• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Hyrule Warriors is a lot of fun. I know I said it before but if we did get impa and she was somehow magically based of her HW design I would be all over that inclusion.

Honestly I wish that next Smash those are the designs for Zelda characters we see at least as Alts if anything. Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo know their designs.

Aside from the divisive other am Ridley which I liked. I felt all of their designs with samus in and out of uniform were superior to Nintendos as well.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
someone doesn't check Steam enough :p

Probably check it alot more once I upgrade to a gaming PC, probably play it alot more too, but once I start the browser games like left4dead2 shits the bed, so I have to play L4D2 on startup and not after I do shit on it

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hyrule Warriors is a lot of fun. I know I said it before but if we did get impa and she was somehow magically based of her HW design I would be all over that inclusion.

Honestly I wish that next Smash those are the designs for Zelda characters we see at least as Alts if anything. Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo know their designs.

Aside from the divisive other am Ridley which I liked. I felt all of their designs with samus in and out of uniform were superior to Nintendos as well.

tumblr_mbyynuivrg1rgwaazo4_250.gif

maybe I should have said 2014 games, you guys already listing Splatoon and Xenoblade X :p

2014 games, hmmmm.

Bayonetta 2 and.... that's about it. Going to pick up Fantasy Life tomorrow, and LittleBigPlanet 3, but those two aren't super hyped for me :p

2015 though. Bloodborne, Persona 5, Xenoblade X, Splatoon, Yoshi, Kirby, MGSV, Type-0 HD. Sogood.gif

Edit: Oh shit I forgot Pokemon ORAS and Persona Q. They're both somewhere between Bayo 2 and FL/LBP3 on the hype meter :p

Pyrokai

Omg....I don't agree at all. I feel like they're pretty generic. I think SS Impa has so much more personality. Also.... Cia feels so out of place to me :(

Omg....I don't agree at all. I feel like they're pretty generic. I think SS Impa has so much more personality. Also.... Cia feels so out of place to me :(

*grabs popcorn*

I don't really care either way

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is the second time I've seen someone say this - is this a reference to something?
Well I was one of those who said it earlier and I even posted a picture to go along with that comment. Basically the "story" behind Gamer is for 9-Volt to beat his mother's high score because she completely trashed his. So not only did she annihilate his highscore, she also beat him in getting into Smash Bros first. He's been a series staple whereas 5-Volt was first introduced in G&W. It's just kind of funny to see.

Jawmuncher

Everything seems fine to me.
Cia is a little bit off with the excess skin but everyone else I think works out great. Like I said above can't comment much on SS impa since I haven't play SS. Though redesigns in some scale would be brought since I can't see then having a SS design with the other unless it ends up being a shiek clone. Which is why toon link gets away with being able to have a different look from the other Zelda reps.

Like I said I wasn't asking for complete over take on the design. Would be fine with just a alt. Since we all thought there would be a lot more but apparently they skipped out on that. So alt DLC seems like it could be a thing as well.

Jawmuncher

Idk why, but I get the feeling that's a Project M leak. Even the original YouTube uploader doesn't know where it's from. Plus Ridley does a Melee air dodge.

I could be wrong though, but I really think that's a PM leak. :)

And it's a great Proof of concept for Ridley overall.

That's def project m.
Also he's still too big.

Hatchtag

Banned
Idk why, but I get the feeling that's a Project M leak. Even the original YouTube uploader doesn't know where it's from. Plus Ridley does a Melee air dodge.

I could be wrong though, but I really think that's a PM leak. :)

And it's a great Proof of concept for Ridley overall.

Too rough, I'd doubt it's from PM. Plus, a few of those moves are from older Ridley mods.

ALM5252

Too rough, I'd doubt it's from PM. Plus, a few of those moves are from older Ridley mods.

May be rough, but it could be a leak that was only meant for the PMBR. It's a WIP I'm sure. Mewtwo's animations were pretty rough in his reveal trailer, yet he is nice and fluid in 3.0.

And those moves are iconic Ridley stuff I'm sure, but his actual animations are unique. Older Ridley mods use the flying stationary animation.

Edit: Ofcourse that's just my speculation. Could be wrong. Haha

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
May be rough, but it could be a leak that was only meant for the PMBR. It's a WIP I'm sure. Mewtwo's animations were pretty rough in his reveal trailer, yet he is nice and fluid in 3.0.

And those moves are iconic Ridley stuff I'm sure, but his actual animations are unique. Older Ridley mods use the flying stationary animation.

Edit: Ofcourse that's just my speculation. Could be wrong. Haha

I thought they only had 5 more character slots to use or something? I'd love Ridley to be one of them but I thought the remaining characters were already leaked (and Ridley wasn't one of them).

Hatchtag

Banned

Yeah, but this is clearly based on mods dating back to as old as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vpkah44iBs (11 months ago). They use the same fireball effect.

