• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Palutena really got into Smash Bros. 4

ByU6awlCUAAYQew.png:small

Holy shit portal 2 is just five bucks, im on that tomorrow.
That game still holds my #1 favorite game position after three years. Only Pikmin 2 and 3 come close. You should really get that.
Omg....I don't agree at all. I feel like they're pretty generic. I think SS Impa has so much more personality. Also.... Cia feels so out of place to me :(
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Cia. When I first saw the screenshot, I had trouble believing it was actually from a Zelda game instead of something like Bayonetta. She just looks so weird and plastic-y.
That Ridley reminds me a lot of this WIP moveset. It's partially based on that previous flying Ridley, which explains the similar moves.
ssbb___ridley_psa_wip_10_by_bagansmashbros-d80dbk4.png
Why does Falco look like ass?
... why is Peach an ass?
The rumor said "Game & Wario" alongside other very specific names, while the actual name is "Gamer". He guessed the game (which wasn't a hard task, it's the latest Wario game and the only one released in the last 4-5 years) but got the name wrong.
I don't know why people assume that the leak is now more credible. It's Wario's most recent game, it's on Wii U (just like the games for three other stages), and Ashely and Kat & Ana use their Game & Wario designs. It wasn't too hard to guess.
Yet I keep hearing people talk about how "off the wall" of an idea it was (even Derrick Bitner, I think), which is confusing.
The best Nintendo character. Move over Rosalina and Lucina there's a new best princess in town.

Sakurai bias! Too much royalty!
Kings: Bowser, Ganondorf
Queens: Rosalina (I think)
Princes: Marth, male Robin, Bowser Jr.
Princesses: Peach, Zelda, Lucina, female Robin, Samus (sort of)

Pizza

Melee yes, Brawl no. Melee is the one where he looks awful. I was wondering why someone would intentionally make Falco look worse.

As bad as they are, ive always preferred the Starfox team's melee designs, mainly because they were super detailed renditions of the puppets that they were in Starfox 64. They look pretty gross, but are also rad.

It lists Endless Ocean multiple times.

It lists the repeating ones like this:
Pilot Wings
Endless Ocean
Nintendo Land
Pilot Wings
Endless Ocean
Nintendo Land

Which makes me think that he copied and pasted the list from somewhere else, and accidentally highlighted these again when he was doing the bottom half of the list.

It also lists Nintendo Land twice and WarioWare Inc. as a past stage. I thought we marked this as fake last week?

It also has Distant Planet and Flat Zone 2, two more retro stages on the 3DS version.

People hang onto it because they want certain characters in and like denying the overwhelming evidence against it.

boxter432

It also lists Nintendo Land twice and WarioWare Inc. as a past stage. I thought we marked this as fake last week?

warioware isn't a past stage?

the 2nd NintendoLand follows the 2nd endless ocean and pilot wings, so maybe it was a cut and paste?

edit: beaten and sent to the brig by The Captain

"aligning" with the rumor
cause you know, obvious and vague stage name

Guys, I have a leak:

Stage coming from a Nintendo game.
Master Chief is coming as DLC.
Using the R.O.B. amiibo will activate the robot takeover of the world.

If we see a new stage based on a Nintendo game, I'm pretty sure we can say the rest of the leak is real.

Exotoro

Guys, I have a leak:

Stage coming from a Nintendo game.
Master Chief is coming as DLC.
Using the R.O.B. amiibo will activate the robot takeover of the world.

If we see a new stage based on a Nintendo game, I'm pretty sure we can say the rest of the leak is real.
i'd laugh so hard if we got a new megaman stage or something

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ever since the community got split into two. 3DS OT and POTD Thread. I would like to ask people to not spamming, shit posting, or getting off topic. If you want to continuing off-topic discussions then please take it to Private Message.

I would like to have this thread only focusing on POTD, DLC/LEAKS and Smash 4-related news. This thread isn't for people to discussing birds' nipples, MGS5 games, etc because it's wrong thread for that kind of discussions. I don't want to see this thread get locked because people want to keep their post counts high.

If there is nothing to discuss about then just don't post until there are news or smash topic that we could discuss about.

Ever since the community got split into two. 3DS OT and POTD Thread. I would like to ask people to not spamming, shit posting, or getting off topic. If you want to continuing the community discussions then please take it to Private Message.

I would like to have this thread only focusing on POTD, DLC/LEAKS and Smash 4-related instead birds' nipples, MGS5 games, etc because it's wrong thread for people. I don't want to see this thread get locked because people want to keep their post counts high.

If there is nothing to discuss about then just don't post until there are news that we could discuss about.

Point taken. For the record, the whole thing about me wanting the most posts was a joke. I don't actually care about that - posting a lot is my way of trying to keep the discussion alive.

So before the 3DS ver. came out it was okay to talk about this shit, but now it's different?
Lol, okay then.

Let's be real, the mods were very nice to let some posters get away with a whole lot of spam for a year, but now there's less incentive to keep this thread open, especially if it gets spammy. But let's pretend it's such a crazy idea that the rules might be different now that the purpose of the thread has changed, even if slightly, or that EmCee and other mods might be sick of having to police hundreds of pages of content that can largely be summed up by 'Sakurai is a troll. Why isn't Ridley announced yet? When is the PotD uploaded again?'

What a whacky world we live in.

And that's not even touching on how multiple people have said how uncomfortable reading these threads made them given how creepy, inappropriate, and downright childish it has gotten at times.

j2PCwkeZtrpsr.png

jTaSkrj70eH1Y.jpg

Yes, it is.

You're also forgetting Distant Planet and Flat Zone 2, those were also on his list.
Add to that five characters being unlocked when the 3DS only has space for four, and the non-specific Game & Wario stage name, and you've got yourself an unbelievable leak. As in, I literally can't believe it.
He also says that all characters and stages will be unlocked from the start, along with unique Break the Targets maps for all fifty-one characters.

There is really no good reason to believe this - he was "right" about the Game & Wario stage, but considering he just called it "Game & Wario" instead of specifying it, it doesn't really count. A Game & Wario stage was to be expected.
Plenty of text leaks have been about as in-depth (and fake) as this one, and I think the only reason why this is spreading is because people want it to be true.

Gematsu had Wii Fit Trainer and other correct predictions. ESRB leak had images, and plenty of them. There were reasons to believe those.
There is no reason to believe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom