• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Ricky 7

GGs broski, you've inspired me to not be so complacent. Your Charizard is crazy and it took me a long while to understand where I was messing up, but it's a learning experience I'll treasure!

Dang, there just isn't anyone I'm good at, is there? ;__;
=O I thought you were good with all the characters you chose?

I haven't played many Falcos or Ikes and don't know the properties of their moves so it was a learning experience for me as well. For example I had no idea Falco Forward B spikes or Ike's recovery has super armour.

=O I thought you were good with all the characters you chose?

I haven't played many Falcos or Ikes and don't know the properties of their moves so it was a learning experience for me as well. For example I had no idea Falco Forward B spikes or Ike's recovery has super armour.
I'm only learning Greninja and Fox as pockets for bad matchups, but I personally think I'm not that great with Falco or Ike and have a way to go with both. I come from Melee and there's no character like either of them in that game, so I struggle a bit. :(
SHIT WRONG THREAD

Damn I was about to suggest you buy some amiibos. :p

Ricky 7

I'm only learning Greninja and Fox as pockets for bad matchups, but I personally think I'm not that great with Falco or Ike and have a way to go with both. I come from Melee and there's no character like either of them in that game, so I struggle a bit. :(
Apparently from what I've heard on tournament streams and stuff is that Sheik and Diddy Kong play most like Melee characters, have you tried them?
Also with Ike I think down throw into Up B is a combo at low percents but I'm guessing you already knew that? It's just that I never saw you use it.

JCX

Bracket 5 - I'm free the rest of the night.

Anyone want to do a 1v1 or maybe a FFA if we have enough people?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
5-4 in my favor.

But man after fighting that Palutena I can safely say my Main is Meta Knight.

Guess all the practice with him paid off. I don't fight Palutena too often so the Up Smash range paired with platforms is a nightmare.

TWILT

Banned
Good games, Vena! I like your Ike. It was difficult for me to punish (and I really should respect it more...) your Aether ledge shenanigans lol. Do you know that Dthrow > an aerial (I usually use UAir) is a true combo at low percents? I was DIing out of Aether as the matches went on.

Vena

Good games, Vena! I like your Ike. It was difficult for me to punish (and I really should respect it more...) your Aether ledge shenanigans lol. Do you know that Dthrow > an aerial (I usually use UAir) is a true combo at low percents? I was DIing out of Aether as the matches went on.

Does it true-combo? Wasn't aware of it lol, I'll have to make it a mix-up with Aether. (Which of the many was your main btw? Maybe I cna make some useful comments too lol.)

Aether at the ledge is really hard to punish if I time it right, since he gets those superarmor frames fast. I like using it to keep people away for a safer get-up lol. I was hoping you'd respect my ledges more lol but I'll take all those free shield hits from Ragnel just spinning around in the air.

I have to work on his approach still, not sure which attack is safest but I've started going for overshoots on fair and nair. I try to keep bair spare for kills.

So I need to fight..
- Mistouze(Mistouze)
- Monster Zero(KingGhidra)
- MrSaturn99(Alagunder)
- PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)
Or I'm up for some 1 v 1s if anyone is interested..

TWILT

Banned
Does it true-combo? Wasn't aware of it lol, I'll have to make it a mix-up with Aether. (Which of the many was your main btw? Maybe I cna make some useful comments too lol.)

Aether at the ledge is really hard to punish if I time it right, since he gets those superarmor frames fast. I like using it to keep people away for a safer get-up lol. I was hoping you'd respect my ledges more lol but I'll take all those free shield hits from Ragnel just spinning around in the air.

I have to work on his approach still, not sure which attack is safest but I've started going for overshoots on fair and nair. I try to keep bair spare for kills.

Yup. I mostly approach with Ike with a lot of shorthops NAirs, though I only use him for fun. My main is Shulk and Link (though I didn't get a chance to use the latter), and Pikachu is my sub.

I was hoping to keep shield approaching and hoping to punish your ledge vulnerable frames, but it's easier for some characters than others lol.

Vena

Yup. I mostly approach with Ike with a lot of shorthops NAirs, though I only use him for fun. My main is Shulk and Link (though I didn't get a chance to use the latter), and Pikachu is my sub.

I was hoping to keep shield approaching and hoping to punish your ledge vulnerable frames, but it's easier for some characters than others lol.

Kirby is a real nightmare with his hammer on hitting Aether on the ledge, since the hammer hits way through the floor and ledge lol. Robin can be a nightmare too if I go too low. Thanks for that vid, I wasn't aware d-throw gave so many mixup options. I will have to mix it up as Aether doesn't even work all that well on light characters as they'll break from the hits from being floatier.

Shulk was crazy to fight against lol, with Speed you can combo me for like 60% before I can even try to get any momentum in the match lol.

Oh, you want to keep playing or something?

Oh I get it. Now you're showing me how to correctly play as all the characters I selected.

That was an odd match (GAW/Zelda)

GGs, MagiusNecros. I used to play Bowser, but I still kept falling for his Up-B, Dair, and Down-B. Three shield-breakers in a row, and it resulted in 2 deaths xD

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
GGs, MagiusNecros. I used to play Bowser, but I still kept falling for his Up-B, Dair, and Down-B. Three shield-breakers in a row, and it resulted in 2 deaths xD

I should have used Ganondorf more. I was actually doing well.

But tally is 2-5 in Namikaze's favor.

I finally lost a set.

That Yoshi though.

Well the Bowser Bomb to my death thing was stupid funny.

But yeah that double Shield Break was amazing on my end.

I should have used Ganondorf more. I was actually doing well.

But tally is 2-5 in Namikaze's favor.

I finally lost a set.

That Yoshi though.

Well the Bowser Bomb to my death thing was stupid funny.

But yeah that double Shield Break was amazing on my end.

With my past experiences with Ganondorf, I don't like going near the edge against him. Ganoncide is very annoying. And yeah, the suicide with Bowser Bomb was funny. At the very start of our first match, I thought I was going to suicide because I accidentally went into a Side-B off the edge :S

I find it interesting the characters I have been playing against through these ranbats. I never come across Dedede online, but I have faced multiple people on GAF that use Dedede.

Anyone want to 1v1?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
With my past experiences with Ganondorf, I don't like going near the edge against him. Ganoncide is very annoying. And yeah, the suicide with Bowser Bomb was funny. At the very start of our first match, I thought I was going to suicide because I accidentally went into a Side-B off the edge :S

I find it interesting the characters I have been playing against through these ranbats. I never come across Dedede online, but I have faced multiple people on GAF that use Dedede.

Anyone want to 1v1?

Most cases you can edgeguard any character but with Ganondorf you probably don't want to because of Ganoncide.

I like Dedede. He makes me laugh.

---------------

If you give me like 20 minutes I can play friendlies with you if you want.

Most cases you can edgeguard any character but with Ganondorf you probably don't want to because of Ganoncide.

I like Dedede. He makes me laugh.

---------------

If you give me like 20 minutes I can play friendlies with you if you want.

Alright, I will still be here. I can experiment with my characters some more. I was hesitating to choose Link, but I remembered how much I hated Link when I played as Bowser.

Top Bottom