• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Ridley being pushed as hard as he is is largely a by-product of having no brand-new Metroid characters ever being added to the series. Being one of the only regulars that A: Has limbs and B: Isn't as large as a building are also factors.

Ridley-chan is so moé

RidleyShota3.png

(◕‿◕✿)

Caladrius killed BGBW confirmed

murderer!

I ain't that evil.

5th October.

I actually said the Second of October.

Zubz

Banned
Need a new Metroid rep that isn't too big?
2442714-1911574311-remem.gif

Zubz is going to be mad.

I'm not mad; I'd actually be okay with Anthony and want him as a 4th rep for Metroid. He's just the only character I honestly remember you supporting, and I thought he was an odd pick. Honestly, if he's a P2 character in one of the new Metroids, I'd be happy.

Neiteio

I seriously can't get over how great the Gamer stage looks. Visually, it's amazing. The mom is hilarious. And it looks like it'll be an absolute riot with a room full of friends.

Depending on which way the mom shines her light, those shadows will change up the safe zones. If she's looking straight on from the window, I imagine you'll have to be front and center behind the books. If she's on the left, you can be center and to the right of the books; vice-versa if she's on the right; and if she appears on either side of the table (like in Game & Wario where she'd appear right next to 9-Volt's head), I imagine the only safe zone is on the complete opposite of the stage.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I found Hades to be super annoying in Uprising, but that's just me.

And fratricide, especially if everyone is a "Smash brother."

He's my posting rival, so he's taking the chance to mock me.

I don't recall saying anything bad about Bandana Dee... I don't think the idea is great though. Maybe I said Prince Fluff would be the better character?
Higgs wasn't actually a character I proposed myself - I believe Jawmuncher came up with the idea? Never played Other M (or any game in the series), but I've watched the cutscenes and my friends tell me he's the best thing about the game. He would be the first black character in too, so that's cool.

Characters I support:
-Paper Mario
-Prince Fluff
-Chibi Robo

Characters I somewhat jokingly support:
-Tingle
-Doshin the Giant
-Savvy Stylist

Characters I think could be cool or might work, but I don't care too much about:
-Plasm Wraith
-Anthony Higgs

I don't mind to see Savvy Stylist since someone suggested that in very old thread and I thought it would be hilarious to see.

Yeah, Matt Mercer knows what he's talking about as far as Smash goes. Dude's a huge geek, made There Will be Brawl - he even talks about how Robin has a unique fighting style and how Lucina is a good choice since there's already a lot of male characters.

Here's a rough transcript of what he says:

"Speaking of Smash Bros., the fact they revealed Chrom as kinda being in the game I'm really happy about. I voiced him in the trailer and in the game... for the parts that Chrom is in it... and I'm kinda excited because there are parts of the story that kinda deal with Chrom not happy that he's not actually in the game."

Definitely sounds like a lot more than "I guess I'll have my chance another day" and generic Final Smash stuff. Whether it's a full-fledged "story mode" or just some Codec-style conversations or whatever, who knows. Maybe there's an Adventure Mode with post-game cutscenes like Marvel vs. Capcom and stuff.

I'm looking forward to the cutscenes showing Ridley not happy with him not being in this and the past three games.

I'm not mad; I'd actually be okay with Anthony and want him as a 4th rep for Metroid. He's just the only character I honestly remember you supporting, and I thought he was an odd pick. Honestly, if he's a P2 character in one of the new Metroids, I'd be happy.
While not my original idea (I think it was Jawmuncher's?), I like supporting Anthony, especially when bringing up potential playable Metroid characters.
I honestly think he was intended to be a series regular, considering his involvement in Samus' past, and the fact that he's the only survivor in Other M. Had Other M not gotten such fan backlash, he probably would've been back.
Anthony getting in would be earth scattering for me. I'm talking just about snake levels here folks.
I don't think it's too unlikely.

Ridley's really not all that popular. He's just a boss character from a D-tier series with limited regional popularity, one currently on hiatus, at that. His inclusion is more of a joke than anything, similar to the Alfonzo thing.

Are you sure?

I literally can't go to any smash forum that doesn't involve wanting Ridley.

From what I can tell, he's one of the most wanted characters from the countless polls that I've seen, and it seems that demand for him increases for every Smash game.

There's also the fact that he had the honor of being a boss twice in Subspace Emissary. If you would call that an honor.

His popularity might be because of America's liking for more realistic/ darker series like LoZ and Metroid.

Sure he wouldn't be in the top 5, but he would be close in terms of characters that are actually possible to be added into the roster.

Quick poll: How long until Nintendo confirms the November 21st release date for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?
A) Before the worldwide release of the 3DS version (before Oct. 3)
B) Within the week after the worldwide release of the 3DS version (Oct. 3 - Oct. 9)
C) By the end of October (Oct. 10 - Oct. 31)
D) Early November (Nov. 1 - Nov. 21)
E) It's not coming out on Nov. 21

Poll ends whenever the release date is officially announced.

Results:
A) Jawmuncher
B) Zubz, Timeaisis, Beelzebufo, The Captain
C) Ahnez, exfatal, theprodigy, Mariolee, Growlie19, Vuapol, voltronbadA, Papercuts, -Horizon-
D) KLatin Scelus
E) PreyingShark

Ahnez

Quick poll: How long until Nintendo confirms the November 21st release date for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?
B) Within the week after the worldwide release of the 3DS version (Oct. 3 - Oct. 9)
C, in a Direct

:3

exfatal

May i use a life line?
option C

Are you sure?

I literally can't go to any smash forum that doesn't involve wanting Ridley.

That's because Ridley has become a "thing". People strongly overreact to those that say things like "He's too big" or "How would he even work?" or "He's a minor character", and this comes across as people wanting him in - I think in reality people just want to believe that no character is off the table

He doesn't even place in the only polls that matter, ie, polls that Nintendo actually looks at (in Japan)

That's because Ridley has become a "thing". People strongly overreact to those that say things like "He's too big" or "How would he even work?" or "He's a minor character", and this comes across as people wanting him in - I think in reality people just want to believe that no character is off the table

He doesn't even place in the only polls that matter, ie, polls that Nintendo actually looks at (in Japan)

That's why I still believe Master Chief can still happen; he's the best 3rd party rep at this point!

EDIT:
A)
B)
C) Ahnez, exfatal
D)
E)

lol I wonder how many people will pick E

E is very likely actually

but I want to believe :p

All signs seem to point to November 21, but Nintendo refuses to confirm it.
pls, I'm going With C

Alright, change made.

EDIT:
A)
B)
C) Ahnez, exfatal, theprodigy (is a flip-flop)
D)
E)

Jawmuncher

All signs seem to point to November 21, but Nintendo refuses to confirm it.

It has to be related to the Amiibos.
I can't see any other reason why they wouldn't tell us yet.
You're not going to cannibalize sales of Smash 3DS by telling people when the WiiU game comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom