• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Oh wait, I take back what I said -- there are pits on either side of the stage because they're fighting on a table. Didn't realize that at first.

Mistle

Oh wait, I take back what I said -- there are pits on either side of the stage because they're fighting on a table. Didn't realize that at first.
Oh, me neither. I assumed walk off. The fact it's not makes it even better.

I wonder of you just get stunned or something when caught in the stare.

Neiteio

I'm sure people thought of Game & Wario as a stage possibility but didn't bring it up much in conversation because it seemed boring... until Sakurai went and made an awesome stage with the mom hazard, lol

People keep saying Game & Wario was an obvious choice, but I don't remember anyone mentioning it before the 4chan Tower of Smash rumor.
I swear I remember another leak that wound up being bullshit that said the Taxi minigame from G&W was going to be Wario's new stage from ages ago. I'm pretty sure it got brought up as a potential new stage pretty regularly.

Golnei

People keep saying Game & Wario was an obvious choice, but I don't remember anyone mentioning it before the 4chan Tower of Smash rumor.

I don't think it's revising history anywhere near as much as those who said Duck Hunt, WFT and Bowser Jr + Koopalings were obvious - a Game & Wario stage; while not the only choice, did seem to be likely considering it was not only the most recent Wario game but a Wii U launch title that was once intended to be preinstalled on all systems.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I haven't seen Smash U in forever it feels like.

Did it always look that good haha.

Its rwealy feeling like they're taking advantage that the game is on WiiU, idk if its just me but they might have improved the graphics noticeably if not slightly.

Mariolee

I honestly just expected Warioware Inc. 2

Well, did anyone really want Warioware Inc. 2? This seems like the only alternative for representing the series. Not to mention the most up-to-date.

But Smash Bros. has not always been up to date with the system it's on. For example, there was no stage in Brawl that directly referenced any Wii games IIRC.

I'm sure people thought of Game & Wario as a stage possibility but didn't bring it up much in conversation because it seemed boring... until Sakurai went and made an awesome stage with the mom hazard, lol

I mean it's not a surprise, but I think it's good enough to help lend credibility to the rumor.

I'm sticking to my guns. I'm willing to avatar bet about this rumor.

I feel it in my bones.

Gleethor

I'd really like for the Tower of Smash leak to be true but I think the most damning thing is that Pilotwings, Wrecking Crew, Miiverse and Wii Sports have "series" data on the 3DS version, which to me indicates that the latter 3 will have stages alongside pilotwings on the Wii U version, and none of those were in the leak.

Well, did anyone really want Warioware Inc. 2? This seems like the only alternative for representing the series. Not to mention the most up-to-date.
Wario Land Shake It! would've looked fucking amazing in HD >:T

I'd really like for the Tower of Smash leak to be true but I think the most damning thing is that Pilotwings, Wrecking Crew, Miiverse and Wii Sports have "series" data on the 3DS version, which to me indicates that the latter 3 will have stages alongside pilotwings on the Wii U version, and none of those were in the leak.
It also had Ice Climber which probably isn't happening anytime soon, if I'm remembering right. Wii Sports could've also been combined with Pilotwings at some point, given they all take place on Wuhu Island.

Neiteio

I mean it's not a surprise, but I think it's good enough to help lend credibility to the rumor.

I feel it in my bones.
I don't have any particular feelings on the rumor, other than, "I really like that stage list," and, "I kind of doubt there would be four more characters waiting in the wings like that." But I can see it possibly being true.

I'm pretty sure the stage is on a desk, not the floor. The sides of the desk will be ledges most likely.
Yeah, I realized that and pointed it out in my post after the post you quoted.

Golnei

But Smash Bros. has not always been up to date with the system it's on. For example, there was no stage in Brawl that directly referenced any Wii games IIRC.

Well, we have already got Pikmin 3 and NSMBU stages - the game coming out later in the Wii U's lifecycle than Brawl did for the Wii will mean current-gen stages are more likely.

If 'Ridley is playable' is also one of your conditions, I'll take it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoNdIrbCA

zlCfzSeucEQrJedykq

"Pic of the day. Here’s a stage exclusive to the Wii U version: Gamer. Don’t let Mom find you while you’re duking it out!!"

zlCfzSeubckkXKj_Ww

"If Mom does spot you, she’ll scold you and blow you away!! …I’ve never seen a fighting action game as chaotic as this one."

OMFG

L00P

I feel it in my bones.
I'm with you with this rumor being true, but maybe there is something wrong with your bones, man. You've been feeling it for a few nights now. That's not normal

maybe you should go see a doctor

Mario galaxy not being in brawl in any form is a bit of a head scratcher you gotta admit.
To be fair there was a ton of other Mario stuff Brawl had to cover that happened inbetween Melee and itself, and initially Brawl was intended to come out before Galaxy. I kinda half expected a Rosalina trophy and some music rips though.

CassSept

Hahaha, this will be a fantastic stage. So now Friday is going to be Wii U stages day?

Mario galaxy not being in brawl in any form is a bit of a head scratcher you gotta admit.

Brawl before delay was slated for late 2007, merely a year after Wii launched. This is coming 2 years after Wii U launched. The most recent stage in Brawl was what, Spear Pillar? Eldin Bridge? From Pokemon DP and Twilight Princess respectively, both of which launched a year prior to Brawl's original release date. It's no surprise we're getting Game & Wario or Pikmin 3 stages, these games are over/nearly 1.5 year old by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom