• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I feel like the coloring of specific parts of the character is what makes the silhouette idea so cool. Like, I'd love to see Rosalina in that syle with her dress done the same way as DK's tie or Diddy's shirt and hat. The only problem (aside from having to create alternate costumes for all characters and their alts) would be that some characters would just be hard to do in that style.
That would be the best option, but certain characters would be difficult - like Kirby, or Yoshi. Even DK wears the red tie for several alt colors.

Capt Falcon can officially have the title of most badass Nintendo character when we finally get a action/ racing game with him.

I'd love a game where Captain Falcon actually hunts bounties. He drives around the city, finding bad dudes and beating the shit out of them. He can also participate in races to earn more money. Said money could be used to pimp his ride.

Make it Nintendo. Captain Falcon deserves it.

Some Nintendo series that I would like to see rebooted:
Ice Climber - The world needs more couch coop games, and Nintendo seems to be the only one making them. I'd love to see a two-player coop platformer with the Ice Climbers, or really anything involving them.
Balloon Fight - Make this some kind of multiplayer eShop game with up to four people. It would be awesome.
Duck Hunt - My idea for a Duck Hunt reboot isn't going to happen now that we have Duck Hunt as a playable character. My original idea was fighting against an invading army of ducks with ridiculously overpowered weaponry, only to find out that the dog who you thought was your ally was actually commanding the ducks the whole time.

But... what if I want Adam Malkovich in? Why wouldn't you want me to be happy?

He would be so good - all of his moves would involve disabling the moves of his opponent!
Take his specials:
Neutral special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Side special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Up special: "You're not authorized to do that"
Down special: "You're not authorized to do that"

His Final Smash would be heroically detaching the stage from the inside and detonating it, which would seemingly KO everyone on it but in reality it does absolutely nothing.

*disable opponent's up special while they're off stage, laugh maniacally*

Not

Banned
Trying this thread because they're watching a stream in the other one: so if the Wii U-3DS connection rumors are true, shouldn't we be able to find the extra characters in the game's code, like Pokémon?

As if he's not already?
Already proved it earlier.
However, the title of "most badass Nintendo character" certainly belongs to Captain Falcon.
In F-Zero GX, Captain Falcon literally races against the creators of the universe and wins. Then he just walks off, totally not giving a shit.
And then of course there's this.

Is there anyone who can actually challenge that title?

Any songs people are hoping for in the Wii U version?
I'm hoping for Brawl's arrangement of the Pikmin world map theme, which I still find to be better than the new one.
Also hoping for the original version of Purpose (which is unlikely) and Hope (it never dies) from Fire Emblem Awakening. And of course the beach theme too.
Add every song in the 3DS version and I'd be perfectly content.

Sponge

Banned
I think Gamer might end up being my favorite new stage. I can pretend it's the kid's room from the Smash 64 intro!

VH86Iov.png

Trying this thread because they're watching a stream in the other one: so if the Wii U-3DS connection rumors are true, shouldn't we be able to find the extra characters in the game's code, like Pokémon?

Someone earlier gave a good explanation to why that may not be the case, but I can't remember what they said, nor can I find it.

I personally believe that Nintendo/ Sakurai is going to try their hardest to keep the characters as secret as possible. Maybe they got savvy about all the hacking/ data mining people did in Brawl?

If I had fan favorites like Mewtwo as playable characters, I would try my damndest to make sure no one finds out/ leaks it.

I think Gamer might end up being my favorite new stage. I can pretend it's the kid's room from the Smash 64 intro!

VH86Iov.png

Gotta love the scaling in Smash - Garden of Hope, Living Room, and now Gamer. It's like they're really tiny fighters.

Maybe a Project Giant Robot stage will suddenly make all the fighters really big, or a Doshin the Giant stage (though that should be a stage where you fight on Doshin).
Project Giant Robot is the game that reminds me of how much I want a Legendary Pictures Pacific Rim X Godzilla game.

Someone earlier gave a good explanation to why that may not be the case, but I can't remember what they said, nor can I find it.

I personally believe that Nintendo/ Sakurai is going to try their hardest to keep the characters as secret as possible. Maybe they got savvy about all the hacking/ data mining people did in Brawl?

If I had fan favorites like Mewtwo as playable characters, I would try my damndest to make sure no one finds out/ leaks it.

That's....a lot easier said than done.

Sponge

Banned
Gotta love the scaling in Smash - Garden of Hope, Living Room, and now Gamer. It's like they're really tiny fighters.

Maybe a Project Giant Robot stage will suddenly make all the fighters really big, or a Doshin the Giant stage (though that should be a stage where you fight on Doshin).
Project Giant Robot is the game that reminds me of how much I want a Legendary Pictures Pacific Rim X Godzilla game.

That would be interesting to see! Speaking of interesting, your picks for crossover games keep getting better.

That would be interesting to see! Speaking of interesting, your picks for crossover games keep getting better.

A stage where every fighter is giant and you can destroy the buildings around you... that would be a pretty neat stage.

Thanks for the compliment! That is currently my number one licensed game I'd like to see, other than a sequel to Operation Genesis. Maybe one day we'll see the two series face off against each other. I'm sure Guillermo would be up for it, if he's not too busy making people poo their pants with Silent Hills.

So....what games other than Smash are you excited for?

Mario Kart 8 DLC and Splatoon, mostly. Zelda will be cool, but I can't let myself by excited for something when there isn't even an official name out yet.

EDIT: Speaking of, how awful was the Hyrule Warriors name reveal in that first trailer? Link reaches into the chest, and pulls out the name! Standard white font on a black background saying: Hyrule Warriors (name not final). Clearly it was final in the end.

Thinking of the way they unveiled the (name not final) Hyrule Warriors title reminds me of how much better the Pac Man (or PAC MAN?) reveal could've been.
Where were you when you found out Pac Man was in Smash? I was sitting behind my computer, reading text coming up on a liveblog.
Imagine the fan reaction though, if they had completed the tournament, then as the guy is getting his award, the CHALLENGER APPROACHING alarm starts blaring and THERE COMES SAKURAI! The Pac Man trailer plays, and at the end Sakurai challenges the winner to a fight: Zero Suit Samus vs. Pac Man. That would've been so cool. You probably wouldn't be able to hear anything over the crowd though.

Thinking of the way they unveiled the (name not final) Hyrule Warriors title reminds me of how much better the Pac Man (or PAC MAN?) reveal could've been.
Where were you when you found out Pac Man was in Smash? I was sitting behind my computer, reading text coming up on a liveblog.
Imagine the fan reaction though, if they had completed the tournament, then as the guy is getting his award, the CHALLENGER APPROACHING alarm starts blaring and THERE COMES SAKURAI! The Pac Man trailer plays, and at the end Sakurai challenges the winner to a fight: Zero Suit Samus vs. Pac Man. That would've been so cool. You probably wouldn't be able to hear anything over the crowd though.

Pac Man reveal is pretty much quintessential Nintendo logic™

Veeboy

Yoshi's Wooly World!
Persona 5 is the game I'm most excited for at the moment.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is also high on the list.

But as for 2014 I have nothing besides smash that I'm super hyped for. I'm looking at Captain Toad and such, but I'm mildly anticipating rather than frothing at the mouth like I am for the games mentioned above and Smash.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

*Rolls out list*
Lets see here....
Xenoblade X
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 1+2
toads treasure tracker or whatever its called
New 3DS
Xenoblade 3DS
fatal frame 5(let me dream)
SMTXFE
and so on...

Jawmuncher

so Jawmuncher are you buying MGSV on all platforms :p
Of course. It's not a metal gear purchase for me unless I buy it more than once.
Though now having 5 copies of the game is going to be interesting. Will end up just getting the PS4 and XB1 day 1 and wait on sale for PC, and last gen versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom