• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smash Bros 5, after the Wii U version is cancelled: exclusive to 3DS, all the characters are Ice Climbers. The Melee ICs come back as a team, the other 60 characters are all pallete swaps with new names. Except for one bonus character, Dark Pit.

day 1

The whole reason for the Ice Climbers' existence in Smash Bros. is to emulate the two player mode of Ice Climber. Having them move together robotically wouldn't suit them, but it fits the aesthetics of Rhythm Heaven.

I guess. I'm sure that with time and effort, the Ice Climbers could work on the 3DS version.

Hopefully we'll get an Ice Climber reboot somewhere down the line, there can never be too many coop games.

Why would it have to be Chorus Kids anyway?
There's a million different people in Rhythm Heaven. Are we focusing on them just because of the gematsu leak?
Out of all the more "popular" (if you will) Rhythm Heaven requests, they're the only ones that can incorporate musical rhythm (being a choir) and group work into their design. Two major things in the series.

Smash Bros 5, after the Wii U version is cancelled: exclusive to 3DS, all the characters are Ice Climbers. The Melee ICs come back as a team, the other 60 characters are all pallete swaps with new names. Except for one bonus character, Dark Pit.

Your source is clearly wrong. He confused Dark Pit with Dark Ice Climbers. In other news, these dark characters, named Pepe and Nono, are to appear in Sakurai's next game, Ice Climbers Defrosted

117px-Soso.jpg

Poor Nah. That name must be be a pain. Reminds me of this picture of her:
KvlUFYFl.png

Anyway. It's too bad we never got Hector or Ephraim. A lord with an Ax or Lance would be nice.

I think it's too soon for Inkling to shine. I'm not against it, but it's too soon</3.

I would like to see an Inkling. Either as DLC or in Smash 5.

One thing that still confuses me is that somewhere in the localization process, the name "Duck Hunt" stuck instead of "Hunting Dog" or something along those lines. The fact that the announcer spaces the two words out should indicate why it's not the best of names.

Jawmuncher

Out of all the more "popular" (if you will) Rhythm Heaven requests, they're the only ones that can incorporate musical rhythm (being a choir) and group work into their design. Two major things in the series.

Consider Ness was a mix of everything mother.
I don't think some of the other character's being a different from their origins would be that much of a stretch.

Fiktion

Banned
One thing that still confuses me is that somewhere in the localization process, the name "Duck Hunt" stuck instead of "Hunting Dog" or something along those lines. The fact that the announcer spaces the two words out should indicate why it's not the best of names.

I think the name is because it's not just the dog. The duck is there, plus the moveset involves the zapper, it's really the whole game being represented.

Codeblue

I don't think there are any Fire Emblem fans who want to see Roy back. He's a stain on the series.

Cosign. There are so many awesome characters in that series, that it would be incredibly upsetting to see one of the worst lords in the series represent it.

I think the name is because it's not just the dog. The duck is there, plus the moveset involves the zapper, it's really the whole game being represented.

He's still the main one there though. It could also work like Rosalina & Luma, or Pikmin & Olimar, where he's called "Duck & Dog" or something like that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's a million different people in Rhythm Heaven. Are we focusing on them just because of the gematsu leak?

Chorus Kids is in the game as trophy, with nice description. At least it was in Japanese version.

There are many things that are ongoing for Chorus Kids' supposedly inclusion. It's all speculation tho.

1. Rhythm Heaven and Ice Climbers are only two unrepresentative franchises that had enemy in Smash Run. Ice Climbers were cut out of the game late in the development, and they probably didn't have time to work on Chorus Kids itself.

2. Chorus Kids and Karate Joe are only two characters that got trophies based on them. It's a hint that Sakurai did think of Chorus Kids.

3. Spainkiller and 4Chan (July 29)'s rumors pointed that Ridley, Chorus Kids, Dixie and Mewtwo are going to be in the game. (it's not 100% confirmed but it's something that we should keep in our mind.)

4. There might be more evidence that could point at Chorus Kids in Wii U Version but we wouldn't know for now.

Once we didn't get DLC characters or Chorus Kids as playable characters, I'm pretty sure that people would move away from those topics.

rekameohs

Banned

It's because the character isn't the dog; it's the combination of the duck, the dog, and the hunter who shoots at the screen.

My only beef with the name "Duck Hunt" is even if the Dog uses the Hunter and Duck as part of his attacks, it still makes little sense. Pac-Man uses Namco games for attacks as well. I thought it would be more clever if they named the dog "Hunt" and call it Duck Hunt that way because it is Duck and Hunt.

J@hranimo

Banned
I guess this may be the right place, but does anyone know where to get (or have) a decent rip of the music from the game? I need some of this music on the go!

I guess this may be the right place, but does anyone know where to get (or have) a decent rip of the music from the game? I need some of this music on the go!
I swear I've seen one floating around the Internet, but haven't actually gone about grabbing it. I mean, GilvaSunner had to get his music from somewhere...

Ryce

"Duck Hunt" has existed for 30 years, and I've never heard anyone call it "da cunt" until now. The name is a complete nonissue.

Stop right there. You know how people like to joke about how Ridley is too big? Right, well, Metal Face is like three times the size of Ridley. There's no way he's getting in as a standard playable character.

I suppose you could have (big Xenoblade spoilers here)
him outside of his gargantuan mech, but then having Mumkhar be in the roster would kind of be a huge spoiler for Xenoblade, as awesome as having somebody who fights with claws would be
. I just don't see this happening in any way shape or form; I'm expecting a Wii U-only boss, instead.
Sakurai doesn't care about spoilers so your argument is invalid. :p
They can just shrink him down. I remember when the Vaanrose leak first happened and everyone thought the Koopa Car would be too big or clunky to be a character...turns out its one of the smallest characters in the game lol.

Well, we know that some work has gone into Ice Climbers. Maybe they just decided "fuck it" a few months back and stopped making that a priority, and when the games will be out they'll try getting them to work again. It's possible.

I also don't see why people expect a Chorus Kids trio to happen on the 3DS when the Ice Climbers duo isn't in.
As already stated, people were speculating it was one character that looked like 3. I believed the Gematsu had early info so I guess they were in fact a trio tho.

the Chorus Men are the best and most memorable characters in Rhythm Heaven. Thats why. Thats right, I said it. Get your silly monkeys, your silly wrestler's and your silly reporter girls out've here. :p Tho if CK were cut due to 3DS I could see Sakurai maybe putting a different silly character in the game.

That's pretty good.
"Duck Hunt" has existed for 30 years, and I've never heard anyone call it "da cunt" until now. The name is a complete nonissue.
Nintendo clearly knew though, since the announcer says "Duck Hunt" with a big space in the middle.
They can just shrink him down. I remember when the Vaanrose leak first happened and everyone thought the Koopa Car would be too big or clunky to be a character...turns out its one of the smallest characters in the game lol.

Remember when the first video leaked, and people started thinking Bowser Jr. was a Diddy clone? That was really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom