• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Finalow

ok, I'm finally starting this game.

I need to get decent first but how does it work with online gaf rooms or tournaments even? Is there a specific thread? At what time do you people usually host/play? Also what are the most played game modes?

IMPORTANT RANBAT INFORMATION

The following players will be removed from the ranbats and banned from further participation if they do not make up their matches from last week during the grace period. If they do not even bother to contact me or make an attempt to schedule matches in this thread, I may just ban them by Friday for expediency:
Bracket(Sundull)
daripad(daripad)
egruntz(egruntz)
euphemism(Triforceofwisdom)
Fury Sense(raymondgh)
Hyperhip(iNFAMESS)
jorgejjvr(jorgejjvr)
Malajax(Malajax)
Phaonaut(phaonaut)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)
SquirrelNuckle(SquirrelNuckle)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)
Timeaisis(Timeaisis)
BumblebeeCody(64BitHero)

I am looking down each individual column for completion. If you played a match, be sure to record the result for you and your opponent.

Match 2 of each bracket is due by Sunday.

Malajax

IMPORTANT RANBAT INFORMATION

The following players will be removed from the ranbats and banned from further participation if they do not make up their matches from last week during the grace period. If they do not even bother to contact me or make an attempt to schedule matches in this thread, I may just ban them by Friday for expediency:
Bracket(Sundull)
daripad(daripad)
egruntz(egruntz)
euphemism(Triforceofwisdom)
Fury Sense(raymondgh)
Hyperhip(iNFAMESS)
jorgejjvr(jorgejjvr)
Malajax(Malajax)
Phaonaut(phaonaut)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)
SquirrelNuckle(SquirrelNuckle)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)
Timeaisis(Timeaisis)
BumblebeeCody(64BitHero)

I am looking down each individual column for completion. If you played a match, be sure to record the result for you and your opponent.

Match 2 of each bracket is due by Sunday.

As I said earlier today, whenever I am free to do a set, no one from my bracket is around or (like today) my connection was terrible. Definitely been trying, but I'll drop out formally on Saturday if I can't get my matches in. Would like to participate in later seasons, so please don't ban me

Is anyone able to play from bracket 3?

MagiusNecros(MagiusNecros)
Malajax(Malajax)
Masked Man(kamennootoko)
Mistouze(Mistouze)
Monster Zero(KingGhidra)
MrSaturn99(Alagunder)
Phaonaut(phaonaut)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)

ok, I'm finally starting this game.

I need to get decent first but how does it work with online gaf rooms or tournaments even? Is there a specific thread? At what time do you people usually host/play? Also what are the most played game modes?

Keep checking this thread to see if anyone wants to vs and just join in. The most played game mode is 1vs1 'for glory' settings, aka no items and omega stages. It will better organised once the update arrives and gaf can set up an official tournament.

Keep checking this thread to see if anyone wants to vs and just join in. The most played game mode is 1vs1 'for glory' settings, aka no items and omega stages. It will better organised once the update arrives and gaf can set up an official tournament.

That's not really true, most people here prefer stages like battefield, Wuhu island, animal crossing stages etc. Omega stages only get repetitive very fast and don't have any platforms.

That's not really true, most people here prefer stages like battefield, Wuhu island, animal crossing stages etc. Omega stages only get repetitive very fast and don't have any platforms.

Oh, from my experience I should add, especially on the 3DS version. 99% of my time with gaf have been omega stages, a shame really.

Puruzi

Banned
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co1_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co2_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co4_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co3_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co5_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co8_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co6_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co10_r2_500.jpg
tumblr_nhbmqjBH961r5a98co9_500.jpg
I've played both games so much and never noticed this. Pretty neat.

I've played both games so much and never noticed this. Pretty neat.

That's awesome. :D Too bad I'm shit with charge characters who aren't Sabrewulf, Parasoul seems like a lot of fun. Maybe I just need to invest some time with her...

Hey so who wants to 1v1 me? I'm also good with 2v2 if you want! NNID: CRQ-L-07

styl3s

Picked it up today so i look forward to getting rekt by the entire GAF community. Also, is $80 the cheapest i can get a gamecube adapter + controller? Gamestop has this adapter + 2 controllers for $80 and i my lord i just want that $20 adapter.

SalvaPot

Picked it up today so i look forward to getting rekt by the entire GAF community. Also, is $80 the cheapest i can get a gamecube adapter + controller? Gamestop has this adapter + 2 controllers for $80 and i my lord i just want that $20 adapter.

That is the cheapest, take it.

Yep, the Gamecube controller adapter is going through a bit of a shortage, so expect price hiking up the ass. The best deal right now is either to place a warehouse order with Best Buy or get that controller bundle. :/

styl3s

Yep, the Gamecube controller adapter is going through a bit of a shortage, so expect price hiking up the ass. The best deal right now is either to place a warehouse order with Best Buy or get that controller bundle. :/
What's this warehouse order? Also, are the reproduction controllers even worth it? I have like 3 original and 2 wavebirds.

What's this warehouse order? Also, are the reproduction controllers even worth it? I have like 3 original and 2 wavebirds.

I don't know the specifics of it, so google it or maybe there's a thread on it. Also, if you're referring to the Smash edition controllers they are exactly like the originals in quality and I love them. If you already have controllers that work though, I don't think spending money on these is necessary.

Also wtf you reflected my gyroid odin

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So, has any progress been made in datamining the Wii U version of Smash Bros? Just curious.

Only thing that happened was those music tracks for the Miiverse stage. And I don't think that was an actual datamine. Just ripping music files off the disc and encoding them in a listenable format.

Odinson

I don't know the specifics of it, so google it or maybe there's a thread on it. Also, if you're referring to the Smash edition controllers they are exactly like the originals in quality and I love them. If you already have controllers that work though, I don't think spending money on these is necessary.

Also wtf you reflected my gyroid

lol.. Yea that was pretty funny

Jobbs

Banned
how come there's still no playable toad?

he's one of the main mario characters from the very beginning. he's playable in mario 3d world and now has his own title. I don't get it.

Top Bottom