• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiktion

Banned
Nope. Pichu/Young Link had no data what so ever and Roy's data is in the same state other characters who weren't even in Melee.

Roy was planned for Brawl and was cut because of Sonic. Chances are Lucina is Roy if Roy went through Brawl's clone changes. They probably took some of the same ideas, if not some of the leftover WIP code.

Based Sonic. I knew the hedgehog was good for something.

Caladrius

Was everyone who didn't make it back cut for sonic back in brawl?

No. Mewtwo was the one closest to completion (which isn't saying much considering he has only slightly more data leftover than the rest who have little more than references) by the time Sonic had to be implemented.

I honestly think SSE was a bigger factor in stuff being cut than Sonic. That thing was enormous, had its own unique stats for each character and a ton of other stuff that couldn't get used anywhere else in the game.

I honestly think SSE was a bigger factor in stuff being cut than Sonic. That thing was enormous, had its own unique stats for each character and a ton of other stuff that couldn't get used anywhere else in the game.

also stickers were mini-equipment before equipment became a thing

Remember when the first video leaked, and people started thinking Bowser Jr. was a Diddy clone? That was really weird.
lol yeah. Alot of chaos that day.
Metal Face being the size of your average Smash character is so woefully out-of-character that it is completely and utterly infeasible.

It's not happening.
that is why it wil happen! Because it is impossible lol Ii'd think by now people wouldn't say so and so is never happening. I thought we all learned that lesson, they would never put in Dark Pit, make Wii Fit Trainer a character, or put in Dr. Mario over Mewtwo. ;)

also there's the part where he wouldn't be playable anyway even disregarding size

lol
Why? Because two Xenoblade reps? Nothing is impossible. And that tease lines up with Dark Pit's tease.

Eh, part of me feels like transformations may have been thrown out regardless of the 3DS limitations both for the customization system and because most people just gravitated towards one transformation rather than cycling between them.
This is the best thing that was done besides it being on 3DS. Seriously I never played as Pokemon Trainer, Zelda/Shiek, or Samus/ZSS because they weren't real characters in my mind. So happy that characters like Zelda and Charizard are newcomers in this game lol.

Do we have a total count on stages on 3DS yet?

And do we know how many stages there will be on the Wii U ver.?
I think its 35 on 3DS.

I'd expect the same amount on WiiU since all the content seems pretty even so far.

also stickers were mini-equipment before equipment became a thing
Plus Brawl's cut data involves an 'exp' bar with leveling up, which might be similar to how the Amiibo's you can level up work? Smash reuses cut content from previous games all the time; I think Kirby's new ability to charge his hammer was also something that was found partially completed in Brawl's data.

Plus Brawl's cut data involves an 'exp' bar with leveling up, which might be similar to how the Amiibo's you can level up work? Smash reuses cut content from previous games all the time; I think Kirby's new ability to charge his hammer was also something that was found partially completed in Brawl's data.

wait what?

Gleethor

Yup, there's final smash audio for Captain Falcon in 64 as well.

FSLink

Banned
Those all sound like opinions to me. Speak for yourself and not others.

I like Roy better than Lucina also (yes I played FE6, so don't try the "you just like Melee" argument), he actually fights FAR differently from a clone with the Sword of Seals in the actual game, and I totally think he should come back with his actual sword style instead of being a clone. Preferably with the Awakening re-design.

I've played FE6 too and Roy is pretty bland especially compared to other Lords (both visually and moveset potential wise).

That Awakening re-design is the only reason I'd be for him coming back, there's Lords out there with more interesting moveset designs and the majority of the FE fanbase would probably agree...sorry.

So what happened with Sonic? Was he actually a last-minute addition?

I only really started paying attention to video games when I got Mario Galaxy, and while I had some experience with Melee at a friend's house, I never knew much about it.

Most embarrassing gaming story:
I had a choice of a bundle with Mario Party 8 or Brawl, and I chose the former.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So what happened with Sonic? Was he actually a last-minute addition?

I only really started paying attention to video games when I got Mario Galaxy, and while I had some experience with Melee at a friend's house, I never knew much about it.

Most embarrassing gaming story:
I had a choice of a bundle with Mario Party 8 or Brawl, and I chose the former.

Yep, Sonic is last minute addition. Nintendo asked Sega if they can included Sonic, and they said no at first. When the development are approaching at deadline, Sega decided to change their minds and ask them to included Sonic at last minutes. That's why we got delay and Mewtwo got cut. According to people, Mewtwo and Roy's files are mostly worked, comparing to other cut characters.

Anth0ny

I wonder what format the Smash Bros. DLC will follow.

Mario Kart 8 DLC is 3 characters, 4 vehicles and 8 tracks (2 cups) for $7.99.

If they go down a similar route for Smash, I'm thinking 2 characters, 3 stages and 4 alt costumes per DLC pack, $7.99 a pop. That's a damn good value, especially if they do 2 packs for $11.99 like Kart did.

If they go down a similar route for Smash, I'm thinking 2 characters, 3 stages and 4 alt costumes per DLC pack, $7.99 a pop. That's a damn good value, especially if they do 2 packs for $11.99 like Kart did.

Also some kind of costume pack for people who buy both DLC packs. MK8's was gimmicky, but really cool with different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys. Mario Golf's Gold Mario was meh.

What if they do one veteran and one newcomer in each pack?
Bring back some of the Brawl colors not in this game too.

hmmm....feels like it would be more difficult to make stuff for Smash

Smash for 3DS preordered and paid.

I am mildly excited again.

There's a 98% chance that we'll get nothing but 3DS pics up through global launch.

image.php

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Edited: Y'all guys, let stick with Smash topic because I don't want this thread to get locked because y'all kept getting off the topic with stuffs. I'm guilty of that sometime but let stop doing that tho.

I could see two DLC bundles of 2 characters and 2 stages (or 3 stages)

Dr. Buni

I await the inevitable shitstorm when the DLC characters chosen aren't the ones people wanted.
I am actually hoping the DLC characters aren't the ones people want. Especially since a lot of people want boring veterans as DLC characters instead of brand new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom