• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Is it just me or is there no Smash 3DS thread and everything Smash just goes here? Just gotten copy for 3DS so wondering where everyone is.

Thx for the link, couldn't find it even with search lol.

Someday I'll pick up a Wii U and smash, but before then I want to guarantee I get the gamecube controller adapter first.

JoeInky

Damn, I actually landed Ganon's UTilt shieldbreak on a player that is able to beat me.

We hard reads in here.

Think I might have to upload that match, it was actually exciting.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Is it just me or is Greninja ridiculously hard to be effective with?

his counter and grab are slow. His recovery is hard to be precise with, no just me, I notice lots of people accidentally doing forward B when they mean to do his recovery and dying.

Overall he just seems clunky and not as fluid as the ninja frog-like thing I imagined.

his counter and grab are slow. His recovery is hard to be precise with, no just me, I notice lots of people accidentally doing forward B when they mean to do his recovery and dying.

Overall he just seems clunky and not as fluid as the ninja frog-like thing I imagined.

I don't get how to use him either.

Smilax

I've been playing some For Glory on 3DS and Wii U and been noticing a lot of Cpt. Falcons and less Little Macs. Is the Cpt. the new hotness?

emb

Any bracket 2 people want to fight about it?

Looking for:
SteveYoungblood
InvincibleAgent
SalvaPot
Jagsrock
JnWake
Karsticles

Cronox

Banned
If anyone in my bracket is around, I'm here for the next hour and a half.

beta_fuse(betafuse)
BigFwoosh(DJCurtMuffin)
CommanderPepper(CommanderPepper)
daripad(daripad)
Poltergust(Poltergust)

Puruzi

Banned
Done? Ggs, that Ike was pretty great. Dunno what happened in that puff match tho

Anyone else wanna 1v1? ID is HarimeNui

Lost track of time and didn't notice how close it was to dinner.

Probably have to retire Onslaught off of Brawler, doesn't fit that well on him.

And it was fun for a few days but I kind of have to say that Ike is a bad character. His KO power is pathetic given how difficult it is to land hits with him, and it's absurd that people can survive his tilt and his down throw to such high percents when it's common for even light characters to get KO's at 110% in this game. Until he gets some major buffs to his throw KO potential, his dash attack, and rewards for landing his aerials, super armor or faster recovery on his terrible side tilt, he's looking very bad.
Ganondorf's up air is solid and it's easier to get the side B mixups, but it's baffling that the character universally considered the worst in Brawl barely got any changes. And for all the work that went into Bowser, he's quickly fallen into obscurity because, well he's a heavy character and this game just does not give a damn about heavy characters. Ike felt like he had a chance with the notable buff to his neutral air, but he's clearly flawed as well. I don't get how heavy characters have been so consistently neglected. Dedede was already good and now got a great new move to make up for what he lost as well as a solid jab and Charizard has a faster fire than Bowser with two solid super armor moves, but those other three. It's too cruel.

Masked Man

I said wow

Dash grab is where it's at. His Uair got nerfed so it has absolutely zero KO potential, but dash grab > Uthrow > aerials is pretty standard Greninja play as far as I know. Lots of crazy gimping and trolling to be had with Hydro Pump as well, like dash grab > Uthrow > vertical Hydro Pump to KO off the top.

Top Bottom