• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Alright, I will still be here. I can experiment with my characters some more. I was hesitating to choose Link, but I remembered how much I hated Link when I played as Bowser.

Gonna get on in a minute. Since these are friendlies I'm actually gonna try using Robin for once. Just letting you know I've never used him before so expect shoddy play.

Gonna get on in a minute. Since these are friendlies I'm actually gonna try using Robin for once. Just letting you know I've never used him before so expect shoddy play.

Okay, I have a room up. My Kirby is pretty garbage, so I am sure your Robin will do fine. There are a lot of characters that I haven't even tried on the Wii U version.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
GGs, Magius. They were fun, except for the Ganondorf Choke spam. I am not very good at teching...

Even if you were I'd just Tech Chase you. Lots of good matches for my Ganondorf though.

Can't believe I landed a couple Reverse Wp's and even got you with the unhittable Utilt.

Great Games Karsticle! Your Bowser is sick, man. I don't tend to play many Bowsers, least of all ones that know what they are doing, so it was great to learn the match up as we went. Plus you gave me plenty of DI practice as well, haha.

Fun stuff, we'll have to play again sometime!

GGs Blackmage. Those were some intense matches. If there is anything you think I am not utilizing in that matchup, let me know.

Edit: yeah, I liked how our matches evolved over time as we both figured things out. I was really only learning how to deal with MM's fsmash toward the end. I don't know why, but I can never get the timing down on its max charge. I always think it will release just a bit sooner than it will. So I end up blocking it with my face a lot. :(

When you are in a position to punish after a blocked Fortress, I love that you go for the usmash. However, it might be even better if you could work the utilt in. I think you would have won even more of those if you did that. Also, you are great at maneuvering in the air. It felt like I was trying to track down a Kirby or Jiggs. Very frustrating.

GGs Blackmage. Those were some intense matches. If there is anything you think I am not utilizing in that matchup, let me know.

I don't really know the match up all that well to be honest.

The only thing I noticed is that you tended to do the dash attack a lot. Of course, I wasn't exactly punishing it all that often, so perhaps that was why haha, but as I'm sure you know it's shield punishable.

Other than that though, I don't really have any advice. You were dishing it out incredibly well.

I don't really know the match up all that well to be honest.

The only thing I noticed is that you tended to do the dash attack a lot. Of course, I wasn't exactly punishing it all that often, so perhaps that was why haha, but as I'm sure you know it's shield punishable.

Other than that though, I don't really have any advice. You were dishing it out incredibly well.
Yeah, I dash attacked a lot because it is one of two ways to deal with MM's B. The other one, SHAD, doesn't seem to activate very fast. I end up getting hit a lot. I need to stop doing that in that matchup. Against DHD, it is extremely effective though.

So does this game have hitboxes or hitspheres? Hitboxes feel like mahvel hitboxes when I try to punish someone's neutral a, and I get hit from behind :(

Malajax

Ggs Namikaze. Had to get at least one more win before I was satisfied for the night. Solid Yoshi you got there. Any tips for me? (Other than Get gud lol) I'll update the spreadsheet.

Ggs Namikaze. Had to get at least one more win before I was satisfied for the night. Solid Yoshi you got there. Any tips for me? (Other than Get gud lol) I'll update the spreadsheet.

You're Captain Falcon, but you never ask for my moves :p Hmm... I would say be less repetitive. Your ledge game is the same every time, by trying to spike me. Your falcon kicks are easily punishable. Try and grab more, and do air combos. Also, whenever I grabbed you, you would always go higher into the air. So, go further away rather than up all the time. I am not too familiar with Falcon, so I can't offer much advice.

GGs, though. Now I am finally ahead of schedule! But, that is enough Smash for today.

Malajax

You're Captain Falcon, but you never ask for my moves :p Hmm... I would say be less repetitive. Your ledge game is the same every time, by trying to spike me. Your falcon kicks are easily punishable. Try and grab more, and do air combos. Also, whenever I grabbed you, you would always go higher into the air. So, go further away rather than up all the time. I am not too familiar with Falcon, so I can't offer much advice.

GGs, though. Now I am finally ahead of schedule! But, that is enough Smash for today.
Now I'm on schedule! Lol but I'll take your advice. I'm really struggling with a good approach for Falcon, so that's why I relied on the falcon kicks a lot.

Vena

That one had me laughing a lot!

Good games man, you're Ike is completely different than I remember. Good work!

That was a silly fight, lol. That lip screws with so many recoveries lol.

Your DK is as good as I remember, and its really hard to penetrate... or not get chained to death, lol.

Thanks for the fun ggs.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I just got the game. I was really hoping the FZero stage from Melee would return. I'm actually a bit disappointed in the level selection.

Anybody up for some matches?

Golnei

So does this game have hitboxes or hitspheres? Hitboxes feel like mahvel hitboxes when I try to punish someone's neutral a, and I get hit from behind :(

I'd imagine it'd retain the Melee and Brawl hitspheres due to being very closely built on Brawl - I'm not sure what benefit returning to the the cubes from Smash 64 would have.

I just got the game. I was really hoping the FZero stage from Melee would return. I'm actually a bit disappointed in the level selection.

As it wasn't ported for Brawl, Melee Mute City would almost be as much work to create as an entirely new stage, made more difficult by its more complex nature - even in Brawl hacks, a variant of Kongo Jungle has been available for years, while Melee Mute City is still at a semi-functional alpha stage.

If only they had another completed F-Zero stage, perhaps another focused on Mute City, currently running in another version of the same game...

Top Bottom