• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
tumblr_nbtm4jlh2h1st4oujo1_500.png

lol the clever jerk

Don't blame him, got so many people begging for Smash Bros 3DS demo code.

Though I can't wait to do it again for the Wii U version.

Because the 3DS is a weak piece of shit, and the Wii U version shouldn't be held back by it? RIP Ice Climbers.

I'm sad the Climbers are gone, and thought about the idea of them being seperated through alts instead and being called "Ice Climber" but that compromises what they're all about.

That being said, it's going to be so good being able to play on the go for the first time ever. Today, I was able to take the demo to work with me and play Smash on my lunch break, which was awesome! If you look at the bigger picture, we got most of Brawl's roster, plus some clones, and around 15 entirely new characters all on one game cart, all with 3 different movesets - plus stages, trophies, music etc.

I'm really impressed with what they've been able to do with limited hardware to be honest

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That "Tower of Smash" sounds like something Sakurai would do... Sounds like the Tower of Treachery from A Link Between Worlds.

The thread poster mentioned in another post he thinks it's actually a reference to Namco's Tower of Druaga.

/v/ said:
I believe it might be a reference to Namco's Tower of Druaga, the design of the rooms reminds me of it and the music, while it's the Smash 4 theme, sounds a bit like the theme of that game at parts.

The thread poster mentioned in another post he thinks it's actually a reference to Namco's Tower of Druaga.

Wouldn't surprise me after the potential Final Destination / Soul Caliber connection. Man, I hope this is true because I like tower challenge-type minigames. Impa makes me question this though.

Watch Da Birdie

"Ridley grows wings in the air" made me laugh. Randomly including Impa also ruins it.

That wouldn't be too out of place, because that's basically what he does in Other M...I mean, he has the wingless form and the winged form. No clue if ground Ridley is actually the teen Ridley, but I could see Sakurai adapting that.

Wait, didn't Spainkiller mention Impa? All the characters mentioned here are the ones he said, right, and personally I'm willing to believe him.

Wouldn't surprise me after the potential Final Destination / Soul Caliber connection. Man, I hope this is true because I like tower challenge-type minigames. Impa makes me question this though.

What Soul Caliber connection?

Watch Da Birdie

Nah, just the other four.

Oh. I'm probably thinking of the other DLC rumors in the past.

But if Spainkiller is right and Ridley gets in, that means that the Trophy Theory basically was only off one character lol. And Impa would fill that.

Spinluck

The 3DS version is the main version of the game, why should it have less characters than the Wii U version?

Just because it was going to be the only version very early on in development doesn't mean it is the "main version."

Sakurai decided a Wii U version was necessary due to the limitations of the 3DS, so stop making shit up.

That Trophy description apparently mentions all the charming RH characters, and at the end singles out the Chorus Men as the most interesting iirc.

I definitely think that's pretty suspect.

It doesn't specify most interesting, but it goes on listing many cute/interesting characters and at the end says 'and from among all of them, here's the Chorus Kids to enjoy' basically.

Ryce

That Trophy description apparently mentions all the charming RH characters, and at the end singles out the Chorus Men as the most interesting iirc.

I definitely think that's pretty suspect.
The weirdest thing is that all of the characters listed come from the original GBA Rhythm Tengoku, and then there's a single sentence at the end mentioning Chorus Kids (from the DS game). There's no doubt in my mind that they were planned at some point.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, but I heard only like...500 I think can be transferred.

Just saw this Wii U Rumor. Damn, I'd love that if true.
Honestly, it seems that the rumours have latched on to those names to try and add credibility to them. Honestly, hardly any of the rumours mentioned DHD and yet here we are.

If a rumour comes out with a list of different names I'd be more inclined to believe it simply because it wouldn't sound like its bandwagoning.

Sakurai manged to improve the model of Zero Suit Samus by a lot, so I bet he could make Other M Ridley look much better.
Admittedly Sakurai managed to even make those pointless highheels functional, but I'm paranoid Ridley is still going to look weirdly muscular with a duck-face. At least it's not the 'evolution' idea I saw some leaks throw around a year or so ago.

Admittedly Sakurai managed to even make those pointless highheels functional, but I'm paranoid Ridley is still going to look weirdly muscular with a duck-face. At least it's not the 'evolution' idea I saw some leaks throw around a year or so ago.

That would be a lot more work than necessary.

Honestly, it seems that the rumours have latched on to those names to try and add credibility to them. Honestly, hardly any of the rumours mentioned DHD and yet here we are.

If a rumour comes out with a list of different names I'd be more inclined to believe it simply because it wouldn't sound like its bandwagoning.

I think there needs to be a rumor including Urban Champion Fighter. He could even function as a Little Mac clone if Sakurai is feeling lazy.

After that Reggie troll pre-E3, I feel like there's something happening with this franchise, you know? Probably a high-budget Western revival.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The original support for Impa came about as a solution for separating Zelda and Sheik and replacing Sheik with someone more general to Zelda than a one game character. Zelda and Sheik did separate but they obviously decided to just stick with Sheik. No idea what people are looking for with Impa suggestions now.

Honestly, Impa from the Oracle games would be the best one simply because she'd like add something completely new to the roster rather than being a Sheik clone.

The original support for Impa came about as a solution for separating Zelda and Sheik and replacing Sheik with someone more general to Zelda than a one game character. Zelda and Sheik did separate but they obviously decided to just stick with Sheik. No idea what people are looking for with Impa suggestions now.

Honestly, Impa from the Oracle games would be the best one simply because she'd like add something completely new to the roster rather than being a Sheik clone.

I would prefer Impa w/ her Hyrule Warriors sword, that thing is huge.

It would be like ZS Samus + Shulk in one. Agility & Sword Smacking!

But yeah, I doubt that would happen.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Who else besides Ghirihim and her would make a good new Zelda rep? The real SS villain would suck imo.
Tingle. Ganon, the guy who runs away from you in aLttP. There's a whole series outside of Skyward Sword. Also Groose.

I think there needs to be a rumor including Urban Champion Fighter. He could even function as a Little Mac clone is lazy.
I still want a joke Little Mac clone in the form of Glass Joe, just because winning with Glass Joe would be awesome.

Vuapol

I do like the idea of Tower of Smash, though I can imagine it gets really tedious after a while. God help us all if there's significant achievements for beating Tower of Smash in one go with each character.

Controlling the Chorus Kids with the conductor sounds so Sakurai.
It's Kids in the West and Men in Japan, right? I always get confused.
So do the fake leakers.

I'm trying to imagine a wingless Other M Ridley running around. I can only imagine how much of an abomination it would be, haha. That is a unique way of 'solving' the 'size issue'.

Oddly specific information. Ultimately time will tell,
and disprove.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes, it's Kids in the West and Men in Japan. The Gematsu leak called them Men which is where lots of people got the name from, because most people are wicked creatures who have never played a Rhythm Tengoku games. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom