• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLC hopes:
Needs to be free: Ice Climbers come back, maybe with a newcomer (or three). New stages.
Could be paid: Character costumes expanded upon, with more model changes (like Toon Link pajamas) and more colors (like four more for Olimar and Alph each). More music for the Wii U version (there can never be too much music).

DLC expectations:
Gold Mario.

Fiktion

Banned
image.php

I'm not even sure what you're trying to convey.

DLC expectations?

Krystal and/or Wolf, please.
I would expect a blend of cut veterans, quirky newcomers, and fan requests.

Snake, Ridley, Lucas, Inkling would be a nice package.

emb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pink Gold Peach was included in the core Mario Kart game. Gold Mario was DLC for Mario Gold: World Tour.
So you're saying Gold Mario is less important to Nintendo than Pink Gold Peach?

But Gold Mario is in the actual NSMB2 game. That's a semi-mainline title, not even a spin off like Kart. And every character in Smash Bros. gets their own gold version on 3DS.

So you're saying Gold Mario is less important to Nintendo than Pink Gold Peach?

But Gold Mario is in the actual NSMB2 game. That's a semi-mainline title, not even a spin off like Kart. And every character in Smash Bros. gets their own gold version on 3DS.
I guess that's right, but I consider Gold Mario to be more "DLC-worthy" since he was the season pass character for the game, and also gave you shittons of money.

Pink Gold Peach, Baby Rosalina, and Baby Daisy are just made up characters, which makes them awful.
At the same time, Metal, Gold, and Tanooki Mario are all just different versions of Mario who have somehow become their own characters, which makes them awful.
Mario has the deepest lore.

Inkling for Smash 5
meltdowns incoming if they're not

Inkling is pretty much the only character who I think is pretty much locked in for Smash 5. I have a bet with a friend that they'll be in, and an extra bonus if they are in the first batch of character reveals.
If they're not among the first revealed, calling it now: Inkling fanbase will become the new Ridley fanbase.

Jawmuncher

Inkling is pretty much the only character who I think is pretty much locked in for Smash 5. I have a bet with a friend that they'll be in, and an extra bonus if they are in the first batch of character reveals.
If they're not among the first revealed, calling it now: Inkling fanbase will become the new Ridley fanbase.

Well unless the game turns out to be bad.
I have high hopes for it.

Possible Alt. DLC:

- Dark Bowser
- Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time) / (Hyrule Warriors)
- Sheik (Hyrule Warriors)
- Roy (for Marth)
- Galacta Knight
- Dark Meta Knight
- Ninten
- Proto Man/ Bass
- Ms. Pac-Man
- Impa
- Masked Dedede
- Pajamas Toon Link

All of my want.

no, the old Ridley fanbase will be the new Ridley fanbase :p

JCX

Brawl had the perfect balance of big names. Everyone new in 4/5 are deeper in the roster or from a newer game (not counting 3rd parties)

I can't think of 10 good big newcomers who could be seen as Nintendo icons unless we get a bunch new IPs. Inkling or X character would probably be best bets.

I would like Pajamas Toon Link, sporting Peach/Rosalina, Dry Bowser, casual Mario, Mr. L, Yukata Lucina, and uh... that's kind of it. Pajamas Toon Link alone I would pay for.

This was literally the argument a friend of mine used as to why he had Roy and Chrom represent the Fire Emblem series in his version of the roster. It's a terrible idea.
I actually got into a conversation yesterday where someone said that Roy should have been prioritized over Lucina because he's more important. (as in he was in melee lol)

I really dunno why, but I'm going to make a bold claim. Not avatar betting or anything, but something is telling me that I'm on the right track with these character DLC predictions. (Well atleastthe first one...)

Character DLC Predictions:

1: Metal Face (Xenoblade)
Reason: Teased in a newcomer trailer like Dark Pit was. Everyone just assumed boss, but there was no boss in 3DS version where all shared stages so far are pretty much the same and 3DS version already has bosses like Yellow Devil and that Find Mii guy.
Stop right there. You know how people like to joke about how Ridley is too big? Right, well, Metal Face is like three times the size of Ridley. There's no way he's getting in as a standard playable character.

I suppose you could have (big Xenoblade spoilers here)
him outside of his gargantuan mech, but then having Mumkhar be in the roster would kind of be a huge spoiler for Xenoblade, as awesome as having somebody who fights with claws would be
. I just don't see this happening in any way shape or form; I'm expecting a Wii U-only boss, instead.

I actually got into a conversation yesterday where someone said that Roy should have been prioritized over Lucina because he's more important. (as in he was in melee lol)
Aside from the fact that Roy just should not come back, his argument was stupid in because he said fans liked him in Melee, so he should come back OVER MARTH AND IKE because of nostalgia.

DLC hopes:
Needs to be free: Ice Climbers come back, maybe with a newcomer (or three)
ICs don't work on 3DS. Dunno why people keep bringing them up. Do some of yall really think there will be system exclusive characters? Because yeah, Sakurai made the roster the same between both versions to then not make the roster the same between both versions...sure.

I agree with your previous post (couldn't quote both) that none of the secret newcomers will get newcomer trailers. Love the trailers so I hope it happens but feels like that ship has sailed. I'm confident we'll get DLC trailers tho...granted we get DLC. D:

Oh man, I hope they commit to pumping DLC for like the next three years or something. The speculation never ending would be glorious!
Playable Ridley will for sure be in the last pack in 2018 as a thank you for all of us loyal Ridley fans! You'll see!

ICs don't work on 3DS. Dunno why people keep bringing them up. Do some of yall really think there will be system exclusive characters? Because yeah, Sakurai made the roster the same between both versions to then not make the roster the same between both versions...sure.

I agree with your previous post (couldn't quote both) that none of the secret newcomers will get newcomer trailers. Love the trailers so I hope it happens but feels like that ship has sailed. I'm confident we'll get DLC trailers tho...granted we get DLC. D:

Oh man, I hope they commit to pumping DLC for like the next three years or something. The speculation never ending would be glorious!
Playable Ridley will for sure be in the last pack in 2018 as a thank you for all of us loyal Ridley fans! You'll see!

Ice Climbers new 3DS exclusive, Nintendo don't care /s

Well, we know that some work has gone into Ice Climbers. Maybe they just decided "fuck it" a few months back and stopped making that a priority, and when the games will be out they'll try getting them to work again. It's possible.

I also don't see why people expect a Chorus Kids trio to happen on the 3DS when the Ice Climbers duo isn't in.

emb

Ice Climbers new 3DS exclusive, Nintendo don't care /s
Smash Bros 5, after the Wii U version is cancelled: exclusive to 3DS, all the characters are Ice Climbers. The Melee ICs come back as a team, the other 60 characters are all pallete swaps with new names. Except for one bonus character, Dark Pit.

Well, we know that some work has gone into Ice Climbers. Maybe they just decided "fuck it" a few months back and stopped making that a priority, and when the games will be out they'll try getting them to work again. It's possible.

I also don't see why people expect a Chorus Kids trio to happen on the 3DS when the Ice Climbers duo isn't in.

1.) Typo
come out/ are out

2.) The Ice Climbers probably won't work due to Nana's Advanced AI.

edit: But seriously, I would think having the Ice Climbers in the WiiU version, and an Ice Climber in the 3DS version.

we're talking about the real Smash 5 several years later
For the sake of preventing confusion, let's use these terms:
Smash 3DS = 3DS version
Smash Wii U = Wii U version
Smash Kerfuffle = The installment after the Wii U version
1.) Typo
come out/ are out

2.) The Ice Climbers probably won't work due to Nana's Advanced AI.

Solution: Make her AI stupider. Olimar was changed around quite a bit, in order to compensate for the 3DS (though his Pikmin animate like ass).

Why do we always end up with these throw in crap characters?

If they want Doctor Mario and Dark Pit (yes, the more the merrier) why not outsource character alt development immediately as character models are completed. Give everyone like 5 alts or so... Dead or Alive on PSOne had about a bajillion outfits for every character, no DLC in sight. So, every character ought to have a whole stash of awesome alts, like Doctor Mario, etc etc. Fuck custom moves. Give slightly different move sets that would normally be custom moves to the alts instead.

How did they not begin this Smash Bros project thinking "Okay, what characters are under represented here, and what can we do to improve them" or "The characters we bungled together at the last minute in the last game need to be completely fleshed out this time".

Ryce

I've always thought the Chorus Kids would be "stuck" together -- they'd move together, share a hitbox, and never de-sync. They'd technically be one character visually disguised as three. With the Ice Climbers you're essentially controlling two separate characters at once.

I've always thought the Chorus Kids would be "stuck" together -- they'd move together, share a hitbox, and never de-sync. They'd technically be one character visually disguised as three. With the Ice Climbers you're essentially controlling two separate characters at once.

Why couldn't they do that with Ice Climbers?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yep. That's exactly what I had in my mind.

Jawmuncher

Why would it have to be Chorus Kids anyway?
There's a million different people in Rhythm Heaven. Are we focusing on them just because of the gematsu leak?

Ryce

Why couldn't they do that with Ice Climbers?
The whole reason for the Ice Climbers' existence in Smash Bros. is to emulate the two player mode of Ice Climber. Having them move together robotically wouldn't suit them, but it fits the aesthetics of Rhythm Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom