• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

The evolution of Ridley.
ssbb___past__present_and_future_by_bagansmashbros-d80e68m.png

ssbb___ridley_psa_wip_12_by_bagansmashbros-d80gfib.png
He'll get there in the end...

Lunar15

I'm gonna go for the hard read here, and say that all of the stage music will be in the Wii U version. The songs exclusive to Smash Run though? None of those.

Kind of an odd guess. I don't see why the smash run music wouldn't port over. I'd say those have the biggest chance of coming over. If anything doesn't port over, it will be the songs that don't have corresponding stages in the Wii U version. Like, if the Wii U version doesn't have any Earthbound stages, it wouldn't get the Magicant remix.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm gonna go for the hard read here, and say that all of the stage music will be in the Wii U version. The songs exclusive to Smash Run though? None of those.

Weren't those pretty much confirmed to be songs from the Wii U stages when the music menu was revealed in PotD?

emb

Kind of an odd guess. I don't see the smash run music wouldn't port over. If anything doesn't port over, it will be the songs that don't have corresponding stages in the Wii U version. Like, if the Wii U version doesn't have any Earthbound stages, it wouldn't get the Magicant remix.
Yeah, I do think it's kind of an out there prediction.

I could see them doing something with Earthbound music, even if they don't have an Earthbound stage. Something like what they've done in the past with songs for games without stages, like FE music playing on Hyrule or Balloon Fight music on Icicle Mountain.

But I'm also (probably foolishly) optimistic that the Wii U is going to have a decent stage list, to contrast with the 3DS one. Or at least fill in any holes with returning past stages.
Weren't those pretty much confirmed to be songs from the Wii U stages when the music menu was revealed in PotD?
I have no idea. :terror:

SAKURAI BIAS RANT:
People complain about the amount of sword fighters being too high, but they fail to realize several bigger problems.
For one thing, there are too many sphere characters. Kirby, Meta Knight, Pac Man, and Jigglypuff are spheres by nature, but to add to that, Sonic, Samus, and Yoshi all like rolling up into spheres too! Sakurai clearly hates any other three-dimensional shape. I hope he gets replaced for the next game.
Where's my Cubivore?

Clean image:
daily-en_20140925_fkjrm.jpg

Also, I stumbled upon the most spoilery non-spoiler thread talking about Shulk on GameFAQs. If you've beaten Xenoblade, this should give you a chuckle.

kNtoLGb.png

Get ready to SMASH with the ALL-STARS!
Microsoft is waiting to announce their upcoming icon fighter after Super Smash Bros. for Wii U comes out in order to ride the publicity. The name of their game: Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing.
For this groundbreaking hit, Microsoft has teamed up with Activision and EA, two of the most beloved companies in gaming, in order to provide the best roster possible. Classic characters such as Crash Bandicoot and Commander Shepard will face off against some of Microsoft's greatest legends, including Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, and Steve.
For the first time: See Conker face off against Joanna Dark! These special Microsoft characters finally return on their rightful home: the Xbox One.
For the first time: Play as the purple dragon Spyro in an icon fighting game! He's too big to miss out on!
It's going to be a smashing success! Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing will release in 2015 only on the Xbox One. Better with Kinect.
Be sure to preorder now, if you want to play as the Arbiter, Riley, or the Creeper!
Why does every Microsoft Smash joke in here ignore Dust

And Microsoft getting Crash and Spyro before Sony? As-if.

Like I said, I hope Nintendo expands upon it.

Also there's a joke somewhere about Dillon being a "cartoon animal" with openly walking wearing nothing more than a hat, boots, gloves and a scarf while everyone is wearing full clothing.
I dunno, that bear is clearly a nudist. A hat, boots, gloves and scarf? He doesn't even get that much.

kNtoLGb.png

Get ready to SMASH with the ALL-STARS!
Microsoft is waiting to announce their upcoming icon fighter after Super Smash Bros. for Wii U comes out in order to ride the publicity. The name of their game: Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing.
For this groundbreaking hit, Microsoft has teamed up with Activision and EA, two of the most beloved companies in gaming, in order to provide the best roster possible. Classic characters such as Crash Bandicoot and Commander Shepard will face off against some of Microsoft's greatest legends, including Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, and Steve.
For the first time: See Conker face off against Joanna Dark! These special Microsoft characters finally return on their rightful home: the Xbox One.
For the first time: Play as the purple dragon Spyro in an icon fighting game! He's too big to miss out on!
It's going to be a smashing success! Master Chief X Microsoft: Xtreme Xboxing will release in 2015 only on the Xbox One. Better with Kinect.
Be sure to preorder now, if you want to play as the Arbiter, Riley, or the Creeper!

olsofunny.gif

Jawmuncher

Clean image:
daily-en_20140925_fkjrm.jpg

Also, I stumbled upon the most spoilery non-spoiler thread talking about Shulk on GameFAQs. If you've beaten Xenoblade, this should give you a chuckle.

Why does every Microsoft Smash joke in here ignore Dust

And Microsoft getting Crash and Spyro before Sony? As-if.

I dunno, that bear is clearly a nudist. A hat, boots, gloves and scarf? He doesn't even get that much.

Ok that gamefaqs stuff is pretty great.

Guys, I think I have some big news. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U probably won't be the number one Wii U game this year.
Get hype for tomorrow, because that's when we'll first see U Craft! A mysterious MineCraft clone exclusively for the Wii U. Hopefully it won't go the way of that one MineCraft clone that was funded for half a million dollars. Such a shame they couldn't replicate what one guy did by himself without any crowdfunding money.
Between this and Meme Run, I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to sell millions of systems.

Hopefully, though unless characters are announced it's not going to be as lively here.
I think Duck Hunt Dog getting a CG trailer would generate buzz. Also we have not seen many Wii U exclusive stages yet. I can see the POTD still going strong if they focus on just Wii U content.

Zubz

Banned
I think Duck Hunt Dog getting a CG trailer would generate buzz. Also we have not seen many Wii U exclusive stages yet. I can see the POTD still going strong if they focus on just Wii U content.

Definitely. I can see them saving stuff for a second, Wii U-focused Direct. After seeing Bayonetta 2's sales, that system (And Bayo) really need the support!

Guys, I think I have some big news. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U probably won't be the number one Wii U game this year.
Get hype for tomorrow, because that's when we'll first see U Craft! A mysterious MineCraft clone exclusively for the Wii U. Hopefully it won't go the way of that one MineCraft clone that was funded for half a million dollars. Such a shame they couldn't replicate what one guy did by himself without any crowdfunding money.
Between this and Meme Run, I'm pretty sure Nintendo is going to sell millions of systems.

what are you doing

#1 selling Wii U game this year is Mario Kart 8 anyway

Zubz

Banned
That reminds me - I need to update my Nintendo Direct Bingo sheet that I've had since E3. Why has it taken so long for a general Direct?

Maybe they're setting us up for a huge surprise Direct that reveals everything!

... Or maybe they just don't have enough coming down the pipeline. There's always that possibility, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom