• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the mom gets classified as a boss character :)

I think the leak may have some legitimacy, but man imagine if it had said 9 volt stage or something

Mariolee

I'd really like for the Tower of Smash leak to be true but I think the most damning thing is that Pilotwings, Wrecking Crew, Miiverse and Wii Sports have "series" data on the 3DS version, which to me indicates that the latter 3 will have stages alongside pilotwings on the Wii U version, and none of those were in the leak.

Fair enough, but the icons could be left-over data or refer to something else. I remember in Brawl people were touting the Animal Crossing icon as more than just a reference to the single stage, but it wasn't.

Wario Land Shake It! would've looked fucking amazing in HD >:T

It also had Ice Climber which probably isn't happening anytime soon, if I'm remembering right. Wii Sports could've also been combined with Pilotwings at some point, given they all take place on Wuhu Island.

That's what I'm thinking.

I don't have any particular feelings on the rumor, other than, "I really like that stage list," and, "I kind of doubt there would be four more characters waiting in the wings like that." But I can see it possibly being true.

Cool.

Yeah, but the Pikmin stage is directly from Pikmin 3. It seems like if a game come out early enough for the Wii U, it could make it in as a stage.

Well, we have already got Pikmin 3 and NSMBU stages - the game coming out later in the Wii U's lifecycle than Brawl did for the Wii will mean current-gen stages are more likely.

True true. Still, no one ever verbalized having a Game & Wario stage as far as I know, and that's what matters to me the most.

If 'Ridley is playable' is also one of your conditions, I'll take it.

ACCEPTED. WHAT WILL BE THE AVATAR BETTING RULES? MY ONLY RESERVATION IS THAT I GET TO KEEP MY CHRIS PRATT AVATAR, BUT YOU CAN MAKE WHATEVER EDITS YOU WANT TO IT.

Depends on if you count Bridge of Eldin. The Wii version of TP released first, after all.

I don't count that considering it was in development for the Gamecube mostly.

I'm with you with this rumor being true, but maybe there is something wrong with your bones, man. You've been feeling it for a few nights now. That's not normal

maybe you should go see a doctor

T-there's nothing wrong w-with my bon-nes.

zlCfzSeubckkXKj_Ww

OMFG

Holy moly.

J@hranimo

Banned
Huh? But in FD mode the stage wouldn't have mom, so the lighting won't be there.

Oh yeah, well hopefully he does something to make lighting appear. The stage would then be pretty average and drab looking lol.

I'm tired, but fuck it! I believe in Tower of Smash! #TeamReal. What's there to lose? Smash 3DS comes out in a week!

Golnei

Great lighting in this stage o_O

Also, mom coming out of the TV like that...mom = Samara confirmed?

Seeing her at the door reminded me of something else...

tumblr_nabh0we17Z1rbispdo2_500.gif

Snake confirmed?

ACCEPTED. WHAT WILL BE THE AVATAR BETTING RULES? MY ONLY RESERVATION IS THAT I GET TO KEEP MY CHRIS PRATT AVATAR, BUT YOU CAN MAKE WHATEVER EDITS YOU WANT TO IT.

Why are you shouting...?

If we're doing edited avatars rather than entirely different ones, a 25-day period after the Japanese release of the Wii U version should be adequate. And remember that you'll need Ridley, Impa, Chorus Kids, Dixie and Mewtwo to all be regular playable characters to fulfill your win condition.

Ash I thought you hated Ridley, WHAT GIVES

Two new DKC-related stages and Dixie would take some of the sour taste of DK getting jack all in the 3DS version quite nicely, especially if some of it gets ported back into tha tversion.

I don't hate Ridiey at all, I just don't care about him! But I dearly want that rumor to be true for the Chorus Kids, Dixie, and that amazing, amazing stage list.

Just watched this. Great review. Unfortunate to hear that even local multiplayer can have severe lag issues depending on wireless interference.

Thanks! Yeah, and if you read GamesRadar's review, it looks like they encountered the same issue in a bad way.

Mariolee

Why are you shouting...?

If we're doing edited avatars rather than entirely different ones, a 25-day period after the Japanese release of the Wii U version should be adequate. And remember that you'll need Ridley, Impa, Chorus Kids, Dixie and Mewtwo to all be regular playable characters to fulfill your win condition.

I put it in all caps because I thought it would be difficult to see that I replied to your post in my long multi-quote message.