I'm highly, highly doubtful that this was done by the PMBR. They don't usually base themselves around other people's mods (unless those people themselves work for the PMBR) and we've had no mention of Ridley in actual Project M leaks. They aren't going to do it.

I thought they only had 5 more character slots to use or something? I'd love Ridley to be one of them but I thought the remaining characters were already leaked (and Ridley wasn't one of them).

They did leak, but there's word that they've changed who they're adding at least somewhat since then.

Golnei

That Ridley reminds me a lot of this WIP moveset. It's partially based on that previous flying Ridley, which explains the similar moves.

ssbb___ridley_psa_wip_10_by_bagansmashbros-d80dbk4.png

ALM5252

Never seen the leaked characters other than the 3D model of the Advanced Wars girl (name slipped my mind).

Either way, that Ridley is looking nice and would enjoy it in my Project M build! :)

Jawmuncher

That Ridley reminds me a lot of this WIP moveset. It's partially based on that previous flying Ridley, which explains the similar moves.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/267/a/6/ssbb___ridley_psa_wip_10_by_bagansmashbros-d80dbk4.png[img][/QUOTE]

We comment on Ridley being too big.
But looking at that second image. Items seems like a issue now to. Sure this is fan made and the like. But how would Ridley look holding the gust blower ( whatever that edge weapon is called) and other stuff like the beam sword.

[quote="Hatchtag, post: 131851514"]Lyn, Sami, Knuckles, Isaac, Skull Kid.

Lyn and Knuckles are the most consistantly mentioned in the near-daily rumor threads on /v/. But of course it's /v/, so take it with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Sami would be very cool to see.

Golnei

But looking at that second image. Items seems like a issue now to. Sure this is fan made and the like. But how would Ridley look holding the gust blower ( whatever that edge weapon is called) and other stuff like the beam sword.

He could always use his mouth or his tail. Though with the build in that version, I wouldn't find it odd if he just gripped rifle-type weapons like the super scope and gust bellows with both claws like any other humanoid.

Jawmuncher

He could always use his mouth or his tail. Though with the build in that version, I wouldn't find it odd if he just gripped rifle-type weapons like the super scope and gust bellows with both claws like any other humanoid.

Using the tail would be cool. But humanoid carrying would be the easier route.

Moonlight

Banned
Seriously doubt that PM is risking creating Ridley when his odds are and have been for a while non-zero. Probably a mod unrelated to pretty much anything.

Mistle

tbh there's not a single HW design that I like more than the original. something about that game in general just looks off to me :/ canon zelda games look so unique but everything in HW feels generic.

Jawmuncher

tbh there's not a single HW design that I like more than the original. something about that game in general just looks off to me :/ canon zelda games look so unique but everything in HW feels generic.

I guess for me it's just seeing another side of Zelda design I suppose. Since this "generic" design is just what I've always wanted to see.

Mistle

I guess for me it's just seeing another side of Zelda design I suppose. Since this "generic" design is just what I've always wanted to see.

btw i didn't mean to sound like a parrot, i only now realised somebody else brought up a similar opinion.

of course everyone if free to like what they like, HW seems to be getting a lot of love so that's cool. i personally have yet to play it.

Golnei

It's generic in the same way as most fanart is, missing the spark of the original designs. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing - seeing the familiar Zelda cast reinterpreted as stylish, archetypical caricatures is half of the fun of Hyrule Warriors. Even if that aesthetic should never be brought over to a main game.

Jawmuncher

btw i didn't mean to sound like a parrot, i only now realised somebody else brought up a similar opinion.

of course everyone if free to like what they like, HW seems to be getting a lot of love so that's cool. i personally have yet to play it.

Nah its all good. We can't all like the same thing and so long as discussion isn't meant I see no issues if others feel the same way and want to share.

It's generic in the same way as most fanart is, missing the spark of the original designs. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing - seeing the familiar Zelda cast reinterpreted as stylish caricatures is half of the fun of Hyrule Warriors. Though that aesthetic should never be brought over to a main game.

I know for me I have no real attachment of any kind to the mainline Zelda designs. Thus something like HW if it was to become mainline somehow would be alright with me. But that's why I mainly just suggest for smash. Since I don't know why we still have the TP designs. Since like most before the reveal I thought they would be changing them to reflect the most recent game.

where did you see that?

Cool. Sami would be very cool to see.

how can ivysaur and duck hunt dog carry items?

Golnei

How did they carry items? I don't even remember.

Ivysaur used her vines, I haven't seen Duck Hunt's solution.

I know for me I have no real attachment of any kind to the mainline Zelda designs. Thus something like HW if it was to become mainline somehow would be alright with me. But that's why I mainly just suggest for smash. Since I don't know why we still have the TP designs. Since like most before the reveal I thought they would be changing them to reflect the most recent game.

They probably retained the TP designs in order to avoid redesigning Sheik and Ganondorf - perhaps the TP assets in that Wii U tech demo from a few years ago had something to do with it as well. Though we'll most likely get a full set of new designs for the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom