• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
qlvlpx.png

The important thing is we're starting a dialogue.

One of the comments:

"So you'll give us the chance not to wear hats but won't give WiiU owners the chance to play with the Ice Climbers..... Thanks and Thank you 3DS "

Good lord.

I'm kind of embarrassed to be associated with that kind of behaviour since I'm a fan of Smash too like that person is (?). =/

Blues1990

One of the comments:

"So you'll give us the chance not to wear hats but won't give WiiU owners the chance to play with the Ice Climbers..... Thanks and Thank you 3DS "

Good lord.

Who knew people could become so bitter with the lack of playable mountain climbers that wear Eskimo parka's. :/

One of the comments:

Good lord.

eh, most of those miiverse comments probably come from either:

a. childish grownups that whine about things that shouldn't matter

b. kids under the age of 12

i wouldn't take those posts too seriously, joe. especially coming from miiverse of all places.

No captions yet?
Pic of the day. We've prepared many hats for Mii Fighters...but a lot of them are humorously designed, so it might be hard to coordinate them with flair. You could, of course, choose to not wear the hats at all... It makes me wonder--how is everyone planning to dress up their Mii Fighters? Well, one thing is for sure: the ninja headband worn by the Mii in front should look good with anything.

random25

Pic of the day. We've prepared many hats for Mii Fighters...but a lot of them are humorously designed, so it might be hard to coordinate them with flair. You could, of course, choose to not wear the hats at all... It makes me wonder--how is everyone planning to dress up their Mii Fighters? Well, one thing is for sure: the ninja headband worn by the Mii in front should look good with anything.

Thanks! Have somebody tested how many kinds of hats can Miis use? And how to obtain them (is it linkable with the Mii hats in Streetpass plaza?)

VandalD

Thanks! Have somebody tested how many kinds of hats can Miis use? And how to obtain them (is it linkable with the Mii hats in Streetpass plaza?)
This is the best I've managed to find as far as a collection of all the Mii stuff. I've read that this person missed things, but I have no idea how much. I'd guess that most of them are just random rewards for single player modes. Outfits / Hats

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No fucking lie, if there is gear that looks EXACTLY like someone from naruto or someone from dragonball z I will lose my shit and make a thread on it while dying of laughter

Clefargle

Now that i think about it the mii fighter final smash looks like Rock Lee's lotus gates move he pulled off on gaara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgw72HX4sx0

Minus the epicness that is ultimate ninja storm

This will do wonders for my naruto RP fanfiction

Oh fuck man, I'm waiting up for both the PotD and the latest Naruto scans! I shouldn't cross the streams, don't know if I can handle this! I love that fight scene from the anime, looking forward to seeing
Madara vs Gai
animated. Such a hype night'

random25

This is the best I've managed to find as far as a collection of all the Mii stuff. I've read that this person missed things, but I have no idea how much. I'd guess that most of them are just random rewards for single player modes. Outfits / Hats

Thanks for the info. So it's a game reward rather than a Streetpass item. Great for me
I struggle getting Streetpasses here ;_;

FSLink

Banned

They're random drops in Classic/All-Star like custom moves/equipment. You can also get some of them by the challenge board.

I'm assuming that most of the hats are just rips from the StreetPass plaza, right? Is the T. rex hat back? That's the only one I care about.

Also - is that a Barbara hat in the mix? She has a trophy, hat, but no appearance as an Assist?

Jawmuncher

I'm assuming that most of the hats are just rips from the StreetPass plaza, right? Is the T. rex hat back? That's the only one I care about.

Also - is that a Barbara hat in the mix? She has a trophy, hat, but no appearance as an Assist?

Wait What?
That's a actual hat?

Neo Child

Banned
One of the comments:

Good lord.

no one even plays as the ice climbers

i miss squirtle more cause he was my brawl main.

NeonZ

What about things like item customization and Stamina/Coin matches? I've heard those are gone too.

Yeah, I had forgotten a few other things. There's item customization (you can toggle them individually), but you can't choose the general item appearance rate. It's either on or off, there's no low or high settings. Also, no "Special Brawl" equivalent, so all those options are out, like stamina, sudden death, etc.

Only one Pokeball or Assist Trophy can be in the arena at once (Wii U version already has shots with two Pokemon at once though).

Golnei

but Dillon can't shoot!

With that said the rangers have their own classes already. Gallo (lizard) is the flanking guy with pistols, Boone (bear) is heavyweapons guy with shotgun, and Nomad (squid) is a sniper.

Also the NPC designs are really top notch, like that ram/goat bartender with eyepatch.

Dillon doesn't need to be there if it's a spinoff - the upside of being a spinoff is that it could focus on only Gallo, Nomad and Boone. Though hopefully it'd be more like Metal Gear Rising rather than Shadow the Hedgehog quality-wise....

These guys have to make an appearance as well, though.

Bighorn%2C_the_Wise.png

Stranger.png

And they might as well throw in an Isabelle cameo while they're at it.

And then this Mii shows emotion and the whole thing is ruined.

This is the flaw of clever Mii faces.

A 'disable expressions' setting in Mii Maker which carries over to all Mii-using software would be a godsend.

Son Of D

How much of the music from the 3DS version do you think will be in the Wii U version?

Stages shared between both games will have the 3DS songs in the Wii U version in addition to new ones. Master Hand and Core will likely keep their themes as well. Other than that I can see some more popular songs crossing over, even if they get remixes. Gaur Plains, You Will Know Our Names, Id Purpose and the FE song from Melee for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom