• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeboy

Not the results I was expecting.

Well, when you think about it the odds are in our favor. There are more days a new character could be revealed besides that friday/monday and there are more characters that are not Ness than there are characters that are Ness. Although Ness is a likely early reveal, due to being a part of the original 12 and the only one of the twelve who represents a series which is not represented on the Smash site as of this moment.

Well, when you think about it the odds are in our favor. There are more days a new character could be revealed besides that friday/monday and there are more characters that are not Ness than there are characters that are Ness.

If we're just doing numbers then yeah, I guess you're right.

But Ness is the first unlockable, and revealed the day after Brawl was released, so that's why I'm going with those options.

"Numbers do not lie. Politics and poetry and promises, these are lies. Numbers are as close as we get to the handwriting of God". - Hermann Gottlieb, Pacific Rim

Ness is the first one you unlock if you do them by playing a number of matches. Brawl's order of unlockable reveals in the site were the same as the unlock order.

If Smash 4 is the same, then this is gonna be the order of reveal:
1. Ness
2. Falco
3. Wario
4. Dark Pit
5. Dr. Mario
6. ROB
7. Ganondorf
8. Mr. Game&Watch
9. Bowser Jr
10. Duck Hunt
11. Jigglypuff

Lucina was already revealed.

so doesn't that already mess up the theory? :p

Hatchtag

Banned
I kinda hope Dark Pit is revealed in his own reveal trailer, and I kinda hope it's like the teaser for Batman v Superman. Like it should start with Samus turning on the Ridley-signal during a thunderstorm, and then lightning flashes and reveals Dark Pit behind it.

I kinda hope Dark Pit is revealed in his own reveal trailer, and I kinda hope it's like the teaser for Batman v Superman. Like it should start with Samus turning on the Ridley-signal during a thunderstorm, and then lightning flashes and reveals Dark Pit behind it.

There would be meltdowns everywhere with the Ridley tease.

Aside from Luigi?

Eternal Darkness should at least get a stage, though.
BqHJQQQ.jpg

Golnei

What does Nintendo have other than Eternal Darkness (that one game Nintendo keeps renewing the license for but never uses)?

Fatal Frame might as well be a Nintendo property now, and recieved trophies in the 3DS game. It's not that well known, but certainly more than Eternal Darkness. And the two movies will probably help recognition a little.

A Pious Augustus AT and Pillar of Flesh stage wouldn't affect the rating any more than Redeads and the Reset Bomb Forest.

Yeah, probably, and the Master Core isn't exactly childish either.

An Eternal Darkness stage could potentially be the most disorienting/ confusing stage in Smash History when you think about it.

There's a separate non-SSE section with Ridley and Metal Face, mixed in with the Smash Run enemies. They're likely Wii U stage bosses.

Ridley as a stage boss was to be expected since the April Direct at the very least, maybe even the first Pyrosphere screenshot in August last year. Why anyone is still clinging to the hope of Ridley being playable as anything other than maybe a GamePad-run stage boss is beyond me.
Yeah, probably, and the Master Core isn't exactly childish either.

An Eternal Darkness stage could potentially be the most disorienting/ confusing stage in Smash History when you think about it.

I'd love it if they would mess with the players in a stage like that.

All this just makes me hope Nintendo uses the license again. Imagine how they could mess with players using the GamePad.
One of my favorite ideas was using MiiVerse functionality to trick players into doing bad things. "This door has loot inside!"

I'd love it if they would mess with the players in a stage like that.

All this just makes me hope Nintendo uses the license again. Imagine how they could mess with players using the GamePad.
One of my favorite ideas was using MiiVerse functionality to trick players into doing bad things. "This door has loot inside!"

Disappearing heads and fake stage crashes? Yeah, someone needs to make a mod of this.

Disappearing heads and fake stage crashes? Yeah, someone needs to make a mod of this.

Suddenly the game makes all players turn invisible. Or the match randomly ends with a "no contest," only to continue after a few seconds.

A Golden Hammer comes out of the ground, but just when you try to grab it, it smashes you several times.

EDIT: An Eternal Darkness stage on the 3DS where the stage fucks with each player individually. Make it happen, Nintendo.

Another poll! Nothing avatar-related, so feel free to place your bets!

When will the first character be revealed?
A) Friday (Oct. 3)
B) Monday (Oct. 6)
C) Neither

Results:
A)
B) The Captain
C) -Horizon-, Veeboy

BONUS POLL!
Who will the first revealed character be?
A) Ness
B) Not Ness

Results:
A) The Captain
B) -Horizon-, Veeboy
1. C
2. B

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
While I wasn't the biggest fan of Brawl, it does have one thing over SSB43DS: Tabuu.

The shadow monster thing isn't nearly as cool. I'm doubtful but I hope the Wii-U version has a different and cooler boss.

Who's with me?

Concerning a character reveal superseding a stage reveal--if Ness is revealed on Friday they'll probably officially show Magicant as well, and I think it's fairly likely that it is also in the Wii U version, so there's that possibility.

Concerning a character reveal superseding a stage reveal--if Ness is revealed on Friday they'll probably officially show Magicant as well, and I think it's fairly likely that it is also in the Wii U version, so there's that possibility.

If that was the case that would be +1 for the "Tower of Smash" leak wouldn't it?

It also said Magicant is a stage on the Wii U.

inb4 "that's two hits now, leak looking super likely!"

It would be another hit for my earlier leak as well.

Posting it once again:
1) There will be a new stage based on a Nintendo game.
2) Master Chief will be DLC.
3) Using the R.O.B. amiibo will activate the robot takeover of the world.

If we see Magicant on the Wii U version, we might as well assume parts 2 and 3 are true as well. My source is very trustworthy.

Gleethor

If that was the case that would be +1 for the "Tower of Smash" leak wouldn't it?

It also said Magicant is a stage on the Wii U.

Well it wouldn't be a strike against it, but yeah that's been a common theory for both Magicant and Mute City because A: they're both excellent stages, B: they're suspiciously not handheld-based, C: it would be crazy to have a unique stage in both versions for F-Zero and Mother when Metroid, StarFox, DK, Wario and Yoshi can't even get that, and D: up-porting stages from the 3DS to Wii U is likely much easier than vice versa so there's no real reason to not have new F-Zero or Mother stages when perfectly good ones already exist on 3DS and aren't handheld specific so they wouldn't be out of place on Wii U.

For those reasons, I'm about 95% sure that the Wii U version will have HD Magicant and Mute City, maybe with some slight changes.

Hatchtag

Banned
For those of us on Ridley-watch, it's worth noting Ridley had assist trophy files in Brawl despite not being an AT. Perhaps there could be a similar case here.
Oh god, the dream's really dead, isn't it? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom