moves are used is increased or decreased based on what it's exposed to. It will still use other moves, it'll still jab even if it never fights an opponent that jabs. But it won't do it as often.

Edit: r/smashbros has some good info about amiibos. See here and here, among others.

On omega castle siege when we were both offstage on the right side, I couldn't see anything because the castle walls covers the entire screen stupidly.
Hmm, I don't think I've noticed.

Anyway, I surrender for now. I'll get you eventually and your little yellow turd!

TWILT

Banned
My ssstylish Kirby combo

I just made that up on the fly lol

WOW KEI getting revenge from that Ike footstool. ;_;

SoldnerKei

My ssstylish Kirby combo

I just made that up on the fly lol

it was cool thou xD

hop on the elevator charizard

mwahaha sorry, but not quite sorry xD

edit: I know that Xenoblade's stage & music gave you super powers
LOL I just hit my replay limit, can't save anymore unless I delete some... dah heck xD

SoldnerKei

that read yo

lot of random stuff happened in that match lol

edit: I was totally trying to break throu that counter, I know it's possible... right? :c

TWILT

Banned
GGs Kei! Bit of a laggy start at the beginning, but at least the connection got better. Fun games as usual. Lot of goofy stuff happened lol. I'd be careful about being too predictable against Shulk next time though. :p Though I was kinda surprised the counter still activated against ZAir lol

SoldnerKei

GGs Kei! Bit of a laggy start at the beginning, but at least the connection got better. Fun games as usual. Lot of goofy stuff happened lol. I'd be careful about being too predictable against Shulk next time though. :p

yeah, I got countered hard lol

as usual GGs TWILT, good that our connection got better, I'd be careful with footstools next time :'D mwhaha, again GGs dude, hopefully I'll be able to play in teams with you next time, gotta make "blond & pretty people" team someday, applies for Shulk or Link ditto team P:

and this happened in FG after I couldn't join your 2vs2 games:
FG diddy's logic - sideb, my greatest weapon... gotta love those strings/combos that couldn't be possible if people didn't screw up so badly lol

All righty, I think that's it for me. GGs! You're good at predicting where I'll go. Those customs make Bowser even scarier. It was side b and b that were customs? Maybe up b? Seemed faster or something.

Speaking of, did I miss something? Everyone seems to be into customs now in here.

Cronox

Banned
Good games dragonlife. I felt like a comeback king tonight, my second stock was usually worth a lot more than my first. I think the character I had the most trouble with was your Mario, I'd have liked to play him a bit more. His combos are pretty nasty, especially on battlefield where platforms help extend them. You play a lot of characters pretty well. I'm still figuring dash slash (Bowser's custom side b) out, there were many times when I spaced it pretty poorly...

I was surprised you didn't have Ganondorf's customs unlocked - you should look into the Ganondorf target blast farming method. Even without a turbo controller, if you're targetting one character's customs it won't take you long at all to unlock the couple good ones for him.

Oh also, you seem to really prefer omega stages, I just want to encourage you to play on some of the other typical legal stages. Platforms are important.

All righty, I think that's it for me. GGs! You're good at predicting where I'll go. Those customs make Bowser even scarier. It was side b and b that were customs? Maybe up b? Seemed faster or something.

Speaking of, did I miss something? Everyone seems to be into customs now in here.

Ha yeah I caught you with some good bairs as you jumped from the ledge, just a complete prediction on my part actually. I'm always happy when it works though... I was just using Bowser's side b custom. I used fireball for 1 match when I expected you to take Ganondorf again, but quickly went back to just dash slash when I saw you'd switched characters.

Yeah everyone's using customs now. Even smaller regional tournaments are using them now with the precedent set by EVO. And everyone on GAF is using them now too. EVO will decide what people really think of customs in Smash 4 later this year. But for now this is the new standard.

I'll look into some farming methods for customs. I actually don't have any unlocked--at least, not for characters I play.

I don't prefer omega stages, really; I pick stages based on music. And since all the stages whose music I love are not conducive to good 1v1s by default, omega is the way to go for most of them.

