• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Tesseract

Banned
Everyone should be working on Ranbat Match 3 this week.

unforeseen school shenanigans is preventing me from making these ranbats happen, i'm gonna have to duck out (if i haven't already been booted). free spot to anyone who wants it, apologies.

*edit*

Is there some reason you can't finish out the season? These kinds of requests are really not respectable.

sorry dude, i gotta dance too. life is getting in the way, both medical and professional. i'm bouncing in and out of unis all over florida. i agree it ain't respectable.

i hope this doesn't blacklist me from future seasons, although i understand why it would.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Am I missing something or are custom moves stupid hard to unlock? I average like one move per run of Classic, which means I'm looking at a ridiculous number of playthroughs to unlock them all

Am I missing something or are custom moves stupid hard to unlock? I average like one move per run of Classic, which means I'm looking at a ridiculous number of playthroughs to unlock them all
Play classic, go for all the wrenches, hope items don't wreck your shit, repeat.

Either that or you play Trophy Rush a million times. I wish Wii U had Smash Run, that was easy to farm for customs. :)

Beats

I don't think you're missing anything. There are multiple ways to obtain them, but it's basically a horrible grind any way. : <

You can also get duplicates.

unforeseen school shenanigans is preventing me from making these ranbats happen, i'm gonna have to duck out (if i haven't already been booted). free spot to anyone who wants it, apologies.

*edit*

sorry dude, i gotta dance too. life is getting in the way, both medical and professional. i'm bouncing in and out of unis all over florida. i agree it ain't respectable.

i hope this doesn't blacklist me from future seasons, although i understand why it would.
Removed and banned from future participation.

Finalow

I'm starting to get the same trophies I already have with DK in trophy rush, I assume that I'm supposed to use other characters to get new trophies? RIP safe DK strat.

Salex_

Is there some reason you can't finish out the season? These kinds of requests are really not respectable.

There's nothing stopping me from finishing up the matches, so I can stay in if you want. I'd prefer to join again when I put in more time with the game. I thought I was going to play the game more, but GG Xrd/HearthStone is taking up all my gaming time now.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I don't think you're missing anything. There are multiple ways to obtain them, but it's basically a horrible grind any way. : <

Honesty? Fuck that. Even if I could manage two per Classic run I'm not going to play it sixty plus times

There's nothing stopping me from finishing up the matches, so I can stay in if you want. I'd prefer to join again when I put in more time with the game. I thought I was going to play the game more, but GG Xrd/HearthStone is taking up all my gaming time now.
It's up to you, but leaving results in a ban from future participation. It's not worth my time to have people join, drop out, and then join later when they will probably drop out again. If people can't keep their commitment the first time they sign up, I have no reason to think they will the next time.

You run a tight ship, Kars-sama. I shudder to think what'll happen when you become the ultimate lifeform... :p

References to not-so-obscure media aside, anyone wanna pass the time with a session of matches? I will say that i might have to leave abruptly though, so yeah. NNID: CRQ-L-07

Beats

Honesty? Fuck that. Even if I could manage two per Classic run I'm not going to play it sixty plus times

It also doesn't help that Equipment is lumped together with Custom Specials too, so it's not guaranteed that you will get a move when you get a custom part. I think Sakurai went overboard with the collecting stuff this time around...

You run a tight ship, Kars-sama. I shudder to think what'll happen when you become the ultimate lifeform... :p

References to not-so-obscure media aside, anyone wanna pass the time with a session of matches? I will say that i might have to leave abruptly though, so yeah. NNID: CRQ-L-07

I'll play. NNID: JpBeats

I'm a teacher, so I'm used to kids telling me they didn't do their homework. ;P

JoeInky

Game 1 - Jigglypuff vs. Pikachu on Smashville - 2-0 to TWILT
Game 2 - Ganondorf vs. Pikachu on Smashville - 2-0 to TWILT
Game 3 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Town and City - 1-0 to Me
Game 4 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Battlefield - 1-0 to Me
Game 5 - Ness v. Pikachu on Halberd - 1-0 to TWILT
Game 6 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Town and City - 2-0 to TWILT
Game 7 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Town and City - 1-0 to TWILT

GGs, although I hate this stage picking system, 7 games and my stage only got picked once. I think I'm back to not bothering using Ganondorf and Jigglypuff anymore, Ganon is trash and I'm just not good enough with jiggs.

Game 1 - Jigglypuff vs. Pikachu on Smashville - 2-0 to TWILT
Game 2 - Ganondorf vs. Pikachu on Smashville - 2-0 to TWILT
Game 3 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Town and City - 1-0 to Me
Game 4 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Battlefield - 1-0 to Me
Game 5 - Ness v. Pikachu on Halberd - 1-0 to TWILT
Game 6 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Town and City - 2-0 to TWILT
Game 7 - Ness vs. Pikachu on Town and City - 1-0 to TWILT

GGs, although I hate this stage picking system, 7 games and my stage only got picked once. I think I'm back to not bothering using Ganondorf and Jigglypuff anymore, Ganon is trash and I'm just not good enough with jiggs.
The stage picking system isn't ideal, but the ranbats are rather informal to have a selection procedure that would require everyone coming in here and discussing the picks every single round.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It's way easier to farm for those moves in All Stars Hard Mode. You don't have to worry about losing those moves if you lost.

Also I found it rather easy to grinding to get those custom moves by doing Crazy Mode, All Stars Hard Mode and Trophy Rush.

I'm surprised that by time I'm done with most of challenges, I only had to grind for last 21 moves myself.

Ricky 7

You get like 3 new custom moves for random characters if you do Smash Tour on 25 turns, you also get a few crazy order passes and some money but too bad Smash Tour is boring.

You get like 3 new custom moves for random characters if you do Smash Tour on 25 turns, you also get a few crazy order passes and some money but too bad Smash Tour is boring.
I left it running AFK, and I have gotten the full custom movesets for more than half the cast.

I left it running AFK, and I have gotten the full custom movesets for more than half the cast.
Hey Karsticles, after all the talk about customs, what do you think about allowing custom moves for next season's ranbats? I think it'd be interesting, and 2+ months is enough time for people to unlock the custom moves for their mains at minimum. What do you say?
Good games! Still trying to get used to him. Not really happy with how I played there lol. > . <
Heh, Marth has always been tricky with his demanding spacing. Just keep at it, I could already see the potential!

Hey Karsticles, after all the talk about customs, what do you think about allowing custom moves for next season's ranbats? I think it'd be interesting, and 2+ months is enough time for people to unlock the custom moves for their mains at minimum. What do you say?

Heh, Marth has always been tricky with his demanding spacing. Just keep at it, I could already see the potential!
Next season, I could add a voting option for custom moves. If a considerable majority (3/4?) says "yes", I could add them in. It's something I'm happy to leave to the players. I don't think it's the kind of thing I should dictate.

;-) It takes about 30 minutes to finish.

The ONLY time you need to pick up the controller is when a batting/bombing contest occurs.

Changed my mind, I'm too tired for any more of this game right now.

GGs, connection was much better this time.

Also that fucking Mii, I keep on forgetting how dumb they look due to having no interaction with them in any other part of the game but then there they are again.

Okay, sorry for the late reply. I don't think I have you added, but if your NNID is the same as your GAF name I'll add you for a future match!

Top Bottom