• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Eh? Sound like that you are not thrilled to be challenged by me. :p I haven't fought any DDD and Bowser Main yet. I'm looking forward to see your characters someday.

Problem with my mains is that they really need a lot of works so I need to sharp up my skills soon. I have been focusing on challenges for long time so I have been neglected my skills. I have two more challenges to tackle.

Earlier you acted like you just do random select a lot. It's more a observation you don't have any sort of concrete specialization with anyone.

But yeah I don't see many Bowser's around. Karsticles is the only other guy I know here that plays Bowser.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Earlier you acted like you just do random select a lot. It's more a observation you don't have any sort of concrete specialization with anyone.

But yeah I don't see many Bowser's around. Karsticles is the only other guy I know here that plays Bowser.

Well, I hate to break a new to you that your observation is pretty wrong.

I don't use my main characters against bad players. When I noticed that I actually two stocked people on Glory. Naturally I decided to random (or pick favorite characters that are not even my main) to be fair with other players so I can help them to learn how to fight instead of demoralizing them. Unfortunately, some people just took it for granted and being douche about it if I lost few battles. Also I used random for people who want Free for all battles but it's pretty rare for me to accept those kind of battles as well.

I already decided with my main ever since Smash 3DS. I just need to work more on them and become better with them.

Face me and you will see if I'm good or not.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Well I'll have to see the next time I'm off work. I don't find my observation wrong though. You haven't clarified the characters you use the most. All I know is you play random characters.

I find my losses worth more then any wins I get. Gets me to learn why I lost. Because if you win all the time you aren't learning much.

FG is a toss up honestly. You have skilled and unskilled players and since the game lacks any sort of system to separate the 2 it's all based on what the matchup service pairs you with. And the Omega only stages hurts some characters. Especially mine since I don't have a reliable projectile.

---------------------

And unless you are a Hip Hop Perfect Pivoting Captain Falcon I probably won't be demoralized. Those people disorient me into confusion.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well I'll have to see the next time I'm off work. I don't find my observation wrong though. You haven't clarified the characters you use the most. All I know is you play random characters.

I find my losses worth more then any wins I get. Gets me to learn why I lost. Because if you win all the time you aren't learning much.

FG is a toss up honestly. You have skilled and unskilled players and since the game lacks any sort of system to separate the 2 it's all based on what the matchup service pairs you with. And the Omega only stages hurts some characters. Especially mine since I don't have a reliable projectile.

Well, It was kinda obvious if you see my avatar. Yeah, I main Duck Hunt. I really enjoy his archetype but I really dislike how people turned him into spammy characters. He had more potential than that.

Yeah, I agreed with you about losses and wins. It's quite important to learn from your own mistakes. Also it's quite important to know your characters' flaws and trying to work on that.

Yeah, I dislike the fact that For Glory is all about Omega form when I wished that it would have few legal stages, such as BF, SV, DH, FD and few more. When no one is on, so I have no choice but had to deal with For Glory matches.

To be frank, there are some characters that would be good with flat platform but if you get used to it so much then you would have problems with dealing characters on different stages in the future. Basically, For Gory, it's hit and miss for me. At least, I met fantastic Yoshi today.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't main DH but the greatness about him is Frame Traps. But yeah spammers are prominent on FG. As Bowser I can generally just Bowser my way to them and punch their face.

If Custom moves were allowed I would be Dash Slashing all my projectile woes away. Except for Falco lasers. Can't clank those.

Malajax

Sorry direct_quote work ran late. Not home yet, but will be in about 30 min. I'll be up for another hour or two if you wanted to do Ranbats.

Well, I hate to break a new to you that your observation is pretty wrong.

I don't use my main characters against bad players. When I noticed that I actually two stocked people on Glory. Naturally I decided to random (or pick favorite characters that are not even my main) to be fair with other players so I can help them to learn how to fight instead of demoralizing them. Unfortunately, some people just took it for granted and being douche about it if I lost few battles. Also I used random for people who want Free for all battles but it's pretty rare for me to accept those kind of battles as well.

I already decided with my main ever since Smash 3DS. I just need to work more on them and become better with them.

Random Select doesn't help people learn. It prevents them from learning patterns in how you use your characters.

SoldnerKei

at last I beat your Megaman at least once xD you're hella good with him

I guess that's it for the ranbat 5-1 to your favor, wanna keep playing some friendlies?

SoldnerKei

Thanks, haha. Every match was a struggle, you've really improved man! Great games!

You're still up for some friendlies now?

EDIT: That's a yup. :)

of course, and yeah, I kind of learned a bit of your playstyle, I think I did better with Link, should have started with mah elf lol

ok those were a lot of SD xD
weird match, too much manliness I guess heh

Masked Man

I said wow
Pretty sure I'm late to the party, but have you guys discussed the supposed Mewtwo/Lucas leak yet?

Yeah, Etika posted a vid and the "leak" is decidedly fake. The supposed "leaker" released several other really poorly made shots that sealed the deal.

Richie

I haven't heard of it yet. Link please?

Sure, here ya go! A friend posted it on Facebook and I freaked out for a second.

From what I heard, it's fake as all get out like usual. :/ Something about Lucas being a copy-paste of Ness' portrait and such.

Yeah, Etika posted a vid and the "leak" is decidedly fake. The supposed "leaker" released several other really poorly made shots that sealed the deal.

Aw man. Assumed as much, yet I want my blonde boy to return something bad...Well, here's hoping!

Also, did that make me nostalgic for those rounds of speculation before the game's release. I'm not really much of an online player so that's why I have been absent in the thread. But I miss ya guys :)

Masked Man

I said wow
Aw man. Assumed as much, yet I want my blonde boy to return something bad...Well, here's hoping!

Also, did that make me nostalgic for those rounds of speculation before the game's release. I'm not really much of an online player so that's why I have been absent in the thread. But I miss ya guys :)

Believe me: as a Mother 3 enthusiast, I'm right there with you calling for our favorite blonde boy's return. :( Here's hoping the next Nintendo Direct brings some exciting news!

SoldnerKei

that was the last for me Tipster, seems like someone is using too much bandwith over here and getting all laggy, GGs and let's play again! :'D
gonna play you more with less casul characters next time xD

that was the last for me Tipster, seems like someone is using too much bandwith over here, GGs and let's play again! :'D

That's cool, definitely was feeling the lag a bit in that last one. Thanks for playing! Great games as always! Still a big fan of your Marth, and your Link/Zero Suit/Falcon are all fantastic too!

I'll catch you another time!

SoldnerKei

That's cool, definitely was feeling the lag a bit in that last one. Thanks for playing! Great games as always! Still a big fan of your Marth, and your Link/Zero Suit/Falcon are all fantastic too!

I'll catch you another time!

yo! right back at ya buddy, awesome games, your Megaman wicked just like last time, little blue bomber has some good grab game, had to spam more than you with Link to face him properly xD, I need to play him more with ZSS too

also I updated the ranbat document, remember to add your score too

Top Bottom