• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

It would seem that's the case. The shorter hitlag will override the longer landing lag on hit, giving characters with soecific options like Falco more followups.

Of course, you'd actually have to hit someone with an approaching dair, which is asking for a lot against experienced players. :/
So does this work for people with shit dairs like Palutena?

Vena

It should work with everything that doesn't have a unique get-up animation like Falco's fair. It doesn't seem to be character related at all but about how the fighting engine handles frames of animation and can overlap them.

Hmm, I finally tried a multiplayer match today for the first time... and then a dozen more. I was not expecting casual For Fun battles to be so much, well.. fun!

Today I learned that King Dedede is the best.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hmm, I finally tried a multiplayer match today for the first time... and then a dozen more. I was not expecting casual For Fun battles to be so much, well.. fun!

Today I learned that King Dedede is the best.

I just played a few.. spam heavy.. Link / Toon Link in FG as Dedede. That wasn't you, was it? Haha.

I just played a few.. spam heavy.. Link / Toon Link in FG as Dedede. That wasn't you, was it? Haha.

Nah, this was a several hours ago. And I never played with any Toon Links.

I was fighting against a guy that kept changing characters (like I did), a Little Mac that was maddeningly skilled (countering almost everything I did), and a completely suicidal Pac-Man that died four times a minute... somehow.

Having played Kirby's Adventure (NES), I can't help but appreciate how well Dedede's moves transition into Smash. The same goes for a lot of characters - they're all so perfect.

Well I work about 50 hours of week and freelance on the side while keeping a workout schedule every day of at least 1 1/2 hours, so my gaming time isn't substantial by normal standards. I would imagine the average time it takes to complete a set ranges from 20-30 minutes. I don't think it would be asking too much to dedicate 1 hour per week to playing your matches. It's not a big deal overall. My reasoning is the longer the time it takes to complete the ranbats, the greater risk you run of people quietly losing interest and dropping out or going AWOL.
I can add a vote to the next season, if you want. Maybe others share your opinion.

Though, really, none of the people I have banned played more than 1 match. Everyone in that situation lost interest (or something) after the first week. I feel like there are only two kinds of players: short-term, and long-term. If you can't handle 2 months of matches, I doubt that you can handle one month (generic "you" here).

I think it could work with Palutena's bair at least. But I haven't tried it.
I went into training with the Lady, and I didn't see any way it could work. Don't take my word as fact though, it could be different timing.

I've already gotten a hang of frame-cancelled dair and I'll work it into my game. Go Falco! :)

BTW, people need to incorporate running jump-canceled usmash. For some characters the difference is crazy (looking at you Falcon).

jnWake

Well I work about 50 hours of week and freelance on the side while keeping a workout schedule every day of at least 1 1/2 hours, so my gaming time isn't substantial by normal standards. I would imagine the average time it takes to complete a set ranges from 20-30 minutes. I don't think it would be asking too much to dedicate 1 hour per week to playing your matches. It's not a big deal overall. My reasoning is the longer the time it takes to complete the ranbats, the greater risk you run of people quietly losing interest and dropping out or going AWOL.

The issue, more than playing time, is matching schedules IMO. You also have to remember most of us are from different regions, different countries and different timezones. 1 match per week seems fine to me, sometimes I see nobody from my bracket when I'm free!

ALL HAIL THE RNG GODS!

IMG_0379.jpg

I was so close to just using a hammer on the headgear challenge because like two weeks passed between my 46th and 47th hat, but I got my 48th and final hat after just three more matches of my amiibo battling each other while I did other things. Lucky!

I have 715 trophies now, too. Last one is Ridley... just need to go back into Smash Tour (ugh) and find a way to not have everyone else get KO'd before I kill a boss.

Now I can use my last two hammers on Marth 9.0 (because fuck it, I hopelessly suck against the 9.0 AI and just need to accept it... I don't know if 9.0 no deaths is happening at all) and getting all the custom special moves or destroying 50,000 blocks in Trophy Rush. Almost there!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
IRC Chat
Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

I would like to remind everyone that we have SmashGAF IRC. It's a great place for people to find the challenges or coordinating the battles at our chatroom if anyone are interested.

Beats

man, the retro stages are so ugly. :x

I mean they're fine on their own, but it just feels off once you put the characters on them. The stages really don't mesh well with them.

rokero

Hey Smash Gaf is there any guide of how to best customize your amiibo, my lv50 Fox is getting creamed by my son's mario of equal level they're both stock in the upgrade department any recomendation on making a killer Fox McCloud ?

Hey Smash Gaf is there any guide of how to best customize your amiibo, my lv50 Fox is getting creamed by my son's mario of equal level they're both stock in the upgrade department any recomendation on making a killer Fox McCloud ?

My lv 50 Fox almost always loses to my lv 50 Kirby. I think it's mostly based on which stages and which items are available. Fox is terrible at grabbing items and doesn't have the best recovery for grabbing ledges.

Hatchtag

Banned
Why the hell is there a ten minute penalty for quitting a match in For Glory? I understand penalizing people for quitting, but that's the dumbest way to do it. Do it with a ranking system (which this game really would've benefited from) or something. I did it by accident (my cat was doing something and i accidentally hit a instead of b when resuming). Like that's just terrible design.

You got spared from Shamrock's mii fighter, but I think he's done or something. Ggs shamrock.
Oh, lol. I would've got my butt whooped anyway. Now I gotta invest in a new power strip thing because the plug is loose on my current one. :/ GGs Quote, your Palutena is definitely improving. :)

And gg for that one game Shamrock, even if I didn't understand what was up.

Oh, lol. I would've got my butt whooped anyway. Now I gotta invest in a new power strip thing because the plug is loose on my current one. :/ GGs Quote, your Palutena is definitely improving. :)

And gg for that one game Shamrock, even if I didn't understand what was up.
I wish she had a mid range game, or maybe I'm just too afraid to use her tilts. Her only good one is down tilt so.... And I feel for Palutena's smash attack range she should have faster start up or less recovery. People like Captain Falcon have faster start up and the same range :/

Top Bottom