I actually think smashville has pretty uninteresting music to fight to for the most part, so I never pick them.

Cronox

Banned
I'll look into some farming methods for customs. I actually don't have any unlocked--at least, not for characters I play.

I don't prefer omega stages, really; I pick stages based on music. And since all the stages whose music I love are not conducive to good 1v1s by default, omega is the way to go for most of them.

I actually think smashville has pretty uninteresting music to fight to for the most part, so I never pick them.

Can't say the music on any stage bothers me, but that's because I have music turned off... In the end it all sounds like the same music I've been hearing from Melee and Brawl (a good amount of it literally ripped from those games) and I'm sick of hearing it in general. Especially the music in the menus. If I could only turn the menu music off I would. Yeah, it's too bad the Animal Crossing stages have annoying music, considering Smashville is practically the default competitive stage in this game.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Sixfortyfive

In the long run wouldn't it have been simpler to just have a 3DS with all customs unlocked or was that not an option?
We do that too, but it's convenient to have everything unlocked on at least some of the consoles so that I don't have to spend more time constantly repopulating the presets myself.

DooD1234

yeah, I got countered hard lol

as usual GGs TWILT, good that our connection got better, I'd be careful with footstools next time :'D mwhaha, again GGs dude, hopefully I'll be able to play in teams with you next time, gotta make "blond & pretty people" team someday, applies for Shulk or Link ditto team P:

and this happened in FG after I couldn't join your 2vs2 games:
FG diddy's logic - sideb, my greatest weapon... gotta love those strings/combos that couldn't be possible if people didn't screw up so badly lol
Lol, that was cools how did you record your video so clean like that? Best I could do is record it using my Ipad but the video is not clear.

You know what would be sweet? To have all of my Mewtwo taunts come from quotes he has in the Pokemon movies. I can only find one good for taunting, though:
"Behold my powers!"

It would be great for the one where he charges up.

I could make alterations to the other quotes to make them fit in, though...

FlowWayfarer

Neo Member
Farming customs:
http://smashboards.com/threads/completely-automatic-way-to-farm-customs.392848/

With a turbo controller, it's pretty easy to unlock everything within a week. 4 days is possible if you do the tail end of it manually.

I had Turbodorf punch his way through 3 different setups for a week for our locals:
https://scontent-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/h...022_769349606495375_8888078794258047780_o.jpg

Shout-outs to 7-day return policies at Gamestop.

I didn't realize GS has a 7-day no questions asked return policy. Wish I would have done that instead of farming. Set it and forget it!

Anyway, another option if you don't have a Turbo controller is to farm them through Crazy Orders. I unlocked all of the Customs for the characters I played the most in about 3 hours of playtime once it got rolling, and have a good deal of the rest of the cast's moves in the process.
It takes a bit of set-up, but once you have the right equipment (Vampire Badge, HR Bat Equip, Quick Batter), it's fairly easy to go 20-30 rounds in Crazy Orders. At 20+ rounds, the amount of customs and equipment you get for winning each round is just silly, and one battle for gold after 15 rounds is enough for a free play on CO (5000g), so it's quite self sustaining if you don't have a ton of passes or gold. Even if you don't defeat Crazy, you only lose about 20% of what you won, so whatever. I can post more on it if anyone is interested, but this is by far the easiest way I've found to do it (without a turbo controller of course).

SoldnerKei

Lol, that was cools how did you record your video so clean like that? Best I could do is record it using my Ipad but the video is not clear.

I use a capture device, elgato HD, the only side down it's that it only records at 30fps, but I can deal with that xD

You know what would be sweet? To have all of my Mewtwo taunts come from quotes he has in the Pokemon movies. I can only find one good for taunting, though:
"Behold my powers!"

It would be great for the one where he charges up.

I could make alterations to the other quotes to make them fit in, though...

I'll laugh if they use one of his taunts from Project Melee lol

I assume that the last pose on his presentation video is one of his taunts, his melee taunt needs to comeback, it was hilarious

Puruzi

Banned
There's nothing better than a good Falcón punch huh.

