• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EhoaVash

Was just browsing smash u pics do the characters make awesome expressions like this in the 3ds version

duoky7h6sko3szsmxqbz.jpg

Yeah and that Crunchii guy on youtube re-uploaded the songs in HD. I guess I gotta search harder.
I don't trust that Crunchii guy's uploads at all. His upload of "Id (Purpose)" is blatantly just the version in Fire Emblem: Awakening version, in spite of how the Smash version cut out a significant portion - and he's yet to acknowledge the error. Hell, I think he deleted my comment pointing it out. Screw that noise.

I don't trust that Crunchii guy's uploads at all. His upload of "Id (Purpose)" is blatantly just the version in Fire Emblem: Awakening version, in spite of how the Smash version cut out a significant portion - and he's yet to acknowledge the error. Hell, I think he deleted my comment pointing it out. Screw that noise.

Sounds like I'm sticking with Timmy Turner's Dad and BrawlBRSTMs3 on this then.

Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers so your argument is invalid. :p
They can just shrink him down. I remember when the Vaanrose leak first happened and everyone thought the Koopa Car would be too big or clunky to be a character...turns out its one of the smallest characters in the game lol.
I think you're kind of underestimating the difference in size between Mario and the Koopa Clown Car compared to the difference between Shulk and Metal Face.

Metal Face being the size of your average Smash character is so woefully out-of-character that it is completely and utterly infeasible. At least Ridley had his Metroid [1] incarnation to vaguely justify it; Metal Face has nothing.

It's not happening.

*tharjablushavatarquote.jpg

Speaking of Tharja (trophy cut haha), remember when Tharja had a bikini on in the Japanese version of Awakening and NOA thought "oh shit, this is too much for our virgin American eyes, let's make it look like she was wearing nothing behind that curtain."
My least favorite character in the game BTW.

Was just browsing smash u pics do the characters make awesome expressions like this in the 3ds version

duoky7h6sko3szsmxqbz.jpg

One of the many, many reasons as to why Toon Link is so much better than normal Link.

J@hranimo

Banned

Oh really? Hmm that does change things a bit. I was contemplating ripping the OST from his playlist, buuuuuuut now that you put it like that I don't know.

I think you're kind of underestimating the difference in size between Mario and the Koopa Clown Car compared to the difference between Shulk and Metal Face.

Metal Face being the size of your average Smash character is so woefully out-of-character that it is completely and utterly infeasible. At least Ridley had his Metroid [1] incarnation to vaguely justify it; Metal Face has nothing.

It's not happening.

also there's the part where he wouldn't be playable anyway even disregarding size

lol

At least he used the better version of the song, even if it isn't actually part of the game's soundtrack.

Feltrol

Banned
Speaking of Tharja (trophy cut haha), remember when Tharja had a bikini on in the Japanese version of Awakening and NOA thought "oh shit, this is too much for our virgin American eyes, let's make it look like she was wearing nothing behind that curtain."

My least favorite character in the game BTW.

One of the many, many reasons as to why Toon Link is so much better than normal Link.

Some people joked that someone with a cape was watching her.

Some people joked that someone with a cape was watching her.
On the subject matter, I'd like to point out one of the best things to come out of Gamnesia: Operation Moonedfall. Great way to joke about the whole "Operation Moonfall" thing they started.

Gamnesia/ZeldaInformer is one of those websites that I like to follow, mostly because of the fairly up-to-date coverage of (mostly) Nintendo-specific news, but every once in a while, because of the horribly written guest articles that are posted.
For example; this article was a response to this opinion piece.

Zubz

Banned
Oh really? Hmm that does change things a bit. I was contemplating ripping the OST from his playlist, buuuuuuut now that you put it like that I don't know.

Weird. Guess we'll have to wait until the game comes out here to prove which rips are legit or not. Or wait for someone else to do it, but its easiest to trust one's own ears, I suppose.

And removing transforming characters (RIP Ivysaur and Squirtle)
And cutting Waddle Dee's :mad:
Eh, part of me feels like transformations may have been thrown out regardless of the 3DS limitations both for the customization system and because most people just gravitated towards one transformation rather than cycling between them.

Eh, part of me feels like transformations may have been thrown out regardless of the 3DS limitations both for the customization system and because most people just gravitated towards one transformation rather than cycling between them.

I also heard that the HD models on the Wii U version would take too long to load, so that's why they were cut.

Zubz

Banned
I also heard that the HD models on the Wii U version would take too long to load, so that's why they were cut.

I haven't heard that, but it makes a lot of sense... load times were too long in the demo; I'm pretty sure they've fixed that since, but still.

Roy (from Fire Emblem) is not a character who should ever come back. He's not relevant, he's a clone, he's considered one of the worst lords in the series, and Lucina is better.

Those all sound like opinions to me. Speak for yourself and not others.

I like Roy better than Lucina also (yes I played FE6, so don't try the "you just like Melee" argument), he actually fights FAR differently from a clone with the Sword of Seals in the actual game, and I totally think he should come back with his actual sword style instead of being a clone. Preferably with the Awakening re-design.

Those all sound like opinions to me. Speak for yourself and not others.

I like Roy better than Lucina also (yes I played FE6, so don't try the "you just like Melee" argument), he actually fights FAR differently from a clone with the Sword of Seals in the actual game, and I totally think he should come back with his actual sword style instead of being a clone. Preferably with the Awakening re-design.

yeah well I don't, and neither do most people :p

Fiktion

Banned
I'm still honestly baffled that out of all 7 of them, only Dr. Mario got in. I mean, he was the second least-likely in my book behind Plusle & Minun!

Sakurai said that they had trouble porting Melee data into Smash 4. Dr. Mario is based on Smash 4 Mario.

The Project M Team had similar issues recreating Mewtwo, it took them 700 man hours to accomplish it.

Zubz

Banned
Sakurai said that they had trouble porting Melee data into Smash 4. Dr. Mario is based on Smash 4 Mario.

The Project M Team had similar issues recreating Mewtwo, it took them 700 man hours to accomplish it.

I know, but I mean priority-wise. I know Doc was the easiest to make, but I honestly thought reviving Mewtwo or adding Dixie would've been a higher priority due to relevance, although I understand he got in because he's an easy Mario clone. I'm not thinking about this from a copy-paste from Brawl standpoint; I honestly just expected Mewtwo or Dixie far more. Maybe Toon Zelda due to a lack of Zelda newcomers, or Roy because of Marth's popularity (He lost all chances after Lucina showed up, though, and DLC chances died too after Bowser Jr. brought Roy Koopa to the battle).

Fiktion

Banned
I know, but I mean priority-wise. I know Doc was the easiest to make, but I honestly thought reviving Mewtwo or adding Dixie would've been a higher priority due to relevance, although I understand he got in because he's an easy Mario clone. I'm not thinking about this from a copy-paste from Brawl standpoint; I honestly just expected Mewtwo or Dixie far more. Maybe Toon Zelda due to a lack of Zelda newcomers, or Roy because of Marth's popularity (He lost all chances after Lucina showed up, though, and DLC chances died too after Bowser Jr. brought Roy Koopa to the battle).
I think it was a question of Greninja or Mewtwo, and Sakurai wanted a rep for X/Y.

Zubz

Banned
I think it was a question of Greninja or Mewtwo, and Sakurai wanted a rep for X/Y.

True, but I dunno. Mewtwo was sorely missed in Brawl, so I was half-expecting, half-hoping he'd get in, too. Besides, I wasn't even sure if we'd get a playable X/Y rep, seeing how it wasn't even out until mid-late production for Smash 4.

I doubt that was anything more than leftover Melee data.

Nope. Pichu/Young Link had no data what so ever and Roy's data is in the same state other characters who weren't even in Melee.

Roy was planned for Brawl and was cut because of Sonic. Chances are Lucina is Roy if Roy went through Brawl's clone changes. They probably took some of the same ideas, if not some of the leftover WIP code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom