• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread 17: Smash 3DS Discussion @ OT PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rran

Alright SmashGAF, If you had a choice of a DLC pack, what would it be?
B.) Villains DLC
- Hades
- Ridley (Super Metroid)
- King K. Rool
- True Ganondorf/ Demise
- Fawful

Hades would be fantastic. His portrayal in Uprising was just too good to be confined to a single title. At the very least, I hope he'll show up as a stage hazard in the WiiU version

C....I guess
we really need to stop with these polls though

Sixth poll that I'm running!

Will these polls stop?
A) Yes
B) No

Poll ends when we get the next poll. EDIT: It looks like this poll has ended the bet of whether or not we'd get more polls! Congratulations to the one winner, The Captain!
Remember: no avatar bets are tied to this! Vote as you please!

Results:
A)
B) The Captain

Links to previous polls:
-November 21 release date confirmation
-Character reveal date
-Next character reveal
-October 3's POTD
-Character DLC release

In all seriousness, I'll stop.

The Captain, needing basically 20 more posts. To be number one.. Looks like you're almost there.

B

theprodigy stop spamming it up with '/s' posts. :p

Ryce

Though the Dragon King influence is still quite strong
I've never understood this. There are only two or three Dragon King screens in existence, and none of the attacks being utilized in them match up to anything Captain Falcon does. None of the character models look like SSB64 Falcon either. The only similarity is that Falcon is a fist-fighting human.

I've played F-Zero for as long as I remember, and I definitely don't get that feel from him in Smash.
Really? I think he plays as much like an F-Zero vehicle as a human being possibly could -- the speed, power, sharp turns, fire, and so on.

Really? I think he plays as much like an F-Zero vehicle as a human being possibly could -- the speed, power, sharp turns, fire, and so on.

Don't know about him resembling a vehicle, but he definitely is the embodiment of what F-Zero is all about - the speed, insanity... and sheer awesomeness of the franchise =]

Alright SmashGAF, If you had a choice of a DLC pack, what would it be?

A.) Returning DLC
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucas
- Mewtwo
- Wolf
- Ice Climbers

B.) Villains DLC
- Hades
- Ridley (Super Metroid)
- King K. Rool
- True Ganondorf/ Demise
- Fawful

C.) Third-Partiers DLC
- Bomberman
- Simon Belmont
- Rayman
- Solid Snake
- Tails/ Shadow (Commemorating the Sonic series' second Smash appearance)

D.) Odd-Ones Out DLC
- Bandana Dee
- Charging Chuck
- Joey's Rattata
- Adeleine
- Anthony Higgs
- Paper Mario
Oh lord. I'd pick A and leave the villains for Smash 5.

Sakurai said it's hard to bring back cut characters, because converting data from old games is very time expensive. There's always another chance for newcomers, but cut characters are most likely lost forever.

It's great how a poll on Smash Bros. DLC wants leads to a "discussion" of the best Kid Icarus character.

I put "discussion" in quotes because there is only one right answer.

You see what polls do? It gets others involved!

A.)
- theprodigy
- ffdgh
- -Horizon-
- The12thGripper
- Ahnez
- Troubled Bat
- Storm Kyleis

B.)
- PfantzyPantz
- Zubz
- Gonzo the Great
- Beelzebufo
- KLatin Scelus
- Rran

C.)
- Jawmuncher
- euphemism

D.)
- The Captain

The Captain, if you really care about poll results, and don't just want to spam the thread with a bunch of useless crap, make a Google Form or something for everyone to fill out with all of your polling questions.

Golnei

I've never understood this. There are only two or three Dragon King screens in existence, and none of the attacks being utilized in them match up to anything Captain Falcon does. None of the character models look like SSB64 Falcon either. The only similarity is that Falcon is a fist-fighting human.

It's not anywhere near ironclad, but it always seemed plausible, at least - especially considering we know so little about the game's development, it explains an odd character inclusion and gives another reason for Sakurai preferring to play as Falcon and derivative movesets thereof. And I do like how fitting it is that Falcon could have possibly received his moveset due to having a similar build to a character that was already ingame.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... he at least has the best theme music

It's definitely up there, but the Chaos Kin and Dog's themes outdo it.

uh huh

how is bizarro world btw Jawmuncher?

I wouldn't mind living there - I hear they got a version of Other M that was pretty good.

The Captain, if you really care about poll results, and don't just want to spam the thread with a bunch of useless crap, make a Google Form or something for everyone to fill out with all of your polling questions.

... I don't care about these poll results. I just use them for discussion purposes.

-Horizon-

Fifth poll that I'm running:

When will character DLC for Super Smash Bros. be released?
A) Wii U version release
B) By the end of 2014
C) First half of 2015
D) Second half of 2015 and beyond
E) There won't be DLC

Poll ends when we get the announcement of the sixth Super Smash Bros.
Remember: no avatar bets are tied to this! Vote as you please!

Results:
A)
B) KLatin Scelus, Troubled Bat
C) theprodigy
D)
E) The Captain, Pop-O-Matic

Links to previous polls:
-November 21 release date confirmation
-Character reveal date
-Next character reveal
-October 3's POTD
Gonna go with B on this one.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No interfering in the posting contest! I'll win fairly.

The Captain - 590 and TheProdigy - 610. 3rd place are like 400-500 posts less than both of you.

I wish people would cut it out with spamming and overusing the polls.

Agreed.

... I don't care about these poll results. I just use them for discussion purposes.

Then why doing polls if you are not taking the polls serious. It cluttered up our thread badly.

Sponge

Banned
I also answered E) No character DLC because I think adding in character DLC would unbalance the game.

My predictions for DLC: costumes, trophies, music. That's about it.

Trophy DLC would be so pointless if you ask me. No one is gonna shell out money for a trophy unless it's attached to said costumes. Music would be cool if it also accompanied stages.

Polls and discussion are borderline antithetical to one another. There's nothing discussion-like about a bunch of people posting a letter one after another.

In general, this website is not big on polling/voting:
Don't make garbage threads
If you are posting a discussion topic, think about whether the subject has merit. Topics which exist only to ask a yes/no question with no room for actual discussion, or topics which exist only encourage subsequent replies consisting of lists or rankings are generally discouraged. Note that this category also includes unsanctioned "Vote for your favourite" threads

I'm not trying to backseat moderate you, I'm just cluing you in to something you likely don't know about.

Muzy72

Banned
1-2 polls a day is fine, but anymore is kinda pushing it lol.

I'm fine with whatever the DLC is, but I hope they prioritize Ice Climbers/Mewtwo/Wolf/Lucas over anyone else.

As for newcomers, I've gotten pretty much every newcomer I wanted in the base game (Mega Man, Rosalina, Palutena, Lucina, Shulk, Dark Pit), but Dixie, Chorus Kids, and the Inklings would be nice.

Then why doing polls if you are not taking the polls serious. It cluttered up our thread badly.

So far I've only made five actual poll posts - the last one was a joke one.
I don't repost any of the results, I just edit the original posts. I try to keep things clean.

And I just do these polls for fun, I like seeing what everyone thinks and I like seeing the bets. That's it. And sometimes it does lead to discussions.

I'll stop with the polls though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom