• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
How does stage selection work in this? At first, I thought it was loser selection, but now I'm beginning to think it's random?

Drop

Hello everyone, my gaf account has recently been approved so I decided to drop here and say hi to my fellow smash fans.
I'm not playing much these days because I have to study for university exams, but I still hope we can play some matches sometimes.

I main Robin, my secondaries are Palutena and Shulk.
I also play a lot of other characters just for fun, this game has too many awesome characters, I can't limit myself to just a couple :p

JCX

I wish training mode had a visual hitbox option, just so it's easier to figure out moves' range. Still sometimes get hit by the back of a charged Marth/Lucina forward smash.

Tom_Cody

Sorry man, my bad.

Ah yes, I did read up on him a little last night and found out about this. I wasn't aware his knockback would be affected though.

Ok cool. I was having to manually set Ω every time I went to level select!

Awesome. I'll check out one or two of these guys. I am enjoying Lucario so far, but I can definitely see how the aura could impact my learning curve. Your help here is invaluable, believe me!
No worries! Glad to help.

RomanceDawn

Died from you being on top of the platform? Lol

Lol, ok I have to go for a bit. ROB is such a hard match up for me. I got hit by every thing. Did you notice a button delay? I sware I wasn't even touch buttons when you let me go of those last 2 suicides.

Oh and yeah the games were I just stopped playing, my toddler is here and sometimes I have to just drop it.

Play you again, maybe today? Gotta help my daughter brush her teeth and make breakfast sorry!

jorgejjvr

Lol, ok I have to go for a bit. ROB is such a hard match up for me. I got hit by every thing. Did you notice a button delay? I sware I wasn't even touch buttons when you let me go of those last 2 suicides.

Oh and yeah the games were I just stopped playing, my toddler is here and sometimes I have to just drop it.

Play you again, maybe today? Gotta help my daughter brush her teeth and make breakfast sorry!
No problem! And sure would love to play against you again today! This was a perfect example of where your guys are a hard time for Mac, but I can defend myself wayyyyy better with Rob. However, I'm not too happy with that. As I don't feel good for not winning with Mac, that's what I get for putting a lot of effort into rob and left him sitting for a while xD. But yeah, when we play again I'll pick Mac again, I have to win against those heavies :p and I still can't believe the range of that dk down b man! And the damage!

Zero173

I'm on very last challenge, Clear Classic at intensity 9.0 without losing a single life.

Do anyone have advices for me?

Custom items that recover percentage, vampire badge is pretty OP. Characters like bowser or charizard usually work since they can live for pretty long and their speed is easy to control in Master Fortress. Not to mention the amount of damage you can do to Master Fortress with them, making it less likely that you'll have to climb back up after hitting its weak points.

By "tomorrow", do you mean today or Friday? =P
Sorry, heh. I meant today, Thursday. :)
so I had this random though, you guys main certain character and I am pretty sure you sub another, do your mains & subs have something you can relate between them? of course this is outside personal preference, like "they are from my fav nintendo games", stuff like that

Like for Example I main Link, sub ZSS, and enjoy a lot playing as Marth
and stuff I can relate between them is, Swords(L/M), Blondies(L/S), Pretty people(L/S/M), silent protagonist(L/S), somewat rushdown characters(M/S), somewhat similar adventure game(L/S), somewhat similar medival era/fantasy world(L/M)

just wondering because I find curious how people, let's say, Main Bowser and their sub is something like Duck Hunt or Ness, really can't find much to relate between them xD
Hah, not much to connect Falco and Ike other than they're both quite confident in their skills and I'm not even sure they cover each other's bad matchups very well! '~'
Hello everyone, my gaf account has recently been approved so I decided to drop here and say hi to my fellow smash fans.
I'm not playing much these days because I have to study for university exams, but I still hope we can play some matches sometimes.

I main Robin, my secondaries are Palutena and Shulk.
I also play a lot of other characters just for fun, this game has too many awesome characters, I can't limit myself to just a couple :p
Hello there, New member! Feel free to make yourself comfy and join in the discussion wherever it may be. These days the OT seems focused on matchmaking but I'm sure that once Mewtwo draws near we'll be seeing more regular discussion. :)

Say a friend reminded me I should finally get around registering my Club Nintendo codes to receive the soundtrack CDs, is there a actual shipping date for these yet?

Gabeking

So I finally got Smash Wii U, anyone wana 1 v 1?

Skill level: Terribad
NNID: Gabeking
Main: Bowser Jr., Greninja

I'm consistenly getting my ass beat lol, looking for other players who are in the same boat :p

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Someone please tell me how do I counter extensive kiting when I'm playing Ganondorf. I feel even more slow than usual when I'm against, say, Ness or Robin who just escape me and punish every attempt of getting close.

I just keep getting more and more frustrated and embarrassed by not getting any damage on them and the game just snowballs from there.

I just got so mad I had to quit mid-game. First time ever.

Someone please tell me how do I counter extensive kiting when I'm playing Ganondorf. I feel even more slow than usual when I'm against, say, Ness or Robin who just escape me and punish every attempt of getting close.

I just keep getting more and more frustrated and embarrassed by not getting any damage on them and the game just snowballs from there.

From what I understand Ganondorf suffers heavily from his limited mobility in certain matchups. I'll say you should approach with caution, punish their mistakes when they get close, and play on stages with platforms that give you a leg up in approaching a high character.

Oh, and find out if any of your attacks stuff projectiles. :)

Where were you when Mewtwo struck back?

Z5vaTT3.jpg

Comparison to other model.

HMk8cXr.jpg

emb

What is kiting?

For general advice, try to work your way into their space. Side and down B both offer risky burst mobility options to close in with. If they're willing, try to make them approach you and punish what they do; but since they both have projectiles, they don't really have to. But in Smash, the player approaching is often at a disadvantage.

Anyway, as you move closer, they have less space to work with. Use your defensive options (shield, spot dodge, jump out of the way, etc) to avoid what ever they're keeping away with. At some point they'll have to go past you if they want to run and keep distance; try to catch them in that. Focus on your defensive options, and limiting their safe space, rather than focusing on going up and forward airing etc.

And try to keep your mentality in tact too. It's hard to keep going for opponents and getting knocked away. If you find yourself repeatedly going straight in, you're probably playing on tilt. Remember, as Ganon you need to land probably half the hits your opponent does in order to get a kill.

RomanceDawn

I read that some inconsistencies with this is that the black bar containing Mewtwo's name does not line up with the others and that Lucas back there seems to have shadows coming from different light sources.

Who knows? Looks good though. Would be great if Mewtwo brought Lucas with him and Dixie brought Ridley with her.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The Aura Mastery challenge is sort of ridiculous. xD

Son Of D

Fake or very bad character pose. All characters do something on there artworks and Mewtwo just stands there?

To be fair Pikachu and Palutena just stand there in their render poses. And Kirby is just sat down. Although you can argue that their renders reflect their character (Kirby and Pikachu just sitting/standing looking cute whilst Palutena looks all heavenly or whatever). I guess if that is the render you could say that he's standing there menacingly?

Top Bottom