Fair enough. But I have one question what if one or more of them fails to appear but Sakurai mentions in a Famitsu interview that they were PLANNED to be part of the connectivity deal but either didn't have enough time to finish or were planned for later DLC?

Golnei

I put it in all caps because I thought it would be difficult to see that I replied to your post in my long multi-quote message.

Fair enough. But I have one question what if one or more of them fails to appear but Sakurai mentions in a Famitsu interview that they were PLANNED to be part of the connectivity deal but either didn't have enough time to finish or were planned for later DLC?

Well, in that case the rumour will still have been true, so you'd win.
Unless if the cut character was Ridley. He's a special case.

A new Wario stage was a given, specially if you're listing a new stage for each of the most popular franchises. What wasn't a given was the stage name, which the rumor got wrong.

Combined with the lack of any evidence (and Ridley), I'm not too keen to believe its legitimacy.

Neiteio

Imagine if the stage has boss mode mom:

iQpJfUYPtMZbf.gif
I'm a hardened survival horror player but I find this TERRIFYING

If she waits at the side of the stage like that, NOPE, just NOPE, nuh-uh, NOT PLAYING

(totally playing, this will be amazing with a full room of friends)

I, for one, can't stop laughing at how the Mom runs out the window of her own child's bedroom after watching him sleep.

Please let this happen in Smash.

RagnarokX

holy crap. That is genius. I was watching videos and I thought she only appeared at the window, tv, and door. LOL at coming in to watch tv.

Actually, she comes out of the TV, then she paces the room for like a 15 seconds staring at you. Then she watches TV. It's a boss round, basically.

Golnei

I'm a hardened survival horror player but I find this TERRIFYING

If she waits at the side of the stage like that, NOPE, just NOPE, nuh-uh, NOT PLAYING

(totally playing, this will be amazing with a full room of friends)

Mr. Sakamoto, tell me about your mother.

tumblr_mk9vij5q8V1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Seriously, this explains everything.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoNdIrbCA

zlCfzSeucEQrJedykq

"Pic of the day. Here’s a stage exclusive to the Wii U version: Gamer. Don’t let Mom find you while you’re duking it out!!"

zlCfzSeubckkXKj_Ww

"If Mom does spot you, she’ll scold you and blow you away!! …I’ve never seen a fighting action game as chaotic as this one."

OMFG

Daniel-Bryan.gif

I am sooooo happy guys. This is officially my favorite Smash 4 stage.

I love Game & Wario and felt it was very underappreciated. To see it represented with it's own stage, based on probably the best realized game in the collection is absolutely heartwarming.

Look at how creative it is! Look at the style and unique iinteractions! I want to run around my house but it's 4:30 am and my family is asleep.

Sakurai you've made me smile after a bit of a tough night.

Daniel-Bryan.gif

I am sooooo happy guys. This is officially my favorite Smash 4 stage.

I love Game & Wario and felt it was very underappreciated. To see it represented with it's own stage, based on probably the best realized game in the collection is absolutely heartwarming.

Look at how creative it is! Look at the style and unique iinteractions! I want to run around my house but it's 4:30 am and my family is asleep.

Sakurai you've made me smile after a bit of a tough night.

I'm fucking stoked about this stage. Game & Wario is one of my favorite multiplayer experiences ever, and this is a brilliant way to represent it. If only we could get another G&Wario stage (something with Fronks pls).

I'm sure the leaker will have some things to say now that this stage has been revealed. He's in a pretty safe position since "Game & Wario" is somewhat ambiguous. I wonder what he'll say.

Forkball

h990OCS.png

Where were you when RIDLEY WAS CONFIRMED!

GAME AND WARIO STAGE IS LISTED THERE!

Getting one stage right means nothing. Anyone could guess a Game and Wario stage. We already had a text dump of the 3DS ROM and it mentioned nothing about exchanging new characters.

Before E3 leak: Guys, Ridley is totally going to be in the game.
Post E3 leak: Guys, Ridley could still be in the game. That's not all of the characters.
3DS release: Guys, Ridley will be downloadable via Wii U transfer.
Wii U release: Guys, Ridley will be DLC.
DLC 1 release: Guys, Ridley will be in the next DLC.
DLC 2 release: Guys, Ridley will be in the next DLC.
Smash 5 announced: Guys, Ridley is totally going to be in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom