• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
I seriously can't get over how great the Gamer stage looks. Visually, it's amazing. The mom is hilarious. And it looks like it'll be an absolute riot with a room full of friends.

Depending on which way the mom shines her light, those shadows will change up the safe zones. If she's looking straight on from the window, I imagine you'll have to be front and center behind the books. If she's on the left, you can be center and to the right of the books; vice-versa if she's on the right; and if she appears on either side of the table (like in Game & Wario where she'd appear right next to 9-Volt's head), I imagine the only safe zone is on the complete opposite of the stage.

Ditto! I can see my friends complaining about this stage because they hated WarioWare, so they might hate the ever-watching Momma gimmick.

And I didn't notice that about the shadows; I guess there'll be more safe spots than I thought! And I do hope she gets close to the stage like she did in-game, or do something where she sits down to watch TV. I wonder if they'll have the fake-out jump scares like a cat opening the door or an old man wearing a wig passing by the window instead of 5-Volt.

I also realized that the 5-Volt trophy's going to be great because it'll probably cover normal 5-Volt, shadow 5-Volt, and demoness 5-Volt all in trophy. I wonder if it'll explain why she's scolding Smash Bros. players now, too.

WzxqgAI.gif

Did we just out-anime you? Is that a thing?

I seriously can't get over how great the Gamer stage looks. Visually, it's amazing. The mom is hilarious. And it looks like it'll be an absolute riot with a room full of friends.

Depending on which way the mom shines her light, those shadows will change up the safe zones. If she's looking straight on from the window, I imagine you'll have to be front and center behind the books. If she's on the left, you can be center and to the right of the books; vice-versa if she's on the right; and if she appears on either side of the table (like in Game & Wario where she'd appear right next to 9-Volt's head), I imagine the only safe zone is on the complete opposite of the stage.

I agree, this stage looks fantastic. I just imagine people trying to throw each other out of the safe zone while trying to stay hidden themselves.

That stage is sure to cause some chaos.

Son Of D

Recently I went a bit overboard writing a moveset and everything for Warrior of Light (from Final Fantasy 1) in Smash.

It's based on his Alt 2 from Dissidia:

Click him for the moveset and details.

Veeboy

Recently I went a bit overboard writing a moveset and everything for Warrior of Light (from Final Fantasy 1) in Smash.

It's based on his Alt 2 from Dissidia:

Click him for the moveset and details.
I really love the concept. You put a nice moveset together (although the alt selection may be slightly overboard, but I get why you did that).

So hey...fanart.
super_smash_sisters_by_thebourgyman-d80l93k.jpg

Quoting from the 3DS OT just in case some people here don't visit there regularly.

Daisy makes this roster factually better than Smash 4's roster.
Oh god I'm joking put the pitchfork down!
still a disturbing lack of Impa tho

I really love the concept. You put a nice moveset together (although the alt selection may be slightly overboard, but I get why you did that).

Quoting from the 3DS OT just in case some people here don't visit there regularly.

No Viridi or Anna is a 0/10.

You are shitting me. "Super Smash Sis." ?! Not "Super Bash Sisters," the joke from Kid Icarus: Uprising?!
0/10

pauline's iconic and her moveset practically writes herself. can't say the same for ms. loli and moonlight's waifu

also you be quiet theprodigy I bet you're not even a prodigy.......

Not called Super Bash Sisters = FAIL

But seriously, would buy Day 0

the name of the characters, 5volt is the mother and 9volt is the kid. He has a friend named 18volt.

I know that, but the sentence "5volt made it in before 9volt" was said earlier. I thought it was a reference to something.

I'm pretty happy Sakurai decided not to include Krystal in once again. Hopefully Miyamoto completely ignores her in "Star Fox U."

Jawmuncher

I have no feelings for Krystal. Wouldn't mind her but not going out of my way to support her in any entry.

Would be nice to have a star fox rep that has a completely new move set though. Wolf has been the closest so far.

The lighting on the Game & Wario stage is so cool! It makes me hopeful in us getting a Sunset level from DKCR as a stage.
If they announce this as a stage, I would be so happy.
I hope they do something interesting with the Donkey Kong stage this time around, not just a jungle.

I would honestly be okay with a Sunset Shore stage that turns the characters into one solid color (think Mr. Game & Watch's alts) instead of specifying specific characteristics. It would just be a cool level visually.
Having normal characters on top of a black background would look really weird though.
I have no feelings for Krystal. Wouldn't mind her but not going out of my way to support her in any entry.

Would be nice to have a star fox rep that has a completely new move set though. Wolf has been the closest so far.
Krystal is one of those few characters that I actively do not want in.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I know that, but the sentence "5volt made it in before 9volt" was said earlier. I thought it was a reference to something.

I'm pretty happy Sakurai decided not to include Krystal in once again. Hopefully Miyamoto completely ignores her in "Star Fox U."

It's more of a comment on how the fanboy character still isn't in while his mom got in lol

While I don't like Krystal as well, she's already there.

Jawmuncher

I don't really have any characters I absolutely don't want to see in smash. They all work in their own way even odd additions like dark pit.

I already had a basically perfect roster once. So anyone making it in is bonus if I like them or at least neat if I don't care about that franchise.

Feltrol

Banned

You know Krystal would be the best Star Fox rep we could get that isn't a clone?

...she has a staff....

Jawmuncher

You know Krystal would be the best Star Fox rep we could get that isn't a clone?

...she has a staff....

I knew you would show up lol.
Like I said I wouldn't mind if she made it in or not. If she did, she would definitely so long as it wasn't last minute be a wholly original star fox character . Did she have the staff in assualt or only Dino planet?

Krystal is one of those characters where a Google image search with their name alone leaves you unsure as to what's fan art and what's official concept art.
I would hate to see her in.

I love the way Villager just gives no fucks about the angry demon mom right behind him.
"I'm just going to poke the ground with a stick."
One of the many reasons why Villager is my favorite newcomer this time around.

I knew you would show up lol.
Like I said I wouldn't mind if she made it in or not. If she did, she would definitely so long as it wasn't last minute be a wholly original star fox character . Did she have the staff in assualt or only Dino planet?
Just in the first 30 seconds of Adventures.

Veeboy

I don't really have any characters I absolutely don't want to see in smash. They all work in their own way even odd additions like dark pit.

I already had a basically perfect roster once. So anyone making it in is bonus if I like them or at least neat if I don't care about that franchise.

I have a similarly open mind when it comes to characters. I might not like Krystal or her design, but hey if some people want her then I'm glad those people would be happy.

The only character I would absolutely 100% oppose getting in smash would be Adam Malkovich, and there is no way hes getting in so I have nothing to worry about.

I love the way Villager just gives no fucks about the angry demon mom right behind him.
"I'm just going to poke the ground with a stick."
One of the many reasons why Villager is my favorite newcomer this time around.

The Mii in that hat made me thing of Monkey D. Luffy for a second...

I wonder how far we can take this.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'd argue that she never uses her staff anyway. 10-1 she'd end up looking more of a clone than Wolf. Then again Wolf is a standard who is hard to reach.

I have a similarly open mind when it comes to characters. I might not like Krystal or her design, but hey if some people want her then I'm glad those people would be happy.

The only character I would absolutely 100% oppose getting in smash would be Adam Malkovich, and there is no way hes getting in so I have nothing to worry about.

But... what if I want Adam Malkovich in? Why wouldn't you want me to be happy?

He would be so good - all of his moves would involve disabling the moves of his opponent!
Take his specials:
Neutral special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Side special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Up special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Down special: "You're not authorized to do that"

His Final Smash would be heroically detaching the stage from the inside and detonating it, which would seemingly KO everyone on it but in reality it does absolutely nothing.

The lighting on the Game & Wario stage is so cool! It makes me hopeful in us getting a Sunset level from DKCR as a stage.

This would be awesome...But silhouette versions for everyone might make things difficult. Would have to have some sort of identifying maker like DKs red tie for everyone.

This would be awesome...But silhouette versions for everyone might make things difficult. Would have to have some sort of identifying maker like DKs red tie for everyone.

At best, they could work on individualizing each character and outfit by highlighting specific parts and at worst, they could just do a solid color for each character.

More examples of the Villager just not giving a shit.
Total badass.

However, the title of "most badass Nintendo character" certainly belongs to Captain Falcon.
In F-Zero GX, Captain Falcon literally races against the creators of the universe and wins. Then he just walks off, totally not giving a shit.
And then of course there's this.

Is there anyone who can actually challenge that title?

Jawmuncher

Capt Falcon can officially have the title of most badass Nintendo character when we finally get a action/ racing game with him.

Veeboy

But... what if I want Adam Malkovich in? Why wouldn't you want me to be happy?

He would be so good - all of his moves would involve disabling the moves of his opponent!
Take his specials:
Neutral special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Side special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Up special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Down special: "You're not authorized to do that"

His Final Smash would be heroically detaching the stage from the inside and detonating it, which would seemingly KO everyone on it but in reality it does absolutely nothing.

I would actively try to never unlock Adam if he were included in smash bros.

Dude isn't good enough to be a punching bag.

Also, you forgot to add his taunt: "Any objections, Lady?"

I would honestly be okay with a Sunset Shore stage that turns the characters into one solid color (think Mr. Game & Watch's alts) instead of specifying specific characteristics. It would just be a cool level visually.
Having normal characters on top of a black background would look really weird though.

I dunno, I feel like the coloring of specific parts of the character is what makes the silhouette idea so cool. Like, I'd love to see Rosalina in that syle with her dress done the same way as DK's tie or Diddy's shirt and hat. The only problem (aside from having to create alternate costumes for all characters and their alts) would be that some characters would just be hard to do in that style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom