• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

He says he voiced him in the "trailer" and "in the game for the parts that Chrom is in it."

I expect he's seen the trailer and knows the difference there.

Yeah, Matt Mercer knows what he's talking about as far as Smash goes. Dude's a huge geek, made There Will be Brawl - he even talks about how Robin has a unique fighting style and how Lucina is a good choice since there's already a lot of male characters.

Here's a rough transcript of what he says:

"Speaking of Smash Bros., the fact they revealed Chrom as kinda being in the game I'm really happy about. I voiced him in the trailer and in the game... for the parts that Chrom is in it... and I'm kinda excited because there are parts of the story that kinda deal with Chrom not happy that he's not actually in the game."

Definitely sounds like a lot more than "I guess I'll have my chance another day" and generic Final Smash stuff. Whether it's a full-fledged "story mode" or just some Codec-style conversations or whatever, who knows. Maybe there's an Adventure Mode with post-game cutscenes like Marvel vs. Capcom and stuff.

Golnei

The only things I would change is the size of the wings, the arms a bit shorter and hopefully lankier and the beak have more of a hook at the end to make him more like a pteradon.
Ridley-Alt01_zps116c0468.png

I'd probably also change the neck to give him the bend, reshape his head to fit his previous appearances, a proper set of teeth to remedy his meth mouth, and a more uniform skin texture reminiscent of the one he had in Brawl in addition to that.

Golnei

As long as they're as wild as Tekken ending cutscenes.

Now I'm going to be really disappointed when this doesn't happen...

What combinations of Ridley would you guys want/ make?

Meta-Ridley's nearly perfect, so I'll use him as the base.

From here, I'd add a couple of organic parts -

Fusion Ridley's lower jaw and tail:

Brawl Ridley's claws and colour scheme:

ZM Ridley's torso:

And the abomination's wings, with a subtler hexagon pattern offset by veins.

Meta-Ridley's nearly perfect, so I'll use him as the base.

From here, I'd add a couple of organic parts -

Fusion Ridley's lower jaw and tail:

Brawl Ridley's claws and colour scheme:

ZM Ridley's torso:

And the abomination's wings, with a subtler hexagon pattern offset by veins.

Can someone PhotoShop this together?

emb

I lost a bet and I've accepted my new avatar graciously.

I've even resisted cleaning it up.
Ahahaha. The fact that it needs cleanup and you can't do it makes it fun.

(What was the bet regarding? Anything Smash related? Edit: Nevermind, got it.)

Guys I don't follow this much so please bear with me. Sakurai clearly knows that Ridley was the most wanted new character. Would he really just outright ignore all the fans?: The size issue is irrelevant, they could easily resize him to Dedede size or even a bit bigger. Is it at all possible that there are super secret characters yet to be unlocked, like the old school Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat days? In other words, Ridley could still be in the game, just super well hidden to preserve an awesome surprise? Or is this completely out of the question? Has Sakurai commented on Ridley? What reason could there be to not have him? DLC? Can't be a BS excuse like the Ice Climbers.

Guys I don't follow this much so please bear with me. Sakurai clearly knows that Ridley was the most wanted new character. Would he really just outright ignore all the fans?: The size issue is irrelevant, they could easily resize him to Dedede size or even a bit bigger. Is it all possible that there are super secret characters yet to be unlocked, like the old school Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat days? In other words, Ridley could still be in the game, just super well hidden to preserve an awesome surprise? Or is this completely out of the question? Has Sakurai commented on Ridley? What reason could there be to not have him? DLC? Can't be a BS excuse like the Ice Climbers.

All-Stars mode completed, no Ridley playable.

He'll be a stage boss in the Wii U version, most likely.

All-Stars mode completed, no Ridley playable.

He'll be a stage boss in the Wii U version, most likely.

That's what I'm saying though. Beyond the All Stars Mode. A super secret character like Akuma or whatever back in the day. Sakurai is very well in tune with the community, he had to hear the requests, I don't know if I'd put it beyond him.

That's what I'm saying though. Beyond the All Stars Mode. A super secret character like Akuma or whatever back in the day. Sakurai is very well in tune with the community, he had to hear the requests, I don't know if I'd put it beyond him.
I would. No reason why he would take one of the most fan-requested characters and hide him away so pretty much nobody knows about it for weeks after the game's release.

Golnei

Guys I don't follow this much so please bear with me. Sakurai clearly knows that Ridley was the most wanted new character. Would he really just outright ignore all the fans?: The size issue is irrelevant, they could easily resize him to Dedede size or even a bit bigger. Is it at all possible that there are super secret characters yet to be unlocked, like the old school Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat days? In other words, Ridley could still be in the game, just super well hidden to preserve an awesome surprise? Or is this completely out of the question? Has Sakurai commented on Ridley? What reason could there be to not have him? DLC? Can't be a BS excuse like the Ice Climbers.

Ridley's really not all that popular. He's just a boss character from a D-tier series with limited regional popularity, one currently on hiatus, at that. His inclusion is more of a joke than anything, similar to the Alfonzo thing.

Sakurai rarely adds characters solely due to their popularity, and if he in fact did feel like buckling to fan demand, Ridley wouldn't be anywhere near one of the first characters chosen.

Ridley's really not all that popular. He's just a boss character from a D-tier series with limited regional popularity, one currently on hiatus, at that. People wanting him to be included is more of a joke than anything, similar to the supporters of K. Rool, Geno and Krystal.

Sakurai rarely adds characters solely due to their popularity, and if he in fact did feel like buckling to fan demand, Ridley wouldn't be anywhere near one of the first characters chosen.

He's mainly requested in the West, which translates to "wanted wordwide and most wanted character ever."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How long does it last?
30 years?
5th October.

Sakurai clearly knows that Ridley was the most wanted new character. Would he really just outright ignore all the fans?
There's like a gazzilion fan favourite characters so Sakurai will never be able to make them all happy. Ridley really isn't that special. It's just the same people over and over. What differentiates him is that he is easy to make fun of e.g. too big and these silly jokes always result in a response from the supporters which is why people keep telling them. Other requests don't result in this back and forth which is why there seems to be more talk on Ridley, but remove all the joking about and he probably isn't any more requested than other characters.

I mean I could start going on about eShop bag every day to push up its mentions. Doesn't stop it just being just being one supporter for it.

Zubz

Banned
I lost a bet and I've accepted my new avatar graciously.

I've even resisted cleaning it up.

Wait, so it's that easy to become king? Well then, let the Game of Thrones begin...

Also, I like how out of everyone to become a stage hazard/boss, we're getting her:
100px-5Volt.png

I mean I could start going on about eShop bag every day to push up its mentions. Doesn't stop it just being just being one supporter for it.
Make that two supporters. eShop bag has a legitimate chance! Not only is he a recent character, but he represents the whole downloadable aspect of Nintendo's recent games far better than Mallo, Dillon, or Rusty combined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom