• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Expect the unexpected, then when something mundane happens... you'll be surprised.

I meant to use a standardized gravity on a stage. This can either be a calculated value or you can just say "assuming Earth". It's more interesting to calculate it, though, so do that and then compare it over several stages (as you suggested) and see if any stages, in particular, stand out. There will likely be a common gravity that you'll find.

In this same way (well, similar really), you can also calculate the friction of the stages in Omega mode, if you wish. They are different from stage to stage.

Impulse is the change in momentum, yes. I prefer [I = Δp], its more general.

Yes, you've got the right idea.

Consider that thunder discharges around Pikachu in a half-circle area around him, and for the sake of the problem, pretend that the energy is evenly distributed over the area of the circle. You know how long the hit box lingers, so Pikachu is discharging a set amount of energy over a set amount of time that results in a set amount of launch power. If an object starts from rest and gets propelled outward at a certain velocity, then you have a change in Kinetic Energy. But only a portion of the energy would, in theory, be getting transfered from the thunder strike to the target as they would not cover all 180 degrees of the half-circle around Pikachu.

That change in KE came from the electrical discharge causing kinetic movement (usually, the electricity isn't causing you to move but creating other affects in the area around it that push you after the fact, but that's getting overly detailed). Work backwards from there to find the energy of the thunder or its power (since you know how long thunder lasts frame to frame).

You can send it to me in a PM.

I should expect a saying like that from someone getting a doctorate.

Friction and the Thunder thing seem to be too much work. I already think I have a lot to do. Thanks a lot for the help and explanations, though. I will send you the PP in a PM.

Oh Namikaze I meant to say I thought it was hilarious the other day when you just gave up as Bowser against my Ganondorf.

Those Ganon-chokes made me rage quit that battle :S

jnWake

Someone recorded that I lost to JnWake. This in in error, I haven't played matches against JnWake yet. I have only played matches against Nabster and Karsticles so far, something I can rectify over the next 2 days.

It is possible someone meant to put that 0 in a different row.

I bet I chose the wrong row when registering my match against Salva. Woops!

We'll have to play soon if the 0 was really a mistake though ;)

I bet it was.

Masked Man

I said wow
Sakurui I really don't understand your balance decisions... Sanic is ridiculous (and obviously Diddy)..

Yeah, Sanic Speed is pretty insane, especially considering that he can literally run circles around most characters, avoid damage and move in for a hit with very few openings for punishment. And Diddy is just Diddy. Like Sanic, he's just fast enough to maneuver around his opponents and rack up tons of damage without getting punished. :(

Unfortunatellllyyy I just got back to campus and the work request team never fixed my ethernet cable box, so at the very least I don't think I'll make it back in time for the ranbats. I'd be more than happy to do FFAs and the like though when that gets cleared up.

Okay! Well, let's play again as soon as possible. :D

I'm hoping Wednesday's Nintendo Direct will show some Mewtwo footage.

I'm hoping for that and a date for the extra stuff being patched in.( Miiverse stage, Tournaments, etc.)
Actually it'd be nice if they added things in based off of feedback,(remembering your name, retry button on event matches, stage hazard toggle, etc.) but I know that isn't happening.

Beats

Well, that landing lag cancel/reduction works with Falcon's Knee too and some other moves. Some posters are speculating that it might have something to do with the hitlag of the moves.

Vena

Well, that landing lag cancel/reduction works with Falcon's Knee too. Some posters are speculating that it might have something to do with the hitlag of the moves.

So reward for success, punish for failure?

I was noticing cancels when I was trying to do frame perfects with Marth last night that I ineffectively tested with DooD. Seems this might be what it was. though I was seeing it more off of Dancing Blades.

Masked Man

I said wow
I'm hoping Wednesday's Nintendo Direct will show some Mewtwo footage.

Likewise! Considering that the Direct is going to focus on games and content releasing by Spring 2015, I would be genuinely surprised if we didn't receive any information about upcoming features.

anyone wanna take bets on Smash related things on the direct?

lol j/k

also

10900033_10153011902681100_6999944335994378949_o.jpg

someone send this to Bill Trinen

SoldnerKei

I guess that's it for now Tipster, regardless of the lag on the last matches Great Games as usual!
tried to add some diversity to our games with the different stages xD
it leaded to an hilarious Falcon SD on Castle Siege lol

DooD1234

So reward for success, punish for failure?

I was noticing cancels when I was trying to do frame perfects with Marth last night that I ineffectively tested with DooD. Seems this might be what it was. though I was seeing it more off of Dancing Blades.
If this can help me combo into another knee you me need to practice that thing some more lol.

Also when playing for fun mode, the only thing more fun than flare blitzing everything is falcon punching everyone. I was doing this all night lol.

Vena

If this can help me combo into another knee you me need to practice that thing some more lol.

Seems like you're basically putting your landing lagg and hit lagg on the same timer, so you are acting sooner. If you use an aerial in the air, you get hit lagg and then langing lagg, if your first hitbox connects right before you land, you overlap them.

Seems to be how it works... makes a lot of sense from a simple, intuitive point of view.

Im actually sick at the moment, so I'm going to go to bed soon

However, 3 people want to play smash with me tomorrow soo I guess I'll devote tomorrow to smash

You free then? (probably earlier than it currently is)

Might be, I'll keep an eye on the thread when I'm free. We'll play one of these days, there's no rush haha.

Well ggs Twilt, I'm convinced now that Palutena won't ascend mid-tier without customs lol. Auto-reticle is so gad awful....
GGs direct quote. I'd play some more, but i have to sleep. You have a good Palutena.
Eh I'm bad, but it was weird playing a shulk that was good (as opposed to for glory shulks), not used to that...

Top Bottom