• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Vena

Trying to fix my internet connection. Wired is acting up. :9

Edit: Looks like its finally up. But may be laggy needs to test!

Yep, I approved that.

Edited: I really wish that they didn't nerf Little Mac's side B recovery (aeriel)

I have no idea why they did. Completely unneeded. I will say one of the best Lil Mac's I played recovered by fast falling and countering to up B directly under the stage. He was very quick about it.

Vena

I have no idea why they did. Completely unneeded. I will say one of the best Lil Mac's I played recovered by fast falling and countering to up B directly under the stage. He was very quick about it.

Well whenever you're ready, I'll have a room up. Did I have you on FL?

GGs IntelliHeath. I don't know if I played your pit before but he's pretty good

Don't think so. Add me.

NNID = Shamrock7r

Edit: sorry, didn't see what you wrote below in time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Edited: It was my first time picking him against you. I always felt that I'm not ready with Pit but I decided to give him a try since I struggled a lot with other characters.

Salex_(Salex0)
Soul Lab(Soul-Lab)
Anonymous Tipster(BlackMage)
SuperBowser(SuperSiddu)
SUPERJEM94(SUPERJEM94)

Any of you available to play sometime today?

Hey! I just got home from work, but if you're still around I'm able to play.

I was planning on playing you and Shamrock last, but since the other two I have left haven't responded I don't mind playing you early! :)

Let me know if/when you're free!

Vena

My hands have thawed and the heat is on! Anyone for some more 1v1s while I dredge up my Falco from trash to less trash?

NNID: TesVena

so i guess that all of the good players were waiting for the wii u version because i had a comfortable 50%-55% winrate on 3DS for about 2 months but have only won like 3 matches in the two days I've owned Wii U

Okay. Sleep time playing way too poorly now haha.

GGs and thanks for the much needed shelacking I have been in a need of after two+ weeks off lol.

I hear ya, I was getting pretty tired myself, haha. Good games Vena! I like your Ike! Definitely learned a few things from playing him! And your Falco's on the up and up as well!

Thanks for playing!

Cronox

Banned
I'm good to play anyone in my bracket...

Or Karsticles... I've been working on my Bowser...

Edit: Hmm strike this for the moment, back in half an hour if anyone is still around.

I also wanna say there's some kind of input lag online that is actually noticeably worse than I ever had with the 3DS version. I realized that I just was not shielding or reroverinv or attacking when I wanted, even when the connection seemed smooth.

Anyone from Bracket 2 going to be around for matches tomorrow (Saturday)?

I used the 3ds despite such controls to perfect my technique. It's paying off.

You playing?
Just laying in bed trying to sleep again. I fell asleep at 7 and woke up at 11. Blech.

I'm good to play anyone in my bracket...

Or Karsticles... I've been working on my Bowser...

Edit: Hmm strike this for the moment, back in half an hour if anyone is still around.
You'll have to show me tomorrow.

I also wanna say there's some kind of input lag online that is actually noticeably worse than I ever had with the 3DS version. I realized that I just was not shielding or reroverinv or attacking when I wanted, even when the connection seemed smooth.
TV lag, most likely. Most TVs add a few frames of input lag, while the 3DS (probably) has zero. Some TVs, especially big LCDs, can add a lot of lag, especially if they aren't configured properly. Unless you are on a computer monitor, that is probably what you are feeling.

Also, is your Wii U wired?

Well lagging bad in this game can either lead to choppy play, or the game delays your inputs. So if you have a bad connection the game will be running smoothly, but your inputs will be seconds behind. They should really show pings in this game..

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

See if you can set up your tv in PC mode or aomething like that. Basically remove all noise reduction and digital messing with your signal. Tv's default settings are generally terrible for gaming.

And yes, wii (u) lan adapter.

But I also think the level is generally higher online on Wii U. Less kids I guess

daydream

Banned
Got the WiiU version just in time to get my soundtrack CD (and Mewtwo).

Hoping to have my first good online experience with this one, the 3DS version was awful.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, where do I register my two versions for dlc?

Bit of an odd question to ask here but I'm looking for a new TV and it's going to be used for gaming quite a bit, and a lot of smash. Deciding between a Sony 55W815 and a Samsung 55H6400. I read the input lag of Samsung is worse than the Sony but the image is better.

Anyone have any experience with either?

Top Bottom