• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what? He's the hardest boss in Super Metroid and one of the hardest in Metroid Prime. I've never seen him easy in any game. He's also the best boss in the best game ever (Super Metroid) so that's why I'd like him in the game as a playable character. I won't pretend that it would be easy to make him playable, but if Duck Hunt Dog and Pac-Man can work, surely a character with a multitude of different attacks over the years could work if shrunk down to a manageable size.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXjJ470V5nw
Mecha-ridley can.

I guess he's among the harder bosses in Super Metroid, true, but personally I always found Phantoon harder for the amount of upgrades/health you generally have at the time you fight it.

I always found him to be one of the easier bosses in Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, and Metroid Fusion, though. Different strokes, I guess!

If you're going to equate in-game difficulty with how "badass" a character is, then Ganondorf is quite the sissy, as well!

You know what people mean when they say Ridley looks "badass." No need to pick fights with people. What happened to the peaceful Ash? :-\

I would agree with that! Ganondorf makes Ridley look like one of the hardest bosses of all time. :p

But wait, when did I pick fights with anyone? I was only weighing in on the Ridley discussion, and in one of my replies I specifically said I agreed with them minus actively not wanting Ridley to be in. If Ridley did ever make it, I'd be happy for his fans (though they do make it difficult to feel that way sometimes). I haven't gone anywhere! :p

I guess he's among the harder bosses in Super Metroid, true, but personally I always found Phantoon harder for the amount of upgrades/health you generally have at the time you fight it.

I always found him to be one of the easier bosses in Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, and Metroid Fusion, though. Different strokes, I guess!

I really want to connect this to the "hard-on for dragons" comment you made, but I just can't think of it...

I though that was pretty funny myself.

Indeed it was.
But wait, when did I pick fights with anyone? I was only weighing in on the Ridley discussion, and in one of my replies I specifically said I agreed with them minus actively not wanting Ridley to be in. If Ridley did ever make it, I'd be happy for his fans (though they do make it difficult to feel that way sometimes). I haven't gone anywhere! :p

Ash, don't pretend like we don't know your inner nature. We've seen how you are. We know how evil you can be.
Using the Crash Bomber in Sudden Death.

Ridley when he finds out he's playable in the DLC.

BwgRoZv.gif

Even Tingle?

I genuinely want Tingle to be playable. He should use his Rosy Rupeeland abilities.

Ricky 7

Yep, Sonic is last minute addition. Nintendo asked Sega if they can included Sonic, and they said no at first. When the development are approaching at deadline, Sega decided to change their minds and ask them to included Sonic at last minutes. That's why we got delay and Mewtwo got cut. According to people, Mewtwo and Roy's files are mostly worked, comparing to other cut characters.

They said no at first? Didn't know that. Other companies would beg to have their characters in. Who the hell do Sega think they are lol.

rekameohs

Banned
Yep, Sonic is last minute addition. Nintendo asked Sega if they can included Sonic, and they said no at first. When the development are approaching at deadline, Sega decided to change their minds and ask them to included Sonic at last minutes. That's why we got delay and Mewtwo got cut. According to people, Mewtwo and Roy's files are mostly worked, comparing to other cut characters.
I never read anything about Mewtwo or Roy being more completed. Where did you see that?

emb

I just played Mario Kart 8 for the first time in a while... and the DLC characters and cups are slathered into the menus, even though I haven't bought them or visited the store.

It's abhorrent, and I hope Smash doesn't go that route. It's one thing to ask for money for extra content, but to force it into your face all the time is really low. Is there a way to turn that off in MK?

I played Masterpieces for a total of about ten minutes.

Great marketing. Terrible feature.

I wonder if they always planned on having the Masterpieces in the game, or if they were something they just decided to throw in because they had a lot of extra space after they moved to a dual-layer disc...

Newcomers would get people mad.
Cut veterans would get people mad.

It's impossible to please the entire Smash community.

It's like with sf4 when it comes to buffs and nerfs. Some people would be satisfied with their characters being buffed, some would be upset since their characters got nerfed, some want the characters they hate to be nerfed, etc.

You could please some people, but not others.

Golnei

I wonder what format the Smash Bros. DLC will follow.

Mario Kart 8 DLC is 3 characters, 4 vehicles and 8 tracks (2 cups) for $7.99.

If they go down a similar route for Smash, I'm thinking 2 characters, 3 stages and 4 alt costumes per DLC pack, $7.99 a pop. That's a damn good value, especially if they do 2 packs for $11.99 like Kart did.

It's also a possibility that they might do 3 packs - 1 for characters, moves and costumes, which would be for both 3DS and Wii U; and 2 stage, music, items, AT and trophy packs, one for each. I'd imagine the character pack would be priced a little higher than the version-exclusive pack, but both might be a little more expensive than the MK8 pack, though it'd still be relatively cheap considering the attach rate they'd be aiming for.

For actual content, I'd optimistically put it at 3-4 unique characters and new clones, 1 new costume or palette swap for each character, 1 new custom move per character, 4 returning stages per platform, 3 new 3DS items + The Fan, 4 Wii U items, 2 new 3DS ATs + Isaac and Ray, 4 Wii U assist trophies, 6 new 3DS stages and 6 new Wii U stages through all three packs.

emb

It's BitF time!
(The previous parts in this arc are listed below for those who haven't been keeping up.)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I can't believe there are only 2 comics left...
In the comments:
Another thanks to all you readers out there who’re reposting the comic in other appropriate places. That includes the good folks on Reddit (oh, I’m aiming to do an AMA next week, by the way), on NeoGAF (who seem to think I’m clairvoyant because of the Smash Voters: Marth strip) . . .

weekev

Banned
I just played Mario Kart 8 for the first time in a while... and the DLC characters and cups are slathered into the menus, even though I haven't bought them or visited the store.

It's abhorrent, and I hope Smash doesn't go that route. It's one thing to ask for money for extra content, but to force it into your face all the time is really low. Is there a way to turn that off in MK?
I managed to get rid of it by buying it if that helps. (my daughter really wanted to race with pink Yoshi and lets be honest i was always gonna be racing with Zeldakart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom