• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

I cant tell if thats a person or if youre suddenly NISA

Hah hah, I love it. But nah, he's a dude. :p

We'll have to try tomorrow, for sure!

Great games DooD! Sorry for the lack of Mega Man, just been playing him a lot lately. Trying to practice some of my subs. Thanks for playing!

Edit: You played quite a few different characters yourself, who do you main these days?

DooD1234

Hah hah, I love it. But nah, he's a dude. :p

We'll have to try tomorrow, for sure!

Great games DooD! Sorry for the lack of Mega Man, just been playing him a lot lately. Trying to practice some of my subs. Thanks for playing!

Edit: You played quite a few different characters yourself, who do you main these days?
I been trying to practice a lot of Peach but she not an easy character considering you have to incorporate fighting with her float. I love Link, Pit and, Megaman though. Captain Falcon is fun on the side too.

Vena

Part where he jump off edges and thunder and still make it back. I also have no idea what you just said either.

Perfect pivot at the egde and use thunder, you'll send off a thunder that drifts right on the edge of the stage but you'll slide back inward.

I've had this game from release and I still can't figure out how to zoom or change the background on the trophy gallery on the Wii U. I've seen screenshots zoomed in and with different backgrounds and I can't figure out how to get to that menu and there doesn't seem to be a button prompt in the gallery

I dont understand why Nintendo didnt include a 1 on 1 mode in the For Fun section. I dont like playing 2v2 or Smash mode, and at the same time, Im pretty terrible at the game.. So id like to play people more on my level 1v1.
I wish they included multiple "playlists" to select from when both playing and spectating. I ONLY want to spectate 2v2 For Glory, but I like to play For Fun.

I banned two more players for not playing their matches today:
Saro
Euphemism

I don't plan on replacing them unless someone with a lot of dedication wants in, as they would have to make up 4 weeks of matches at this point. I'm fine with just putting "X"s where their matches should be.

The following players may be banned from participation for not completing their matches:
Mistouze(Mistouze)
Monster Zero(KingGhidra)
MrSaturn99(Alagunder)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)
zruben(zruben)
BumblebeeCody(64BitHero)
JulianImp(JulianImp)

If I have to ban enough, I might consolidate two brackets. Brackets 3 and 5 have a lot of people lacking in participation

Download a Google Sheets program. I added your loss in against CmdPpr for you.
Someone recorded that I lost to JnWake. This in in error, I haven't played matches against JnWake yet. I have only played matches against Nabster and Karsticles so far, something I can rectify over the next 2 days.

It is possible someone meant to put that 0 in a different row.

I didn't say embarrassing. I think it's a problem, particularly for mid level players who do it and don't properly develop because they don't understand the nuances of the game to make them a good player to a great player. The insistence of players of all levels to choose smashville 90% of the time is also a huge issue, and is lazy. /not s
I choose Smashville because it's the best stage. If you said there aren't enough good stages in the game, I would agree with you.

I banned two more players for not playing their matches today:
Saro
Euphemism

I don't plan on replacing them unless someone with a lot of dedication wants in, as they would have to make up 4 weeks of matches at this point. I'm fine with just putting "X"s where their matches should be.

The following players may be banned from participation for not completing their matches:
Mistouze(Mistouze)
Monster Zero(KingGhidra)
MrSaturn99(Alagunder)
PhoenixDawn(Hyrule_Hero)
zruben(zruben)
BumblebeeCody(64BitHero)
JulianImp(JulianImp)

If I have to ban enough, I might consolidate two brackets. Brackets 3 and 5 have a lot of people lacking in participation

I could join in if you'd like to fill in some slots, I've been wanting to get more practice/matches in anyways so I'd welcome the opportunity to jump in and play.

More than likely I'll be adding to someone's win tally anyways though lol.

I choose Smashville because it's the best stage. If you said there aren't enough good stages in the game, I would agree with you.

It's one of the top neutral stages for sure, but there are plenty of viable neutral stages and good counter picks. The problem is a lot of players lack any sort of drive and confidence to learn how to take advantage of the Setups of other stages. They play and play and play on smashville, becoming comfortable playing only on that stage because they did not take the time to learn other perfectly acceptable stages.

Vena

It's one of the top neutral stages for sure, but there are plenty of viable neutral stages and good counter picks. The problem is a lot of players lack any sort of drive and confidence to learn how to take advantage of the Setups of other stages. They play and play and play on smashville, becoming comfortable playing only on that stage because they did not take the time to learn other perfectly acceptable stages.

I still don't know why some TOs want to ban DHD. Nothing on the stage is random or out of player control, and is 100% predictable in when it occurs.

SoldnerKei

from a tourney goer perspective, I can understand why Smashville is one of the most played stages in the game, it's always a starter, BUT the same should applie to the reason why they need to learn other stages

let's look at APEX's stage list

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles only)
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned,
Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.

yeah, perhaps not a great diversity, but at least you can't stick to Omegas or neutral stages for a game or two in a set

as for me, stage picking online or friendlies, I pick stages because of the music or because they belong to the character's series that I'm using lol

from a tourney goer perspective, I can understand why Smashville is one of the most played stages in the game, it's always a starter, BUT the same should applie to the reason why they need to learn other stages

let's look at APEX's stage list

yeah, perhaps not a great diversity, but at least you can't stick to Omegas or neutral stages for a game or two in a set

as for me, stage picking online or friendlies, I pick stages because of the music or because they belong to the character's series that I'm using lol

Even that list is Missing some stages like skyloft and wuhu. Part of what I try to preach to players on neogaf is to diversify their stage picking. If you only choose omegas, or smashville, then I am going to make a fool of you when we play. All I have to do is pick battlefield or another platform heavy stage and a lot of times my opponent has no idea what to do.

TWILT

Banned
I have a bad habit of mostly picking the Animal Crossing stages lately. Been wanting to practice more on the other stages (been trying to pick Halberd and Castle Siege more). I'd probably benefit more for picking stuff like Delfino for Pikachu anyway.
I still don't know why some TOs want to ban DHD. Nothing on the stage is random or out of player control, and is 100% predictable in when it occurs.
I always end up getting distracted trying to hit the ducks instead of focusing on my actual opponent. :x

SoldnerKei

All I have to do is pick battlefield or another platform heavy stage and a lot of times my opponent has no idea what to do.

I guess Omega stages hurted the metagame on that aspect, and FG being just Omega doesn't help either

I usually pick omega since I think people want to play on those because of FG, don't mind playing in other stages thou

If you only choose omegas, or smashville, then I am going to make a fool of you when we play.

mwhahaha been there, that Ness vs Marth on skyloft P:
in my defense, I love skyloft... and I'll have my revenge!
someday *sob*
*puts a 'Rival' sticker on Shamrock's avatar*

hey guys stop hating on all the Animal Crossing fans for picking the Animal Crossing stages Kappa

but seriously east coast has a love affair with Smashville for some reason, particularly MD/VA

SoldnerKei

Hehe, how cute. :)

Okay, with all the talk about stages how about when's Miiverse? Surely after that we'll being seeing a lot more Battlefield, right? :D

R-right?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get it along with Mewtwo, I am more interested in the lobbies thou, the glorious day will come when we'll have our SmashGAF lobbie
I don't even remember if lobbies will work that way, let me dream
which I guess they will come along with mew2 too :'D

Top Bottom