• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

J@hranimo

Banned
Just realized this got moved to community o_O

Idk when I'll play online with gaf again for a good while. Where I'm at now I'm sure the internet isn't as good as before, so enjoy those ranbats and such!

Enforced

Oof I need to stop for a bit, playing very sloppy now lol. GGs.

I hate how short Kirby is, lol. So many missed smashes. I enjoy your brawler's mobility, all of the place.
Lol ok you're pretty good. Good game!
Also im tempting to avatars quote you but I wasn't sure if it makes sense. :p

Vena

Lol ok you're pretty good. Good game!
Also im tempting to avatars quote you but I wasn't sure if it makes sense. :p

I was getting overly predictable as we played, lol. And I have little clue as to how to really play Doc at the moment but he plays more closely to Melee than Marth does, so he seems to have clicked for me pretty well.

You and Shamrock with those surprise Brawlers really throw me for a loop, lol. One thing I'd recommend is less rolls since you kept rolling right into down smashes lol.

jE5XBRq.png
ehDYXhp.png
YAE91WQ.png

Was there ever an alternate image made with all three of these in the one image?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Edited: If you need a place to talk about Nintendo Direct when NeoGAF Crash then feel free to stop by our irc chatroom. I don't think NeoGAF would crash today tho.

jE5XBRq.png
ehDYXhp.png
YAE91WQ.png

Was there ever an alternate image made with all three of these in the one image?

I think there were one in Smash POTD Thread

NateDog

This is probably more of an annoying question for you guys than anything, but I just got Smash (my first Smash game at that) and am absolutely lost. Do you guys have any particular tips for a complete newbie to the series? Not sure if I should just spend most of my time (at first) trying to nail down the controls in training mode and then try and implement them in actual fighting or whether I should just try fight and learn at once. I'd normally do that with new games after a bit of training but I feel like I'm mostly button mashing then.

This is probably more of an annoying question for you guys than anything, but I just got Smash (my first Smash game at that) and am absolutely lost. Do you guys have any particular tips for a complete newbie to the series? Not sure if I should just spend most of my time (at first) trying to nail down the controls in training mode and then try and implement them in actual fighting or whether I should just try fight and learn at once. I'd normally do that with new games after a bit of training but I feel like I'm mostly button mashing then.
Learn the controls. Watch the how to play video in-game. Understand what each button does. Feel free to spend a million hours in training if it means you know how to move, what each button does, how to recover from being launched off a stage, and ultimately what you're playing for (launch opponents off-screen, and make sure they don't come back.)

Then fight cpus on easy difficulties with any settings you want to get used to things. Don't be hesitant to set things on easy, since you're just starting. It's important that you start fighting after you learn the absolute basics, though, because otherwise matches can really throw you for a ride.

My brother just recently got into WFT (technically HFT), and it's so satisfying to watch people get KOs as everyone's favorite trainer! :D

Awesome! I've been meaning to watch WFT videos to pick up tips since she's my main.

I haven't seen too many WFT vids out there. I also have a similar video I took of my 3DS KOs on the same account if you want to see. I feel like it was much more varied on the 3DS where I didn't have a C-stick to fall back on.

SoldnerKei

damn so many lag spikes, wanna keep going?
weird since we had a good connection last time

Soldner I think there is something up with my connection right now. Let's try again later. Gunna reset my router and see whats up.
sure, no problem!

Yea I think it may be something with my Internet Provider. I was having smooth matches just a second ago with the other guy and all of a sudden it went to crap. I thought it was him, lol, because he said someone else was online in his house, but now after our match maybe Time Warner is just being shitty right now.

no worries Shamrock, let's play some time later :'D

Soldner I think there is something up with my connection right now. Let's try again later. Gunna reset my router and see whats up.

damn so many lag spikes, wanna keep going?
weird since we had a good connection last time

Yea I think it may be something with my Internet Provider. I was having smooth matches just a second ago with the other guy and all of a sudden it went to crap. I thought it was him, lol, because he said someone else was online in his house, but now after our match maybe Time Warner is just being shitty right now.

Top Bottom