• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I'm on very last challenge, Clear Classic at intensity 9.0 without losing a single life.

Do anyone have advices for me?
My advice is... Great job getting that far! :p

Custom items that recover percentage, vampire badge is pretty OP. Characters like bowser or charizard usually work since they can live for pretty long and their speed is easy to control in Master Fortress. Not to mention the amount of damage you can do to Master Fortress with them, making it less likely that you'll have to climb back up after hitting its weak points.
Yeah, I haven't gotten that challenge, but Bowser is the closest I've gotten.

Arkanius

I'm trying to beat my lvl 50 Link Amiibo with Samus

I just can't. He keeps destroying me. He spams that special attack that covers a wide arc every time I approach him, and if I stay afar spamming missiles he just perfectly blocks all of them, grabs me and locks me in air until I'm dead.

The fuck

I'm trying to beat my lvl 50 Link Amiibo with Samus

I just can't. He keeps destroying me. He spams that special attack that covers a wide arc every time I approach him, and if I stay afar spamming missiles he just perfectly blocks all of them, grabs me and locks me in air until I'm dead.

The fuck

... Success?

You know, if Ridley ever made it into Smash as a playable character, I could see him (it?) using the baby Metroid as part of his (its?) moveset.

That sounds like some saturday morning cartoon villain shit.

"Ridley stole forty cakes, and then started a pillow fight, but using babies!"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
_smash_bros__i_don_t_know_what_to_call_this_by_amazingartistyellow-d82zevl.gif

Last night, I decided to do a long session with Classic 9.0 so I've been trying to beat 9.0 without losing a stock. I finally did with my precious Ganondorf so I'm thrilled to announce that I'm officially done with single contents and challenges for Smash Bros Wii U. :D

I'm quite proud of myself actually completed both version' Challenge Panels without using any single golden hammer. When I look back and thinking to myself that I felt that Smash 3DS is way easier than Smash U in a term of challenges, however I was very lucky with grinding for custom moves and hats in Wii U. 3DS is more of grandfest for me. And I didn't even try to get hats in Smash U since it only took me 45 minutes to grind to get last hat. For custom moves, it was quite easier to obtain because of Crazy Order and All Stars Hard Mode.

So yeah, I'm declaring that I'm going to focus on refine my skills with several characters and I would able to fight against y'all more now since I'm completely free from Single Content Smash.

If you want to fight against me, then bring it on. :)

Last night, I decided to do a long session with Classic 9.0 so I've been trying to beat 9.0 without losing a stock. I finally did with my precious Ganondorf so I'm thrilled to announce that I'm officially done with single contents and challenges for Smash Bros Wii U. :D

So yeah, I'm declaring that I'm going to focus on refine my skills with several characters and I would able to fight against y'all more now since I'm completely free from Single Content Smash.

I'm quite proud of myself actually completed both version' Challenge Panels without using any single golden hammer. When I look back and thinking to myself that I think Smash 3DS is way easier than Smash U in a term of challenges, however I was very lucky with grinding for custom moves and hats in Wii U. 3DS is more of grandfest for me, and I didn't even try to get hats since it only took me 45 minutes to grind to get last hat. For custom moves, it was quite easier to obtain because of Crazy Order and All Stars Hard Mode.

Wow congrats! I'd buy ya a drink but this is teh internets

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
One small rant from me about Classic 9.0.

Classic 9.0 don't really bother me until I started doing 9.0 challenge without losing a stock. It's quite annoying because you are not only fight against characters, you also literally fighting against items, lucks, stages, etc.

Lucks might be a huge factor in this because you have to worry about

1. Stages.. Getting bad stages during round 3 and round 5,

2. Items... Computers would know where it's going to pop occasionally so they would grab it before I did. I would like to point it out that items occasionally would pop out at wrong time which ended up eliminating me.

3. Target System.. Once Computers love you so much then they would actually trying to get rid of you all the way in battles. Occasionally few computers would team up and trying to get you out of the game without harming each other.

4. Team Work. You would notice that there are random team combo. For example, Ike used a counter against me which send me up the air, then for some reason Peach decided to up B when I'm flying in the sky. Peach saw it coming in split second like human wouldn't able to do that because I flew pretty fast that human probably didn't have a time to react to connect the attack.

5. Intruders..... I don't know why Sakurai actually thought that it's fantastic idea to add Intruders to Classic Mode. They are nuisance in 9.0 when you don't really want to lose stocks. Most of time, it just happened to me that they decided to appeared at 5th round and replaced two characters with two most annoying intruders. I can handle metal version just fine but sometime I just had a bad lucks with Giant character because there are other computers that kept interrupting me from eliminating giant characters.

Wow congrats! I'd buy ya a drink but this is teh internets

Haha, thanks for the drink! XD

Other Miiverse enabled games had the feature enabled in day one updates. It doesn't take long for Miiverse to be populated by a few drawings.

Well, I don't think they would go with fan made one. I think it's more likely to be pre-selected arts or employees' works.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That would go against the very concept of a Miiverse stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went against it. I can't really see how they would accurately match the fan arts to playable characters by using Miiverse.

Anyway, I'm free for 1 vs 1, so let me know if you are up for it.

_smash_bros__i_don_t_know_what_to_call_this_by_amazingartistyellow-d82zevl.gif

I'm quite proud of myself actually completed both version' Challenge Panels without using any single golden hammer. When I look back and thinking to myself that I felt that Smash 3DS is way easier than Smash U in a term of challenges, however I was very lucky with grinding for custom moves and hats in Wii U. 3DS is more of grandfest for me. And I didn't even try to get hats in Smash U since it only took me 45 minutes to grind to get last hat. For custom moves, it was quite easier to obtain because of Crazy Order and All Stars Hard Mode.

Congratulations! I still have yet to do either 9.0 Marth or 9.0 in one stock because (a) I've been busy with work and (b) I really, really dread dealing with the rage, frustration, and time-sinking and have been putting it off for that reason... but I know I have to face the music eventually. Hopefully I'll be able to join you in the winner's circle soon!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Congratulations! I still have yet to do either 9.0 Marth or 9.0 in one stock because (a) I've been busy with work and (b) I really, really dread dealing with the rage, frustration, and time-sinking and have been putting it off for that reason... but I know I have to face the music eventually. Hopefully I'll be able to join you in the winner's circle soon!

Thanks! Yeah, 9.0 without losing a stock can be very frustrating because of many reasons, as you can see in my rant post about classic 9.0.

I hope to see you in winner's circle with us too! :D

Zero173

Anyone notice how similar the beginning of the Smash 4 menu music is to the battle theme from Megaman Battle Network 5?

For reference:

MMBN5

Smash 4

To be fair, one is a bit faster, and the MMBN5 music loops much earlier, but my mind was blown when I realized how similar they sound.

Have not found even one character who suits me. Maybe Mario, but I don't want to play him. Same deal as with Ryu in Street Fighter, he's the character who feels the most natural but he's just kind of generic and I don't want to play purely to win. Captain Falcon has no future with his terrible ground game, approach, grab game, and recovery time on most of his attacks. He relies too heavily on taking big risks between dash attack and dash and grab. I only started Ike yesterday, I don't know what to make of Falco yet, I don't feel like playing Mega Man right now, Shulk is possible but can have really bad games. Ideally I would stick with Captain Falcon, but his flaws are just so obvious right now.

I don't know of any good Ike players, and so far all I do is play him like Shulk, which doesn't work, because his neutral air is only safe when facing backwards or spaced perfectly.

Have not found even one character who suits me. Maybe Mario, but I don't want to play him. Captain Falcon has no future with his terrible ground game, approach, grab game, and recovery time on most of his attacks. He relies too heavily on taking big risks between dash attack and dash and grab. I only started Ike yesterday, I don't know what to make of Falco yet, I don't feel like playing Mega Man right now, Shulk is possible but can have really bad games. Ideally I would stick with Captain Falcon, but his flaws are just so obvious right now.
I should play with you later, I'd like to help you find your main with some good matches. :)

I should play with you later, I'd like to help you find your main with some good matches. :)

It's probably Falco and Ike/ Shulk and keep Captain Falcon ready because of his speed, but he's too predictable to be a main. If only neutral air was safer at low heights and he would be a serious threat. His bad close-range punish game really holds him back.
I can play whenever today though, probably.

Top Bottom