Also, what has more knock back? Dk's neutral b or charged fsmash?
Neutral B charged to a little before max. He does more knockback and less damage at the last arm swing before fully charged.

re: unlocking stages

For unlocking Pac-Land, I have to play all the maps in Smash Tour. Is there any shortcut for this or do I have to waste hours going through games on all three maps to completion?

For unlocking Duck Hunt, what is "solo cruel smash?"

Beats

For unlocking Pac-Land, I have to play all the maps in Smash Tour. Is there any shortcut for this or do I have to waste hours going through games on all three maps to completion?

For smash tour if you don't want to play it you can just initiate it and leave it alone. The mode will basically play itself and the only times you need to be there are when there's a target blast or homerun contest event.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
anyone got any cool ideas for villager taunts? I now use random kappn' quotes

Boney

Banned

It doesn't take hours. Probably a little over 40 minutes to do all 3 smash tours. And you can leave them idle if you want. It's a trash stage though.

For duck hunt, go to solo and go to stadium. There's the múlti man mode ir. Whatever is called where you fight a bunch of mii's. There's cruel smash.

Pro tip, use Ike and aether to spike someone off the ledge.

For smash tour if you don't want to play it you can just initiate it and leave it alone. The mode will basically play itself and the only times you need to be there are when there's a target blast or homerun contest event.

Huh, that's pretty nice, I'll do that when I'm working haha.

I might be up for some 1 on 1 here in about 15 minutes. Anyone wanna go at it? NNID is H3XAntiStyle.

CodeNfX

Farming customs:
http://smashboards.com/threads/completely-automatic-way-to-farm-customs.392848/

With a turbo controller, it's pretty easy to unlock everything within a week. 4 days is possible if you do the tail end of it manually.

I had Turbodorf punch his way through 3 different setups for a week for our locals:
https://scontent-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/h...022_769349606495375_8888078794258047780_o.jpg

Shout-outs to 7-day return policies at Gamestop.

Thanks for this method. Just purchased a turbo controller from Amazon, needed more controllers anyways. I have been grinding classic mode/trophy rush everyday for 1-2 hours and its getting repetitive. Been waiting until I unlock all customs before I try online, this will definitely speed it up as my time is limited.

It doesn't take hours. Probably a little over 40 minutes to do all 3 smash tours. And you can leave them idle if you want. It's a trash stage though.

For duck hunt, go to solo and go to stadium. There's the múlti man mode ir. Whatever is called where you fight a bunch of mii's. There's cruel smash.

Pro tip, use Ike and aether to spike someone off the ledge.

Thanks!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I had no problem unlocking all the customs. The ol' Training Mode with character then to Trophy Rush worked wonders for the few I needed in the end. But that last hat.. 20 hours+ since I saw my second to last hat.. waiting to find Wario's Cap eventually.. hopefully.. maybe. I wish they would reward you with hats for playing online, or even just Smash mode, so I didn't have to continue to grind Crazy and other modes.

Azure J

Made a highlights video of some of my early For Glory escpades

Not super impressive stuff but should be mildly entertaining. I'm aware of the audio issues but I wanted the video done since it was sitting on my hard drive for awhile. Thought I'd share it anyway.

What video editing software do you use for these? I'm about to invest in a capture card to snag some of the replays I have stored up on my console soon.

Edit: Come to think of it Rev, how come we haven't played yet? I saw you a lot in Mario Kart but haven't gotten rounds in with you in Smash.

Just hooked up the Ganon punch train for the Customs. Hopefully my A button doesn't slip off or some shit. Also holy hell the Gamestop controller is AWFUL.

Sixfortyfive

Also holy hell the Gamestop controller is AWFUL.

Between the three that I briefly had, the build quality seemed to be remarkably inconsistent, and I'm certain that none of them would hold up through extended use. Which is par for the course for PDP.

Make sure you start the session with Palutena and then switch over to Ganon if you want customs distribution to be random. Starting with any other character will tilt the odds in favor of that character.

Top Bottom