• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why? What name should they be using?

(I played like a quarter of Fever, and no RH other than that. I'm curious where they're featured and how the game refers to them.)

The official English name has always been Chorus Kids in RH.

The only time they're referred to as Chorus Men was in the Gematsu leak. And since then people have been riding on that. It strikes me odd since correct leaks got the names right.

If you can see the sun it's day time.

If you can't see the sun, it's night time.

Yes, if at any point you close your eyes, that's automatically night time.

lmao

but seriously compare Galaxy's box art to Galaxy 2, looks like night vs day almost

If you can see the sun it's day time.

If you can't see the sun, it's night time.

Yes, if at any point you close your eyes, that's automatically night time.

If I am outside and my eyes are open, they are receiving light from billions of stars. Stars are suns.

emb

If I'm in a binary star system is it double daytime? :p
Maybe.

Really, I guess terms should be adjusted to say 'if you can see 1 or more sun(s)' rather than 'the' sun. Then we survive with a still binary day-night system. :D

The only time they're referred to as Chorus Men was in the Gematsu leak. And since then people have been riding on that. It strikes me odd since correct leaks got the names right.
Thanks. Weird that Gematsu got it wrong though. I wish things didn't have to be kept so secretive, and we were somehow allowed to hear the whole story behind those leaks after the game was out.
If I am outside and my eyes are open, they are receiving light from billions of stars. Stars are suns.
My life is so hard.

Ok, 'if you can see 1 or more stars within your own solar system' then it's daytime.

VegiHam

Maybe.

Really, I guess terms should be adjusted to say 'if you can see 1 or more sun(s)' rather than 'the' sun. Then we survive with a still binary day-night system. :D

Thanks. Weird that Gematsu got it wrong though. I wish things didn't have to be kept so secretive, and we were somehow allowed to hear the whole story behind those leaks after the game was out.

My life is so hard.

Ok, 'if you can see 1 or more stars within your own solar system' then it's daytime.
So if I've drifted far enough out that I don't count as being in any solar system, is it night time?

They're Chorus Men in Japan, right? And I think it's even printer in normal text that way?

Cryxok

Amazing stage, my favorite so far~

h990OCS.png

Where were you when RIDLEY WAS CONFIRMED!

GAME AND WARIO STAGE IS LISTED THERE!

While I doubt this rumor, it makes me drool for the potential Dyna Blade boss battle and HD Magicant. I love Dyna Blade
piq_53109_400x400.png

Mariolee

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Pikmin 3 stage, New Super Mario Bros. U stage, Sonic Lost World stage. Game & Wario stage was to be expected. It only slightly increases credibility. Don't go about acting like it's all confirmed.

Mark my words: this "leak" is total bull.

A Game & Wario stage was to be expected (but it's awesome news regardless). It doesn't raise credibility of the rumor much, just a tiny bit.

Oh all ye of little faith.

OMG! Isn't this in one of the leaks for stages?

I take this more as a soft deconfirmation of the leak than anything.

If he actually called the name "Gamer," then he'd be onto something, but the name "Game and Wario" implies a more general Game & Wario stage, like a more modern Wario Ware stage. If he was detailed enough to call the new Game and Watch stage "Green House," he probably wouldn't have made this slip-up.

Besides, I predicted this exact same stage, down to the evil mom, a while back in a Skype chat. This means I am officially more credible than this guy, so prepare your butts Lip, Donbe & Hikari, and Ayumi Tachibana come November. (This is a joke I know nothing.)

This leak came out before Castle Siege was confirmed correct? So far he's been 2 for 2 in terms of getting stages revealed right. Yes it could just be lucky/logical guesses but the more lucky/logical guesses he gets the more genuine his leak will look. Obviosly a confirmed tower of smash confirms this 100%

emb

So if I've drifted far enough out that I don't count as being in any solar system, is it night time?
Yes.

I take this more as a soft deconfirmation of the leak than anything.

If he actually called the name "Gamer," then he'd be onto something, but the name "Game and Wario" implies a more general Game & Wario stage, like a more modern Wario Ware stage. If he was detailed enough to call the new Game and Watch stage "Green House," he probably wouldn't have made this slip-up.

Besides, I predicted this exact same stage, down to the evil mom, a while back in a Skype chat. This means I am officially more credible than this guy, so prepare your butts Lip, Donbe & Hikari, and Ayumi Tachibana come November. (This is a joke I know nothing.)
Stop trying to cover it up. It's on the Internet now, everyone knows.

georly

This leak came out before Castle Siege was confirmed correct? So far he's been 2 for 2 in terms of getting stages revealed right. Yes it could just be lucky/logical guesses but the more lucky/logical guesses he gets the more genuine his leak will look. Obviosly a confirmed tower of smash confirms this 100%

Game and wario stage isn't specific enough for me. Leak is just as likely fake as it is true.
No reason to believe it until we get more info.

I'll say the same about the Ninka/Vaanrose leak. There was no reason to believe it was true until we got more info. Once we did, it became apparent that the remaining parts were legitimate.

The same is true for this leak. We need it to never fail AND we need specifics confirmed, like tower of smash.

emb

Game and wario stage isn't specific enough for me. Leak is just as likely fake as it is true.

I'll say the same about the Ninka/Vaanrose leak. There was no reason to believe it was true until we got more info. Once we did, it became apparent that the remaining parts were legitimate.

The same is true for this leak. We need it to never fail AND we need specifics confirmed, like tower of smash.
Nah, this is much more likely to be fake than it is to be true. Same for any (mostly) unsubstantiated leak. Until something specific/unexpected from a leak comes true, the odds are highly against them.

For sure, I'm just pointing out that since its been out nothing we've seen has hard deconfirmed it only supported it

Also I don't consider the "called it game and wario its called gamer" to be a strike for or against it, we all thought gematsu = 100% when it called them mii fighters right before e3.

Just a matter of waiting and seeing

emb

It's both.
That's possible right?
Hmmm, no. If that's a real star, it's day time. If it's just a ki blast modeled after the sun, then it's night time. I tend to expect the later. Stars aren't usually that small and I'd expect them to give off more light.
Ask your local astronomer though.

For sure, I'm just pointing out that since its been out nothing we've seen has hard deconfirmed it only supported it

Also I don't consider the "called it game and wario its called gamer" to be a strike for or against it, we all thought gematsu = 100% when it called them mii fighters right before e3.

Just a matter of waiting and seeing

That's because Gematsu had already gotten a bunch of non-obvious picks right

georly

Nah, this is much more likely to be fake than it is to be true. Same for any (mostly) unsubstantiated leak. Until something specific/unexpected from a leak comes true, the odds are highly against them.

True, don't know why I said that. It's still early this morning. All leaks are more likely fake than true, just because of how easy it is to make one.

Game & Wario stage looks sweet. I'm a bit more interested in seeing the FD version, though - hopefully it keeps some of the awesome lightning while nixing how the main version looks incredibly intrusive to actual fighting!

I hope that "leak" turns out to be fake. I want Ridley and all, but not if he has to grow his wings. That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard in relationship to everyone's favorite giant purple dragon.

Jawmuncher

Beautiful. Didn't know they'd make a box for it.

Still amazes me were actually getting GC Pads for this smash.
Really thought they were going to push people into buying the WiiU Pro Controller or releasing a GC variant for it.

What what? I said it's one of the best games in the collection??

Ok got ya. Read the wasn't wrong.
I've been known to read wrong in smash threads. I recall I thought Mrsaturn99 here helped with mother development.
When in reality he was just asking about music.

emb

Still amazes me were actually getting GC Pads for this smash.
Really thought they were going to push people into buying the WiiU Pro Controller or releasing a GC variant for it.
I'm really glad they didn't go this route. This way I can get one controller and use it for Melee/Brawl/PM/Smash 4, rather than carrying two controllers whenever I want to play Smash 4 + one of those other games.
Though for about a month I'll still have to carry an extra controller to play Smash 4. :\

No one was denying his first leak, people were skeptical on his second leak, and when his 3rd link renamed miis into mii fighters it drew more attention to the 3rd and 2nd leaks

I think all his info was correct, it was just dated. Chorus Men were clearly a character at some point in development, it's totally obvious. That just leaves Chrom as the odd ball in the leak, but he could have been planned as well and cut for whatever reason.

Do anyone have source for Sakurai's hates for WarioLand? I really find it hard to believe.

Well, all Wario-related in Smash comes from the Ware series. There is absolutely nothing referencing Wario Land (even Wario's hold from the Land series has been removed and replaced by a generic punch). There are no attacks, stages, helpers, trophys or music at all coming from the Land series. Which is very disappointing if we consider how mch potential does that franchise has in matter of Wario's habilities (vampire, zombie, fire, flat, bouncy, fat...), enemies, music and stages.

In Brawl times it could be defended, because Wario Land 4 was very far and the series seemed to be dead. However, after Brawl we received WL Shake It, but Sakurai still refuses to represent that saga. He even chooses to represent that shitty Game & Wario before anything Land-related.

And the worst Wario game in the series gets a new stage. I'll be fucking ecstatic if Captain Syrup shows up as a Sticker at this point.

Do anyone have source for Sakurai's hates for WarioLand? I really find it hard to believe.

No moves
No music
No stages
No Smash Run enemies
No Stickers
No Trophies
No Assist Trophies
No acknowledgement in Wario's trophy description

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
t1414587600z4.png

Until Nintendo's Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing for FY 2014. The earnings release itself happens on the day before, the 29th of October (JST). This is most likely the absolute latest we will get a release date announcement. They would be nuts to not have the game out before Black Friday (November 28).

We will likely get news about QOL and that console they are developing for emerging markets then as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom