• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

So I loved Melee but thought Brawl was kind of bland and tedious. Never got into it.

How does this one compare?
Depends. What did you like about Melee? What part of Brawl turned you off? In the end, this Smash game is its own experience and at the very least, there's less tedium with the lame story mode being absent. But if you're not into multiplayer whether online or off, I'd consider thinking long and hard about this one.

Doing QFR with Peach is hard. Combining dash dancing with instant float. How can you flick from left to right really fast while pressing X/Y + down direction? I will keep trying till I get it down.

TWILT

Banned
...Huh, pretty sure Smash Balls are off on my end..

Edit: Ah :p

Edit 2:...I know that was a tipper'd fully charged Shield Breaker near the edge, but goddamn that killed so early.

Geg

So I loved Melee but thought Brawl was kind of bland and tedious. Never got into it.

How does this one compare?

General consensus is that it's in a happy medium between the two; not as fast and hectic as Melee but tighter and not as floaty as Brawl. Whether it's close enough to the one you liked or still too close to the one you disliked comes down to personal preference

TWILT

Banned
Good games TWILT! your Pikachu is relentless lol. You got so many off stage kills too against my Marth. > . <

Good games! Fun matches fighting your Marth. Getting hit by a tipper hurts a lot lol. Hope me switching characters a lot didn't throw you off since I noticed you mostly stuck with him the whole session.

Think I'll practice more with Robin later; been meaning to try and get back into using her.

Beats

Good games! Fun matches fighting your Marth. Getting hit by a tipper hurts a lot lol. Hope me switching characters a lot didn't throw you off since I noticed you mostly stuck with him the whole session.

Think I'll practice more with Robin later; been meaning to try and get back into using her.

ya, I just picked him up recently, so it's fine if you switched it up since I need the matchup experience. Yeah, the tippers hurt. I think I KO'd your Pikachu at 60% one time lol. > . <

Bracket 3 anyone?

MagiusNecros(MagiusNecros)
Malajax(Malajax)
Masked Man(kamennootoko)
Mistouze(Mistouze)
Monster Zero(KingGhidra)
MrSaturn99(Alagunder)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)

If not, anyone else want to 1v1?

Top Bottom