• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

The leak is real. Ridley is real. Itshappening.gif

Don't ruin this for me.

Uzl2pTb.jpeg

jph139

I think the stage specifically being named "Gamer" pretty much wipes out the "leak" in my mind. It was already an "almost definitely not why are we even talking about this" but now it's like, c'mon, really?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl -> Wario Land: Shake It -> Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U

A three second sound clip that was originally from Brawl is such a great representation of the game. I was hoping we would get a Shake It stage or Assist Trophy, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

You're comparing a Link palette swap to a critically acclaimed series of games that has been virtually ignored for the past 15 years. I don't even know why I bothered responding to you in the first place. If you're going to obtuse about this, then there's no point.
Are you suggesting that the early Zelda games weren't critically acclaimed?

Caladrius

The correct answer is Spirit Tracks Toon Link.

And Impa is the best possible choice we have for a Zelda newcomer at this point. If there was gonna be one, it'd probably be her.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This leak came out before Castle Siege was confirmed correct? So far he's been 2 for 2 in terms of getting stages revealed right. Yes it could just be lucky/logical guesses but the more lucky/logical guesses he gets the more genuine his leak will look. Obviosly a confirmed tower of smash confirms this 100%

The leak came out after Castle Siege.

But who'd replace him? Anthony Higgs?

We covered this in a previous OT. The answer is clearly Alfonzo using a makeshift set of wings that he flaps to fly. He'll drop cannonballs and you'll hear Salvatore's (?) voice (the Battleship-like minigame guy from Wind Waker) say "Ker-ploosh!" if a hit is landed. Upon closer inspection of the Alfonzley, you'll find Salvatore operating the makeshift tail =]

Eeeeh. "Game and Wario" is too vague a title for a stage. Getting a new Wario themed stage was inevitable to begin with, with Game and Wario being the most recent, Wii U exclusive Wario title, so I can't put too much credibility into that leak. I'm staying neutral for this, as I did the last one.

People are really willing to cling onto anything huh.....

Anything to keep the Ridley dream alive. Huhuh.

Platy

Smash.miiverse has 2 diferent tomodachi trophys, one pal and one eua.

....and they seem equal to me.

What are the diferences ?

Eeeeh. "Game and Wario" is too vague a title for a stage. Getting a new Wario themed stage was inevitable to begin with, with Game and Wario being the most recent, Wii U exclusive Wario title, so I can't put too much credibility into that leak. I'm staying neutral for this, as I did the last one.

And it is not a GAME & WARIO stage like the Wario Ware stage is.

Clov

As much as I'd like the leak to be real, this hasn't confirmed anything just yet. We'll know for certain one way or another soon enough.

New stage looks great though! Looks like lots of fun!

Timeaisis

Smash Wii U is going to be like the best thing ever, isn't it?

Going from the 3DS reviews every complaint is that it's limited by it's handheld nature. God, it's going to be a long wait.

Caladrius

I want the leak to be real but I don't.

Other M Ridley ugh.......

At the very least palette swaps could fix the atrocious color scheme, and there's always creative liberties that could be taken with the design.

Though either way I'd take it over no Ridley (especially if it meant a chance for a better Ridley design to be used in the future.)

Smash.miiverse has 2 diferent tomodachi trophys, one pal and one eua.

....and they seem equal to me.

What are the diferences ?

May have different text between regions.

A Bowser Castle stage seems like a stage that should've been in the series for a while now considering that Bowser has been a character for the past 3 games.

Akai

At the very least palette swaps could fix the atrocious color scheme, and there's always creative liberties that could be taken with the design.

Though either way I'd take it over no Ridley (especially if it meant a chance for a better Ridley design to be used in the future.).

It always amuses me when people harp on Ridley's Other M design in particular when the only decent Ridley design is Retro's Meta Ridley. Every other Ridley in existence looks super dumb...

Akai

Even Zero Mission Ridley?

Zero Mission Ridley still has a stupidly big head that is as big as his body, IN ADDITION to clown feet and his pitiful cupid wings. So yes, even Zero Mission Ridley...

(I also want to note that I actually LOVE Ridley as the feral villain that he is, but he's not some amazing epitome of character design that so many Metroid fans make him out to be...)

Caladrius

But... why would you have smashville and town and city? They're basically the same thing.

You could ask something similar for Stadium + Stadium 2 in Brawl. (Those admittedly are fairly different, but the idea is nearly the same)

If the first thing they did was port the Brawl code it couldn't have been very hard for them to get Smashville working.

Zero Mission Ridley still has a stupidly big head that is as big as his body, IN ADDITION to clown feet and his pitiful cupid wings. So yes, even Zero Mission Ridley...

(I also want to note that I actually LOVE Ridley as the feral villain that he is, but he's not some amazing epitome of character design that so many Metroid fans make him out to be...)

You're looking at the sprites, I'm looking at the concept art.

Ridley_(Zero_Mission).png

The wings are problematic but otherwise ZM Ridley isn't very outlandish.

Lunar15

You could ask something similar for Stadium + Stadium 2 in Brawl. (Those admittedly are fairly different, but the idea is nearly the same)

If the first thing they did was port the Brawl code it couldn't have been very hard for them to get Smashville working.

To me it's closer to having Battlefield (Brawl) and Battlefield (4). They're the exact same thing.

Zubz

Banned

Hey, there's still a chance here. But damn. I'm still doubting this leak, but it hasn't been refuted yet. I really don't want to see Other M Ridley. I mean, we already know Other M Ridley's in the game thanks to our Direct Analysts, but aren't they aware how reviled that design was? Hopefully Super Metroid Ridley's an alt, if this does end up being true, or that Roidley's a boss and the actual, OG Ridley's a playable character.

Because, again, look at it:
20100925182819!Ridley_mom.png

Thankfully, that's a clone, so if they are doing these 2 new Metroid games, they can just have a way for original Ridley to come back and then have him not look like that. Because Ridley didn't need to go to the gym for us. We loved him just the way he was.

... Or as a cyborg. Cyborg Ridley was cool, too.

Timeaisis

Other M Ridley is better than no Ridley. There's always a chance for a reskin or alternate colors. I don't think Other M Ridley would be as hideous if:

a) he wasn't that ghastly purple
b) he wasn't in low resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom