• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to be related to the Amiibos.
I can't see any other reason why they wouldn't tell us yet.
You're not going to cannibalize sales of Smash 3DS by telling people when the WiiU game comes out.

Marketing is a really specific and peculiar thing. Usually it doesn't follow logic. Nintendo probably wants to wait for the 3DS version to come out and then hold an unveiling of some kind for the Wii U release date. They might want to have another direct.

Or maybe all it is is they want to be positive the game will be done.

November 21st is a really great day though. One week before Black Friday, same day as the Gen3makes, one week before I have a surgery where I have to stay home for a week.

Quick poll: How long until Nintendo confirms the November 21st release date for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?
A) Before the worldwide release of the 3DS version (before Oct. 3)
B) Within the week after the worldwide release of the 3DS version (Oct. 3 - Oct. 9)
C) By the end of October (Oct. 10 - Oct. 31)
D) Early November (Nov. 1 - Nov. 21)
E) It's not coming out on Nov. 21

EDIT:
A)
B)
C) Ahnez, exfatal, theprodigy (is a flip-flop)
D)
E)
E of course.

Quick poll: How long until Nintendo confirms the November 21st release date for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?
B) Within the week after the worldwide release of the 3DS version (Oct. 3 - Oct. 9)

EDIT:
A)
B)
D)
E) PreyingShark

D

I wanna be the contrarian.

Gvaz

Banned
I have no idea why this game has brought so much competitive stuff out of people. It kind of irks me. I just like playing casually, I don't want to min max and I have never once cared about learning animations or frames.

Zubz

Banned

EDIT:
A)
B)
D)
E) PreyingShark

This doesn't force us into an Avatar Bet, does it? Because I'm still wearing Uncle Jessie's mug for another week. If not, then B.

Also, there still hasn't been a Metroid since Other M. Mr. Higgs' future is up in the air. Just saying.

Zomba13

I expect a release date announcment some time in Oct after the 3DS release in all regions. They want to keep the Wii U release vauge so people start to think "huh, maybe it's been delayed to next year. It's probably been delayed" and will pick up the 3DS version instead (maybe even a 3DS console too) rather than wait and then they announce it and get some of them to double dip. Then there are people like a bunch on GAF who will be getting both anyway and don't really care about the release date of the Wii U version because we'd have 3DS version to tide us over.

I have no idea why this game has brought so much competitive stuff out of people. It kind of irks me. I just like playing casually, I don't want to min max and I have never once cared about learning animations or frames.
People like different things, does that bother you?

Mariolee

EDIT:
A) Jawmuncher
B) Zubz
C) Ahnez, exfatal, theprodigy
D) KLatin Scelus
E) PreyingShark

Too easy. C.

Growlie19

I'm leaning towards C. Revealing the release date so soon after Sm4sh 3D would certainly affect sales. Mid-late October would be ideal.

on SmashGAF, of course

Kappa

3Q3fy1e.png

Vuapol

Nintendo will probably give the 3DS version a week or two to breath before announcing the Nov. 21 release date. And announcing the release date with a couple weeks to go is crazy. I say C.

Put me down for C, I highly doubt they think a release date would hurt their sales after seeing the numbers they put up in their first week.

in other news.....watched a video of the Mii fighters movesets....yeah they look pretty over-powered, but extremely fun. A couple of the Brawler's moves did over 30 damage with not nearly enough start up or end-lag. (a move very similar to the falcon punch/warlock punch was putting up 40 damage and I think looked like it was coming out a bit faster than either of those said punches)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Definitely C for the release date. Don't want to take the wind out of the 3DS game sales, but it also would be really weird to announce it in November if the game is a few weeks after that.

-Horizon-

Ridley-chan is so moé

RidleyShota3.png
WzxqgAI.gif

EDIT:
A) Jawmuncher
B) Zubz
C) Ahnez, exfatal, theprodigy, Mariolee, Growlie19
D) KLatin Scelus
E) PreyingShark

The answer is always C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom