• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GGs Nabster. Intense matches. With Ness, I feel like I have to play near perfect to beat that Rosalina. Did you notice I started to figure out a strategy as the games went?

Anyways ggs. Definitely one of the best players on here.

GG's shamrock. Sorry bout the last few games, was kinda distracted trying to talk to my mom on the phone at the same time

No problem. I was eating and typing a paper up while petting my dog, walking on a treadmill, and playing too. No biggie.

As I said earlier today, whenever I am free to do a set, no one from my bracket is around or (like today) my connection was terrible. Definitely been trying, but I'll drop out formally on Saturday if I can't get my matches in. Would like to participate in later seasons, so please don't ban me
Two and a half weeks is more than enough time to make it happen. I don't plan on making exceptions.

That's awesome. :D Too bad I'm shit with charge characters who aren't Sabrewulf, Parasoul seems like a lot of fun. Maybe I just need to invest some time with her...

Hey so who wants to 1v1 me? I'm also good with 2v2 if you want! NNID: CRQ-L-07
Parasoul is barely a charge character. It feels like you hold the input for half a second.

Man, I think I'm probably the worst player on For Glory 1v1. I seriously haven't played anyone that I'm better than. I'm going to keep playing, but man I didn't think I was this bad at Smash lol. I've always did really good against my friends and stuff, but finally playing it online against people who know what they're doing is crazy. I'm not ready at all.

Don't recall seeing this posted here before, so...

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W012.html

Apparently Mayflash is making their own Gamecube Controller adapter that's compatible with the Wii U and PC. It sounds interesting, and could be a cost-effective alternative to what's currently being offered. I have one of Mayflash's PC controller adapters and it hasn't failed me yet for Smash Netplay, so there's that. I don't know if this needs its own thread or not, so I figured I'd post it here.

EDIT: Seems it'll be released in March, so people will still have to hold out another two months. Circumstances might change by then or they might now, but hey options.

EDIT 2: Disregard my previous statement, that was referring to another product. This adapter might come out sooner than expected. :)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
As I said earlier today, whenever I am free to do a set, no one from my bracket is around or (like today) my connection was terrible. Definitely been trying, but I'll drop out formally on Saturday if I can't get my matches in. Would like to participate in later seasons, so please don't ban me

When are you on tomorrow? Maybe I'll play you after 8pm EST.

Finalow

I did some training and tried some characters, then went to smash mode vs CPU and pretty much lost all of the games, lol.

I was doing damage but couldn't get any KOs (honestly not sure what level of difficulty that was but it seemed pretty low), guess I'll watch some of those Smash Academy videos.

I also still have no idea who to use as my main, can't choose. :<

OK so I've played 34 one on one games online and have won four. Not sure I've ever felt worse after a gaming session to be honest.

I've been reading guides on smash boards, watching youtube videos of competitive players, practicing etc but I still can barely get a kill let alone a win. It's incredibly frustrating. Either I'm unbelievably horrible or everyone in one vs one is really skilled.

My main is Toon Link and my nnid is my username. I'll be down for 1v1 but don't have much time now...
One thing I've noticed playing, is that people that are better than me tend to stay in and will easily play me in 10-20 matches.

Players that I can beat, especially quickly, tend to quit after 1 or 2 losses.

There's no ranking system, so the online matchmaking isn't very good.
how come there's still no playable toad?

he's one of the main mario characters from the very beginning. he's playable in mario 3d world and now has his own title. I don't get it.
When Sakurai was asked about this around launch he said that Toad to short to make the physics work.

egruntz

shelaughz
IMPORTANT RANBAT INFORMATION

The following players will be removed from the ranbats and banned from further participation if they do not make up their matches from last week during the grace period. If they do not even bother to contact me or make an attempt to schedule matches in this thread, I may just ban them by Friday for expediency:
Bracket(Sundull)
daripad(daripad)
egruntz(egruntz)
euphemism(Triforceofwisdom)
Fury Sense(raymondgh)
Hyperhip(iNFAMESS)
jorgejjvr(jorgejjvr)
Malajax(Malajax)
Phaonaut(phaonaut)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)
SquirrelNuckle(SquirrelNuckle)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)
Timeaisis(Timeaisis)
BumblebeeCody(64BitHero)

I am looking down each individual column for completion. If you played a match, be sure to record the result for you and your opponent.

Match 2 of each bracket is due by Sunday.

Might be a good idea not to be so strict on these when it's been holiday season for the past few weeks. I certainly haven't had shit all time for gaming.

Might be a good idea not to be so strict on these when it's been holiday season for the past few weeks. I certainly haven't had shit all time for gaming.

I agree somewhat, I can understand removal but a banning seems a bit harsh for the first season. Perhaps once things are properly set in stone we can discuss the topic of bans, but I'd rather people just sit out a season than be forbidden from SmashGAF RanBats. '~'

That is, we need to ensure people understand that they need to use the week to battle their opponent to arrange a time and play so things like being unable to find an opponent while online won't be as much of an issue. It's not going to fully prevent these things for sure, but it's a good measure in my opinion.

I faced against my friend's sonic, and I'm having trouble punishing his homing attacks. Can anyone give me tips on how to punish his homing attacks? I main Peach, my secondary might be Wii-fit trainer.

A thought just occurred to me, what potential DLC stages would you guys want to see?

Melee Fountain of Dreams and a Bowser Castle stage please.

EDIT: Also make the first two suggestions for Wii U and give the 3DS version something related to Nintendo's eShop titles like Pushmo or Dillon, etc.

Top Bottom