• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
You're also forgetting Distant Planet and Flat Zone 2, those were also on his list.
Add to that five characters being unlocked when the 3DS only has space for four, and the non-specific Game & Wario stage name, and you've got yourself an unbelievable leak. As in, I literally can't believe it.
He also says that all characters and stages will be unlocked from the start, along with unique Break the Targets maps for all fifty-one characters.

There is really no good reason to believe this - he was "right" about the Game & Wario stage, but considering he just called it "Game & Wario" instead of specifying it, it doesn't really count. A Game & Wario stage was to be expected.
Plenty of text leaks have been about as in-depth (and fake) as this one, and I think the only reason why this is spreading is because people want it to be true.

Gematsu had Wii Fit Trainer and other correct predictions. ESRB leak had images, and plenty of them. There were reasons to believe those.
There is no reason to believe this.

As much as I doubt that leak, I still can see both versions sharing multiple Past Stages; we already know Battlefield, Final Destination, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plains, and Skull Castle are shared; as terrible as Distant Planet was, it could easily be in both.

As much as I doubt that leak, I still can see both versions sharing multiple Past Stages; we already know Battlefield, Final Destination, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plains, and Skull Castle are shared; as terrible as Distant Planet was, it could easily be in both.

Didn't he say in the Direct that past stages would be different for each version?

Creep factor got turned up to 11 any time it was something related to Palutena, thankfully that has stopped.

That is the curse of being a female character from a video game. The internet will do weird things with you.

Here's a completely normal (animal) female character from a Nintendo game.
20131027214058!Isabelle.png
Here are the related searches for "Isabelle Animal Crossing."

anthropomorphic alien falcon pheasant

I always hate it when alien designs use humans as a base. Especially when they're indentical, with the skin color changing or some random bumps on their faces.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm just sitting here

wondering what a Wii U-rendered Wolf would look like

all hopin'

but probably won't happen

Always talking about leaks.

Forever.

oh right, Wii U leaks still can happen

I always hate it when alien designs use humans as a base. Especially when they're indentical, with the skin color changing or some random bumps on their faces.

One could argue that a humanoid build is a preferred/really useful evolutionary build

Golnei

It's understandable enough in live action as a continuation of the 'rubber suit' effect to make things easier on the actors, but games and animation have no excuse to not be more creative.

Azure J

Creep factor got turned up to 11 any time it was something related to Palutena, thankfully that has stopped.

Man, I am so glad we got beyond both the creepiness around her and the inflammatory accusations of people liking her only for her creep potential.

That was one of the strangest times in SmashGAF's lore.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much about a series where we are to believe that amphibians, birds, and mammals all evolved on another planet, then all three groups adopted humanoid forms, achieved sentience, and created a universal language that could be used and understood by everyone, and then invented space travel.

Zubz

Banned
Didn't he say in the Direct that past stages would be different for each version?

It sounded to me that it meant they wouldn't have the same roster of stages, not that they'd be totally unique. It was vague beyond "each system will have different past stages;" he doesn't specify if they would both be exactly the same.

I honestly consider Alph an upgrade.

Though, Alph looks really weird in this game, or is it just me? Something about him is off.
You shut up right now.

Alph (and the other characters from Koppai) look like they're constantly on caffeine, and he also has a smaller nose. Maybe that's it?

We just need 1 or 2 stage reveals before we can really judge this leak. Hopefully "Stage Friday" will make or break it.

So, uh... what's "Endless Ocean"?

KHlover

Banned
I'm just sitting here

wondering what a Wii U-rendered Wolf would look like

all hopin'

but probably won't happen

Aww don't give up yet, I'm sure Wolf will get a trophy in SSB4 WiiU, too. And even if he doesn't - there'll always be the new Star Fox game by Miyamoto :p

We just need 1 or 2 stage reveals before we can really judge this leak. Hopefully "Stage Friday" will make or break it.

So, uh... what's "Endless Ocean"?

Stage Friday this week is also the worldwide release of Smash Bros. for 3DS, so I don't expect a stage on Friday.

Endless Ocean is a game about oceans.

Stage Friday this week is also the worldwide release of Smash Bros. for 3DS, so I don't expect a stage on Friday.

Endless Ocean is a game about oceans.

"PotD: The 3DS version releases worldwide, so you guys will finally start getting Wii U-exclusive pics! Here's another new stage for the Wii U version."

"PotD: The 3DS version releases worldwide, so you guys will finally start getting Wii U-exclusive pics! Here's another new stage for the Wii U version."
Isn't there a character reveal scheduled for about that time? I think a PotD of the revealed character is more likely if that's true.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I would be okay with that :p

Castle Siege was revealed on Friday.

Oooh. That's awesome. I'm looking forward to see more Wii U stages. Castle Siege and Gamer really made me exciting to see if there are more good choices of stages available for Wii U.

Alternatively

Ness_SSB4_Render.png

I could see that happening. Friday or Monday.

So what characters are mirrored, like Sakurai had mentioned in that one POTD?
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Bowser Jr
Wario
Game&Watch
DK
Zelda (?)
Kirby
All Pokemon
DHD
ROB
Olimar (?)
Wii Fit Trainer
Dr Mario
Pac Man
Sonic
Mega Man

The rest have something where handedness is important. (Like holding weaponry)

Another poll! Nothing avatar-related, so feel free to place your bets!

When will the first character be revealed?
A) Friday (Oct. 3)
B) Monday (Oct. 6)
C) Neither

Poll ends on October 6.

Results:
A)
B) The Captain
C) -Horizon-, Veeboy, PreyingShark

BONUS POLL!
Who will the first revealed character be?
A) Ness
B) Not Ness

Poll ends when we get our first revealed character.

Results:
A) The Captain, Spinosaurus
B) -Horizon-, Veeboy, PreyingShark

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Bowser Jr
Wario
Game&Watch
DK
Zelda (?)
Kirby
All Pokemon
DHD
ROB
Olimar (?)
Wii Fit Trainer
Dr Mario
Pac Man
Sonic
Mega Man

The rest have something where handedness is important. (Like holding weaponry)

Do they switch hands when holding an item? I'd like to see how this works in action.

-Horizon-

A) Friday (Oct. 3)
B) Monday (Oct. 6)
C) Neither

Results:
A)
B) The Captain
C)

BONUS POLL!
A) Ness
B) Not Ness

Results:
A) The Captain
B)
1. C
2. B

Veeboy

A) Friday (Oct. 3)
B) Monday (Oct. 6)
C) Neither

Results:
A)
B) The Captain
C) -Horizon-

BONUS POLL!
A) Ness
B) Not Ness

Results:
A) The Captain
B) -Horizon-

Gonna go with
  1. C
  2. B

Ness is the first one you unlock if you do them by playing a number of matches. Brawl's order of unlockable reveals in the site were the same as the unlock order.

If Smash 4 is the same, then this is gonna be the order of reveal:
1. Ness
2. Falco
3. Wario
4. Dark Pit
5. Dr. Mario
6. ROB
7. Ganondorf
8. Mr. Game&Watch
9. Bowser Jr
10. Duck Hunt
11. Jigglypuff

Lucina was already revealed.

Ness is the first one you unlock if you do it by playing a number of matches. Brawl's order of unlockable reveals in the site were the same as the unlock order.

If Smash 4 is the same, then this is gonna be the order of reveal:
1. Ness
2. Falco
3. Wario
4. Dark Pit
5. Dr. Mario
6. ROB
7. Ganondorf
8. Mr. Game&Watch
9. Bowser Jr
10. Duck Hunt
11. Jigglypuff

Lucina was already revealed.
Should I put you down for A on the second poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom